It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists hate Christians? but Ron Paul and Alex Jones are Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I hate it when atheists are very aggressive toward the simple Christians...not the hardcore ones who believe in the rapture and etc... But take Ron Paul as an example, i believe he is Christian or catholic (please correct me if im wrong) and he wants to change America for the good and end the FED.. not once did he say "believe in god or you will suffer!" and look at Alex Jones, bright man and he is a real Christian (some call him a Zionist Jew, which is BS)

I am proud to be a Christian and standing for liberty to fight the evil men in power..and not once did i try to convert people to Christianity... you might criticize my grammar, but that is because i started learning English about 5 years ago and i am still taking classes... i write better than i speak.

OK yes i do acknowledge that some Christians are wacko and a little loose...but you blame all Christians because of them??

Sorry this belongs in the religious section...but it is kind of a rant

edit on 10-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Are you trying to say i hate my grandparents lol.

You do know its not true that atheists have to hate christians bexause of their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

i am an atheist and the only problem with religion is all the bloodshed it causes its like communism its a great idea but humans always manage to screw it up
( i know that sounds bad mentioning communism there but i am in no way trying to insult anyone sorry if i offended anyone )

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Are you trying to say i hate my grandparents lol.

You do know its not true that atheists have to hate christians bexause of their beliefs.

If that is true then why do i see all these attacks towards Christians on Y/A or on here?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

ahahahahahahah

Brilliant premise going on in this thread, nice work OP

(hopefully some can detect sarcasm, I'm serious)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Christians are humans, so is alex jones, let it be homes....for gods sake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Great message thanks!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Just because you've seen a few angry atheists doesn't mean they all act that way...just like all Christians are not the same.

And again, logic fails when you use broad generalizations. Nice try though

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
I hate it when atheists are very aggressive toward the simple Christians...not the hardcore ones who believe in the rapture and etc... But take Ron Paul as an example, i believe he is Christian or catholic (please correct me if im wrong) and he wants to change America for the good and end the FED.. not once did he say "believe in god or you will suffer!" and look at Alex Jones, bright man and he is a real Christian (some call him a Zionist Jew, which is BS)

I am proud to be a Christian and standing for liberty to fight the evil men in power..and not once did i try to convert people to Christianity... you might criticize my grammar, but that is because i started learning English about 5 years ago and i am still taking classes... i write better than i speak.

OK yes i do acknowledge that some Christians are wacko and a little loose...but you blame all Christians because of them??

Sorry this belongs in the religious section...but it is kind of a rant

edit on 10-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

Hasty generalization...you should know better

You need to not assume things about people because others have felt that way before

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
People who don't believe in god or haven't decided, don't like it when religious ideas are forced down their throats, i can tell you this because it's where i stand adn to tell you the truth, i have never tried to force someone to share my views, in fact i let them make that decision on their own, whatever it may be.

Religion also does not define a person as a whole... there is nothing wrong with a non-believer looking upto a "believer" in this case as a presidential candidate and vice-versa.

I don't see how this relates to Ron Paul or AJ as a "but but but you can't do that" scenario. Ron is not outspoken about god and jesus as if he is preaching for a church. As far as i can tell he is keeping his beliefs to himself, if he is indeed a religious person. The same goes for Alex Jones, they may hint at phrases such as "god bless" once in a while.... but who cares? It's not something that should change a vote because they are religious, in a sense that it is some kind of 'taboo' to an aetheist...

You do not need to tell everyone you are religious/aethiest to get their vote or to be listened to.

I tend to think religious beliefs should be kept to oneself. By that, i mean there is no need to tell everyone about it unless asked, and if you wish to tell them then do so.

Just because Ron Paul or Alex Jones might be religious men, doesn't change their outlook or their policies in the slightest. Let aloen the views of their audience.

It's not like Einstein's theory of relativity would become invalid to an aetheist for the simple reason that he was of Jewish descent...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I'm pretty sure that the atheists on Y/A would disagree with you because their logic also fails MAJORLY.
Yeah you got me on this but i am also not saying that ALL atheists are aggressive... i am just saying the ones who are just appear to have incoherent arguments...I remember seeing a post which was deleted it stated "Hitler should have eradicated all Christians"

Fact is that more Russians and Asian people died than the jews did in 4 years.... it took Hitler about 10 years to kill 6 million jews

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
Atheists hate Christians?

No.

I'm sure some do, but to say "Atheists hate Christians" would be a false generalization.

e.g.: "Christians are pedophile?"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I hate it when atheists are very aggressive toward the simple Christians

That's pretty ironic to me, considering. Any Alex Jones isn't Jewish, but he is a zionist and makes no bones about this, you can go find ample videos of him expressing this.

Anyways, i really hate it when people generalize an entire group of people while themselves complaining about being generalized.

Stop, think, reflect, THEN post.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with Christianity or atheism. And I happen to be both an atheist and a Christian. I hope I just blew your minds.

The philosophy of Christianity doesn't really refute atheism in any way unless you worship the book instead of reading it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

as an atheist , i have no views on ron paul, but alex jones is a dingbat regardless of religion

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As an atheist I do not hate Christians. Quite the opposite, I envy them.

I would love to believe that there was an all powerful being looking after me. Someone that heard my prayers. That I could spend ever lasting life with in the beautiful kingdom of heaven.
And to share these feelings with millions of other people must be truly wonderful.

The problem is that I just don't buy it.

I'm from the UK where Atheists are the norm. (I only know 1 religious person under the age of 40) We don't feel threatened. We don't need to fight our corner because we've already won.
From what I understand about the USA that is not the case there. Atheist more often seem to be at the receiving end of the hate.

And anyway why should Christians even worry about people hating them? If I had an all powerful superman on my side I'm sure I'd feel quite secure as I turned the other cheek.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They don't hate christian. Like you said, the hardcore ones that give you a bad name, those are the ones the atheists hate. Personaly, I don't like any religions. They're made to devide and cause friction. They are made to easily control and manage people. I know it sounds like a conspiracy but the truth of the matter is that's how society works. I have nothing against being spiritual, just leave religion out of it. Think for yourself, the world will be better for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Quite the contrary. I have found atheists to be much more tolerant of others beliefs than christians are by a longshot.

But we are on a forum that is geared toward debate and opinion on a given topic. And you're going to find that both christians and atheists alike are much more outspoken because that is part and parcel of an online forum.

Remember too, that fundamentalist christians feel they are required to share their faith and proselytize. So they will catch a lot more flack than those who don't.

As to Ron and Alex. Ron seems to understand that running the country requires him to make decisions based on our constitution rather than on his faith.

Alex is whoever he portends to be today. Tomorrow he might be somebody else. At least IMHO.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnivoxSuperfuzz
There's nothing wrong with Christianity or atheism. And I happen to be both an atheist and a Christian. I hope I just blew your minds.

The philosophy of Christianity doesn't really refute atheism in any way unless you worship the book instead of reading it.

You do know that aetheism is not a religion in itself or a practice. Right? It's a term used to categorize anyone who does not believe in a god or diety.

How can you be a christian if you don't believe in god? Because you can't be a christian if you don't believe in god... yeh that blew my mind

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Those guys are both giant liars who will say anything to flog their products. Ron Paul is running as a Rep. he's already sold out. He realizes his chances are growing slim so he'll just say anything for a piece of the whitehouse.

Alex Jones' whole life is just schtick. Oh I'm just a simple Amuricaan like you and I love Amuricaa but people are ruining Amurica.

How are you people not totally insulted by these pandering uncle toms?

new topics

top topics

join