It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Against Photo IDs in Voting Booths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There you go! My Favorite is the one about the 900 dead people voting.

And I'll admit I don't know if liberals or the left or whatever is for or against voter Idea in particular since the OP didn't post a link to back it up.

EDIT: Forgot to drive my point home, got distracted because the phone. Anywho theres no reason not to show an ID to curb voter fraud as people have pointed out you need an ID for pretty much anything, wither to register a car, buy a pack a smokes or sign up for welfare.

I just want a fair working democracy, I want my vote to actually count and my favorite candidate or Prop be passed because we agree upon it, not because the other cheated more.
edit on 1/12/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just to be clear.

No one is saying that you should not have to show ID when you show up at the polling station.

What we are saying is that you ALREADY have to show ID when you show up at the polling station AND you have to prove you are a citizen when you register to vote AND you have to register to vote before you can vote..

Before anyone can vote, he/she must be registered. If he/she can get on the voter registration list then he/she must be able to demonstrate that they are legal. Illegal aliens cannot pass that test, and why would they put themselves at risk of being found out as illegal? Having to show additional ID at the polling place, beyond what is already shown does not change that dynamic in any way.

What we are saying is that the controversy about these laws is TRUMPED UP NONSENSE! They are being promoted for the sole purpose of raising a FALSE ISSUE in the electorate. The backers of these laws don't have any real issues that they can discuss intelligently and win over the voters so they have to invent issues that have no consequence one way or the other, but that they can use to exploit people emotions.

No one is saying that voter fraud never occurs either. What we are saying is that that fraud is extremely minor, there are already quite strong laws on the books to deal with it. If lawmakers are that terribly concerned about it happening in their state, they should ensure that their Secretary of State gets the message and has the funds to pursue it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join