It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And on another note, do those sounds creep any one else out as bad as me. I can barley even listen to them without fear that something is going to bust through my window, grab me, and yank me out >.<
I need to stop watching scary movies before bed.....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

I don't know anything about it at all, and seeing that post I was just putting it up for debate; however, thank you for throwing in your personal experience on that topic =)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
reply to post by TinyRage

The University of Iowa (where I happen to be) is conducting no such investigation. I would love to know what source this individual has to postulate such claims.

I beg to differ

University of Iowa

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

well said sir.
I agree that it's very likely a hoax or started out as a viral campaign and then even more people just took the audio and added it to more videos for #s and giggles. And clearly its worked, lots of people freaking out on this forum claiming it's aliens and what not, always taking anonymous youtube videos at face value as if video editing and a million other ways to hoax don't exist, sad really.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

As do I sir:

2003 Polar Science Working Group Meeting

There is no finalization to the research, and it has not been undergoing or continued in any form recently.
edit on 16.1.2012 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Those recordings are 15 years old.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
With the last update taking place of Dec 2010? So at least it still/was being paid attention too.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by DeadSeraph

well said sir.
I agree that it's very likely a hoax or started out as a viral campaign and then even more people just took the audio and added it to more videos for #s and giggles. And clearly its worked, lots of people freaking out on this forum claiming it's aliens and what not, always taking anonymous youtube videos at face value as if video editing and a million other ways to hoax don't exist, sad really.

Well my question is then...why hasn't someone with some expertise analyzed it and posted the findings proving that sounds have either been edited in or out?

Surly someone has taken a close skeptical look at it and closely analyzed it...so why would they not post the results...are they in on it too?

Sounds like speculation to explain in logical terms the unexplainable to me!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinyRage

There's a difference between the website being updated in December of 2010 and the last research conducted on the project which was in early 2004.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

This thread is not even a day old.. maybe wait a bit? I mean it's pretty easy to tell by ear that it's the same audio or slightly edited in several of the videos, but ya be nice if someone does a proper analysis.

I find it kinda humorous though that "believers" are always willing to take a conspiracy or alien/paranormal story at face value and believe it just seeing one video on youtube, but then when people offer more rational explanations THEN they suddenly need oodles of proof and analysis for the more logical explanations while they need nothing to believe it's aliens or some other out there thing they want to believe in. Truly bizarre to see the direct opposite of Occam's Razor and scientific thinking in action.
edit on 17-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
To be hones guys, on a lot of those videos, it sounds like they have just added the Kiev sounds over, and in some cases messed with it, to try and hide it a bit. But I believe there are a lot of people screwing around, which, is making the research into this phenomena very difficult.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wasnt this already debunked as a hoax? It was a horn sound from from Gears of War 3 superimposed on the video if I remember correctly.

Start it at 5:35

edit on 17-1-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A tiny town in an English Village, Woodland, is the latest victim of a mysterious hum that started about two months ago.

Residents claim that they hear a noise every night, that sounds a lot like a car engine running, especially from midnight until 4:00 am. And the noise is driving them mad. Reports are that the hum is at times so strong that it shakes beds.

Residents of Woodland have looked and searched for a source of this mysterious hum. But they haven’t found anything. So they now have called in the council to investigate.

abcnews.go.com...

www.unknowncountry.com...

Strange sounds--usually hums--have bothered people all over the world in the past few years. Now there is a mysterious rattling and humming sound in Windsor, Canada that is spreading and getting worse, and authorities are still don't know what's causing it.

Read the original source: www.unknowncountry.com...

These strange noises is the earth. It is going through changes.Maybe what is happening with the earth we are able to hear it. It is just an idea

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

This thread is not even a day old.. maybe wait a bit? Furthermore, it's funny that "believers" are always willing to take a conspiracy or alien/paranormal story at face value and believe it just seeing one video on youtube, but then when people offer more rational explanations THEN they suddenly need oodles of proof and analysis for the more logical explanations while they need nothing to believe it's aliens or some other out there thing they want to believe in. Truly bizarre to see the direct opposite of Occam's Razor and scientific thinking in action.

Heres the funny thing...I didn't say I bought into any of the alien/paranormal anything...I just said I didn't buy fully into the sound being edited in or out!

So how does that fit into your more rational explanation theory?

I am looking for rational facts...not theories....I have heard all the theories I can stand...including your hoax theory!

I am ready for some facts...and the facts are these...the video contain some strange sounds...they have not yet been identified...and as much as you are preaching about people jumping to conclusions...you are one of them!

Is your hoax idea anything more than a theory without proof of any kind...and purely speculation at this point?

I would say it is...and it makes you not a bit different than the people you are so happily bashing for theorizing that it is alien, paranormal, etc...

So that being said...proof of your theory would be nice...do you have any?
edit on 17-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

That sounds to me more along the lines of Taos Hum, a widely known feature of Earth that is heard all across the globe, but is known to amplify and deamplify at times.

The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people. Hums have been reported in various geographical locations. In some cases a source has been located. A Hum on the Big Island of Hawaii, typically related to volcanic action, is heard in locations dozens of miles apart. The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine. Typically, the Hum is difficult to detect with microphones, and its source and nature are hard to localize.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Why does this have to turn into an argument? I am not trying to say this report from Mexico is real or not I have no dog in this fight and I don't care either, I can offer no proof..I'm not trying to..you asked me a question..I answered it..why do I have to do your research? simply put I am not defending this video nor am I trying to debunk it..all I was saying is..many people have heard these rumbling sounds..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

I am not arguing, all I am doing is requesting for you to provide evidence to support the claims you are imposing. You've gone from saying that a thread says "thousands of people have heard this", to "maybe hundreds, but probably thousands." You are wanting me to do the job of research to support your claim for you...that's not how research works.

If you feel this is an argument, I'd wonder why, as I never ascerted that you were referring to this video, as neither was I. I was speaking on the topic as a whole as well. If you feel threatened by this, then by all means do the research like you should, and present it to us for review. It's plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know what it is.

Its a viral marketing campaign for the new TOOL album

Seems like something they would be capable of.

On a serious note, a while back there was quite an interesting thread on these sounds in which the participants played the sounds to their children who heard a message, dont know if the thread died or I just missed it but yeah check it out.

Conversation with a 6 year old
edit on 17-1-2012 by demoncleaner because: added link

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Again what "proof" are you looking for from me? I'm not an audio engineer, nor do I have to be to recognize what everyone else has been saying, that it's obvious that it sounds like there is the same audio track in several videos... Have you not listened to them? Are your own ears not able to tell when things are the same even when you hear the same birds in some of them? Like I said how about you be patient and maybe someone will do a further analysis? You're whining about proof that the audio is the same when the thread is not even 1 day old, calm the hell down, audio engineers or enthusiasts don't grow on trees.. Other then that, not sure what other "proof" can be provided that it's a hoax or what you expect. A signed confession from a hoaxer? That's obviously not going to happen.

All I said is I agree that it is probably a hoax based on the fact that the same audio track clearly seems to be in several of the videos, and you jump down my throat. How about you bother the other half of the thread who said the same thing and get off my nuts, thanks.
edit on 17-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

The constant rumbling/hum sound, that's more like rolling thunder, is very different than the "war of the worlds" type sounds in these videos. You can't just lump all strange sounds into one big bucket to say "thousands have heard this same sound".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join