It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you can't sleep? Here is why!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BinarySamurai
reply to post by NotApplicable

Your gonna have to show me that my gums are absorbing more fluoride from my toothpaste than drinking fluoridated water because I don't swallow my toothpaste. And since A person would drink more water than brush a day I find this to be a cruddy second excuse.

If any tooth paste gets under your tongue its going into your bloodstream.

edit on 11-1-2012 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

Thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I don't live in America, and baking soda brushes my teeth. Maybe I'm the 1% ... maybe we're missing something else?

In Canada, we have to have our well tested every year for bacteria et all. The lady at the lab wishes she had a well like ours, just lucky I guess... but I won't defend my water here.

Perhaps there is just 'something' going on, perhaps it is global issues? What can you blame it on when life is great? I mean I've had times in my life where worry should have kept me up and it didn't. Something in the food? Sign of the times?

Speculation solves nothing and while I don't doubt fluoride is unhealthy, we can't blame all our woes on one thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Im wondering if my treasured soda contain fluoride....

It is almost certain to be made from filtered tap water from a municipal water supply. Almost all municipal water supplies in the US are fluoridated. The filters they use will not remove fluoride. Unless you are able to find a soda made from a different water source it will almost certainly contain fluoride,

The same holds true for any canned or prepared product containing water, from your favorite canned soup to that cup of coffee at McDonald's.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You can't sleep for a multitude of exciting reasons.

There is vastly more to You than the fractional conscience and spiritual energy squirted into your incarnate body in this specific lifetime. Depending upon your situation, challenge, INSPIRATION, and lesson, you may have more of your greater Self enthusing your body at specific times in your life. Much more is happening now, on a non-linear increase rate of frequency, beyond the 3 dimensions with which you currently identify.

You are also reconnecting, subconsciously, with facets and influences from other incarnations (including broader clan/species themes) in an effort to absorb, integrate and resolve unfinished business. Consider this a broadening, heightening re-integration of much more than you know/knew You are.

There are energies offering to support and assist you. There are energies observing you, with fascination. There are energies attempting to interfere with and impede you. There are subconscious connections with those whom you have identified and built relations, grasping at continuity and security of attachment. There are influences coming from those who don't want to leave you, as they progress. There are influences coming from those who aren't progressing as much or in the same ways, not wanting to be left behind or forsaken.

Now is the time to start feeling, and to diminish habitual thinking and planning. Fewer uses of the word "how" within your inner talk and outer activities will help you. Greater focus on "why" will illuminate the way with inspiration through remaining lessons -- with clarity and motivation.

Stability of most systems, relationships, constructs, and memberships -- that upon which so many identify and find security -- may become limiting and inhibiting to your evolution. Such limits will dissolve. Attachment or addiction to such foundations will become increasingly perilous and fruitless.

This is an increasingly personal period of growth in sovereignty. What a wonderful time to be alive!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotApplicable
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Yes, great question. Since the water supply itself is fluoridated, the water used in the making of some food products also has fluoride.

I've read documentation in multiple places that fluoride causes calcification of the pineal gland.

The way I see it, there's no way to completely avoid getting at least some amount of fluoride into the bloodstream each year that we live, even without fluoride toothpaste and filtered water.

The product of the future would be something that can cross the blood-brain barrier, is SAFE, and can detoxify sodium fluoride from the brain/blood. I read on a website that exposure to the sun and taking vitamin D can detoxify a person of fluoride, but I will not quote that source, since they did not have a scientist or researcher to back these claims up.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

According to the source the large majority of the US population has been ingesting fluoride all their lives. Then shouldn't the US be the land of insomniacs? I'm going on 50 yrs old and i sleep like baby every night. I slept just fine even during my years in Iraq as well. I can basically sleep anytime i want to. For me it's just a matter of relaxing. Stress or something you eat or drink just before bed time will make sleep difficult.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lithops

insomnia is not always caused by stress , i have this problem because i can't switch off my head at night in bed.
i can go for three or four nights without being able to sleep , and then i crash but the cycle starts again the next evening . i find that herbal remedys work best for me

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
I still can't sleep!
I don't worry about it. I have rarely had 6 hours plus sleep in 24 years and I'm as sharp as a pin (well I like to think so). We don't NEED as much sleep as we're "educated" to think. You may function slightly better with more sleep but you spend less of your life "doing stuff".

I love being awake.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by chr0naut

I collect rainwater off our roof

So what about the radiation in the rain? Does that all get filtered out too?
edit on 10-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Yes, all heavy metals and most chemicals are removed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotApplicable
reply to post by chr0naut

Nice! But in America it is illegal for us to trap rain water

Gotta love not being in America then!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by chr0naut

I don't drink flouridated water.

I collect rainwater off our roof, it goes into an underground concrete tank, sits for several months and is overflowed into a secondary tank.

The oxygenated water 2 inches under the surface of this tank is pumped through a multi-stage filter including osmotic and charcoal elements.

It tastes lovely.

I still can't sleep!

nice seup! how much did that cost you?

2 times 6000 gallon underground concrete tanks, excavation, plumbing, pump, prefilter, multistage self-purging filter (computer controlled) all about $9,000 NZ to implement (this was five years ago).

The installation company maintains the filter setup & checks water quality every 6 months $80 per visit.

Replacement of filter elements (pre & post) and occasional peroxide treatment for algal blooms in tanks & pipes, perhaps $120 extra approximately every two years.

edit: Just remembered that we started off with a cheap Chinese manufactured pump which died in the first year. Replaced it with a top quality German manufactured pump, guaranteed for 20 years. It cost $790.00 and is worth every cent.
edit on 11/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Of course different chemicals have different results in different people, I wouldn't say fluoride is a direct link to insomnia in everyone, but my main point is that the chemical is very unhealthy and should not be put in our water supply. Lack of melatonin has also shown to cause a decrease in appetite and much more. To stay on subject though, it would be interesting to see the outcome if the water was never fluoridated and fluoride was never used in toothpaste. Maybe we will never know or maybe in the future generations who live (mostly) fluoride free lives will tell.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

I know. I just stated what causes me to have sleeping problems. Or more accurately, having trouble falling asleep. Guess i forgot to put "in my case" in there somewhere

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Ohh, someone else uses baking soda to brush their teeth too
I don't do it regularly though, only when i need to bleach all the tea, coffee and tobacco off of them. Works great for that, by the way, all of you who didn't know.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Where I live there is 0.8 to 1.2 mg of fluoride in the water.

I looked into this recently and water filtration systems such as britta or pur don't remove fluoride at all.

I have been drinking poland spring which has a small amount of fluoride 0.1 mg

You can use this site to find free spring water where you live.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I agree with the person from Finland. I think stress is the biggest culprit...high adrenaline and other chemicals that overpower the melatonin....

Although I do think that people who drink fluoridated water might have more insomnia because they are not producing much melatonin to begin with and then add the high stress levels and you get a case of the night owls. So really it could be a bit of both.

My father drank well water his entire childhood and he still suffered from sleep walking and other sleep disturbances....I think even though he drank unfloridated water, his traumatic childhood messed him up in spite of that.

I spent most of my life in Europe drinking either unfluoridated water, either from the tap or mineral water and yet I still am a night owl.....for what ever reason my on switch gets flipped after dark....my brain is more active, I am more alert and I have a harder time calming down and self soothing....chamomile and lavender help. I also am not physically active in the daytime....I think if I exercised more I'd be worn out at night.

It would be interesting to have a study done that addresses these variables....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join