It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos hover above the sinking of Costa Concordia ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'm a bit skeptic about this, however I want show you ATSers, this strange "things" in photos and video captured after the sinking of Costa Concordia in Italy.
Glitch, dust, water droplets on cameras... or Ufos? Your thoughts.

Edit: I'm still search another video, that I've seen yesterday, where I saw a very and unusual bright and very fast object on that area.

Found it! Cropped from the video.

Here The official video from a n helicopter of Guardia di Finanza.
www.youreporter.it...

The white, bright and very fast object appear at 1:30!

edit on 18-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Kite surfers?
Seriously what type of response is the offending YTer looking for ?
Ok the Aliens are rescuing their alien brothers and sisters who are on a cruise doing earthly type things to relax.
Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel,No offence arken .

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

post by Arken
I'm a bit skeptic about this

With good reason , I think its fair to assume that given we are looking at the sea the UFOs are Seagulls or other rescue craft .

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm not ruling out the existence of UFO's but, those are just ocean water spray just droplets of water on the camera lens.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It is not water droplets,

Watch the link the OP provided, the original video.

Its probably a seagull, it was very fast though .

We want blueprints for a UFO,

We have everything else

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
looks like a seagull to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yep, those aren’t UFO’s they’re GU11’s.
If you look really closely you might also see some B1RD’s as well.
They like to loiter anywhere free food can be found.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
understandably skeptic , the objects are really small making the craft tiny and the aliens even smaller like gi joe size...everyone above has the right idea ..seagulls, water drops...stuff.. (i live on the coast and see videos with these in regular)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yep, those aren’t UFO’s they’re GU11’s.
If you look really closely you might also see some B1RD’s as well.
They like to loiter anywhere free food can be found.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Hmm, I don't know

A supersonic Seagull? That "thing" is fast, very fast and appear suddenly from nowhere....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Wow.

At a loss for words.

They're all seagulls for God's sake.

You know, sometimes this fanaticism for trying to prove the existence of UFOs simply has to be reined in, especially when such dreadful images of a real Human tragedy - where lives have been lost and families are torn apart - are used to try and further a cause.

And this comes from a believer in alien visitation...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i knew it'd be only a matter of time before ufo's became attached to this tragedy. people are f'd up for that , the dead aren't even resting yet and you're claiming ufo's are involved when they clearly were NOT.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
A supersonic Seagull? That "thing" is fast, very fast and appear suddenly from nowhere....

Obviously they are not supersonic, or you would hear a sonic boom in your video. If they were transonic then you would see Prandtl–Glauert singularities forming around them. as none of this is obviously occurring they are moving at a very conventional speed. The reason why they appear to be moving fast is distance from the camera and ship. It’s a matter of perspective creating an optical illusion of great speed.
For example:

Now that aircraft is obviously not traveling at warp 9, but what is happening is that the camera is focusing on a larger distant object, and when a closer object flies between the camera and its focus, you get the illusion of high speed.

The reason why the object suddenly appears and disappears is a matter of lighting. A bird is a relatively small object, and would appear completely invisible against the background at that distance, except for the reflection of the sun off of it. When the sun hits the bird in the “right way” to cause a reflection you see it, when there is no refection you don’t.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
yeah you gotta watch out for them UFO's with a spinning rotor blade making that otherworldly "wocca wocca wocca" noise

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken does it ever occur to you when you see one of these YouTube ufo videos to actually look at all the other videos the user posts and if they are as obsessed with ufo's as you are to give it a miss

I mean this is on the coast did seabirds not spring to mind also with the amount of people around the ship and watching from the coast no one else seemed to see ufo's

[snipped]

edit on Thu Jan 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Although probably not threadworthy, I thought this object hovering over Seattle and apparently emitting some kind of transporter or tractor beam, captured on the cell phone of a homeless man awoken from a sound sleep on a park bench, looked more impressive.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for your opinion defcon5.

I agree with you, about the perspective but, in the helicopter VIDEO, that I've posted, the Ship is far away.
The ship is roughly 300 meters long.
The camera is not focusing ditectly on the Ship, but in very wide camp.
The white object (seagull?) is not in front of the camera on board the helicopter but at great distance.
The white object appear from nowhere at 1:30 min and travel at very fast speed in only 2 seconds.
I find this, at least,...odd.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by wmd_2008

Stay safe and very, very calm....wmd_2008

Post on topic and not on members.

Because sooner or later..... T&C.

Please read what I am about to say and understand what I am saying before running to post a reply or cry to the mod that someone is violating the T&C by talking to you like you’re an adult human being. Seriously.

Arken, it’s time to step up and start being an adult. You have been around long enough that more is expected of you. If you have not learned a thing or two by now, then there is no hope for you. We all want to believe, we all want this stuff to be real, but propagating ignorance like this makes the whole community look bad. And you should know this by now.

I mean I get it and all, knowingly post utter crap then run and wrap yourself up in the T&C when someone dares questions your motives or intelligence for posting what any elementary gradschooler could see is crap.

Here’s one clue (of about a dozen that come to mind immediately, I can give you the rest if your brains stuck)….where are the other reports of amazing UFO’s and other videos from this place? There are hundreds of cameras there. Since there are no real first hand MASS WITNESSES coming forward, one can immediately assume that this video is of nothing more than mundane objects, so mundane the people in the video could give two cares….you can assume this is a mundane video that some idiot on youtube makes into something it’s not, then other “useful idiots” propagate it for him everywhere because they have an inner need they are trying to fill. And no, don’t go crying to a mod about the term “useful idiot”. It is not an insult.

Maybe you should take our criticism as an honor. We know you post on here all the time and have been around for years. So we naturally think you must have learned a thing or two by now…so when you post something utterly stupid like this…..well, we wonder why you do it? Do you do it just because you can? Just because you have an inner need to be filled?

So by now you can easily see how this video can be dismissed in SECONDS by anyone with half a brain. Which makes us wonder why you post this, because there is NO WAY you honestly lack the mental ability to see that this video is NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That looks more like ISS rather than a plane. Try do pause it when it goes by. I can't see no resemblance of a plane. But it sure looks like the ISS.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Actually you are correct, the video is mistitled on youtube.
Look in the lower left corner of the video and it says ISS transit.
Good catch.

It still doesn’t change my point, and you can find other videos of planes crossing the moon if you look around. When you zoom a camera in on a distant object, and something crosses the path of the lens at closer range, its speed appears exaggerated. Also in the OP's video you need to take the speed of the helicopter itself moving the the opposite direction into account.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join