It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has my phone been hacked? Tech buffs please weigh in.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

you mean call up "sprint"? The provider I said I had in the original post?

hahahaha.

thanks for the advice though homie,
...some people just love to be antagonistic for no reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Sorry but you said so yourself your affiliation is enough to get you on a list and if you spoke with a member who has questionalble ties well your under watch.

Probably not to the extent which you think.

The FBI is not following you around.

Now if your talking to Lahore pakistan and your making odd statmenets and talking about you know what stuff I'm talking about.

Well then expect your phone to be tracking you and monitoring you conversations. All of them phone on or off.

Your phone can be remotely turned on at anytime if it needs to be.

Doubt this is the case with you.

Like I said they would not bother you unless you gave them a reason too.

So many flags will get you tracked.

If they are really watching you let them they will find nothing and move along.

So no need to wrooy unless you have siom ething to be worried about...
Catch what I am saying.

And people stop acting like my comments are crazy.
these are facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

thanks for your honesty and attention.

Yes these are facts.

Thanks to everyone else. Though, admittedly no one has said "your GPS is turning on by itself bc _a__"
or "your cookies are based in Indonesia because ____b__"

so...Ill just have to take the ...info(?) and draw my own conclusions..as usual.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I see female in your name but sometimes people use this as a ploy to make people think your a female.

I see people with avatars that are girls/woment but really they are male.

Sorry if your talking about me.

Watch what you say over the phone.

I was in Japan after 911 and there was a quake and I had called my father in the us to tell him I was ok. And said something to the affect.
That ya there was a reactor in the next town over which was a heavey water reactor.

Those in the know know what that means but anyway/ After that conversation my comms were monitored when I talked to the US from Japan for at least a year.

How do I know.

I just do. Do not want to go into specifics. Lets just say I know.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You want to fix it this is how you do it.

Where did you buy this phone. Go to a droid rep verizon or what not go there and show them excately what the problem is they will fix it in like 2 seconds.

It sounds like the config is messed up.

Question is why and by whom.

Good like.

Stop talking smack on the phone ok. then you wont have this problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My droid was great when I first got it. Weird buggy issues like the OP eventually showed up. Main issue was the apps that ran in the background and apps that would not uninstall. Rooted it and then was able to strip out the carriers preinstalled apps. Phone runs smooth now.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by Rocky Black

thanks for your honesty and attention.

Yes these are facts.

Thanks to everyone else. Though, admittedly no one has said "your GPS is turning on by itself bc _a__"
or "your cookies are based in Indonesia because ____b__"

so...Ill just have to take the ...info(?) and draw my own conclusions..as usual.

What AzureSky said right here is the right way to go.

I don't have a smartphone, but if I had one, I'd do exactly what he was doing. The reason I don't have a smartphone is because I don't want my phone to be "smart". Wink wink.

A horrible dossier of smartphone surveillance abuse has accumulated over the years. Here's just one example.

As for cookies based in Indonesia: cookies aren't based anywhere: cookies are used by browsers to make certain things persistent across a stateless protocol such as HTTP. Translated, this means enabling things such as "logging in", on a site such as this one. A cookie is nothing more than a little text file with one or more numbers or strings, which are presented to the web server every time you make a request, so that the web server knows, through your cookie, that you are you and you are logged in. Sometimes cookies are used by advertisers to track you across sites. They have more ways to do that than just cookies though. Also be aware of the "flash cookie" phenomenon, which exist outside of, and are impervious to, normal cookie housekeeping. Adobe Flash, too, is a technology designed to screw you over. I'm not kidding. It has its roots in copy protection, and as far as I'm concerned, is only here because it's a DRM enforcement technology. Hence RTMP. (And notice how ATS uses Flash as a reverse Turing test in their image upload menu, but I digress)

How and why this cookie supposedly gets you Indonesia, I don't know. Clean up your cookies and the problem should be gone. If the same thing happens again, I doubt it's because of cookie settings. If you don't trust your phone then have it checked. Better yet, root it and install your own OS, like AzureSky. That's the way it's done. But remember, smartphones are little government spy gadgets, normal phones were and are worse enough as it is.

edit on 10-1-2012 by snowcrash911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As for GPS: in and of itself there's nothing wrong with GPS.

The problem is that the little personal data hungry demons who develop smartphones and smartphone apps like to collect GPS data so they can track your movements for whatever reason. Some of that may be for commercial ends, but the potential for abuse is self-evident.

Don't just try turn it off. Root your phone. Android is an OS developed by a privacy obliterating corporate moloch and is therefore not to be trusted. Call me jaded, that's my informed opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join