It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, DNC amass $240 million campaign war chest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
WASHINGTON – President Obama and the Democratic Party have raised more than $240 million for his re-election, swamping his rivals' fundraising as the president races to build a war chest to defend against the eventual Republican nominee and deep-pocketed GOP "super PACS."

This is about the total net worth of Mitt Romney. Obama collected a record $745 million to win the presidency in 2008, raising expectations that his re-election effort could exceed $1 billion.

Source

Obama collected more than $42 million during the closing three months of the year, his campaign announced Thursday, while more than $24 million went to the Democratic National Committee, to help build a national campaign infrastructure ahead of the November election.

The fundraising puts Obama roughly on par with the amounts raised by President George W. Bush at this point in his 2004 re-election effort. But this year's contest is markedly different.

And the President of the United States is...Barack Obama

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Greaaaaaat...that assures good;" people oriented" govt. I don't know about you but;Those $38,000 a plate luncheons are just abit out of my price range...Anybody expecting"change"( this time around...)by voting for this current president deserves the govt we get.

edit on 15-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by Daedal

Greaaaaaat...that assures good people oriented govt.those $38,000 a plate luncheons are just abit out of my price range...

Just think.........

You can feed a family of 4 to a decent dinner for 50 dollars.......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well when Barry loses by a landslide to Ron Paul he can spend the rest of his millions becoming the new dictator of Persia

new topics

top topics

join