It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French parliament report accuses Israel of water 'apartheid' in West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

The report was issued two weeks ago but only now appeared in the press. Essentially it states that 450,000 settlers get more water then 2.3 miullion Palestinians. It also acknowledges Israel systematically destroys Palestinian wells so as to deny them water for their crops. Israel typically blocks planned construction of water purification plants planned by the Palestinian Water Ministry. The French report called it "Water Apartheid".

The surprise is the French Parliment took the time to assess the facts and issue the report. It seems to me the UN would have been the correct venue and would have carried much more political weight. The settlements are deemed illegal by the UN under International Law and various conventions so one must conclude the Israelis are not only stealing the land but also the water.

People of conscience are finally speaking out and in doing so increase the awareness of Israeli apartheid. Thank You France!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I had a fairly comprehensive thread on here a couple years back, called "Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza", it's vanished from ATS without a trace or explination, but it went into alot of detail about the water, electricity, food, and medical supplies being kept from the Pallestinians. Doing the reasearch for that thread ultimately made me sick to my stomach. The thread is gone, completely, no u2u about it being deleted, no links to it, no reference to it at all except a mention of it in another old thread of mine. The Talmudic Aparheid apparently continues though.

new topics

join