It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another School Shooting...Gov't Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I see your point, but where you come from is not here.
I have weapons. My neighbor has them, too. As a matter of fact, all my neighbors do.
At the place where I work, the only ones that do not have wepons in the vehicles in the parking lot are the security guards, ironically.
My friends are all crack shots. Come to think of it, so are the people with which I do not get along.
In our highschool we have a Junior ROTC program that has a competion marksmanship team. These kids will place bullseyes in bullseyes all day long. By the way, they are all well-adjusted kids and are all on the A and B honor roll.
The other day my wife and I went to the sherriff's office to renew our pistol permits (not because it is the constitutional thing to do, it's not, but the money goes to the sherriff's fund for whatever his department needs) and the phone rang. It was somebody who'd moved here from another state. They asked where to go to register their weapons. The deputy's response was, "Register your weapons? This isn't a communist state, we do not register weapons here in this state!"

No other citizen in any other nation should ever want this nation to not have the citizen armed. We stand between you and the most highly advanced military ever known. Likewise, no rational American citizen should ever want to lose the 2nd Amendment as the armed citizen is the only thing that stands between tyranny and freedom.

So what if the military is the best trained and equiped? Remember two things about that when you think we are no match for the military:
The military in this nation is a citizen soldier. They are all volunteers, and they all live in this nation, and so do their familiy and friends. Most have no intention of making the military a career. While the army may be a standing one, the individual soldier is not.
Another thing is the fact that we outnumber the military in such a manner that it is not even funny. We live among the soldiers, we are around the bases, even working on the bases. What is the possible tyrant to do, unleash the military on itself, its own family and friends and neighborhoods? That is why Abe Lincoln said the best thing we could hope for is an armed society. Do you think that it would do good for the tyrant if he demoralized the military in such a manner, and at the same time killed off millions of the nation's workers? Seriously.
Another thing to remember is a large chunk of the civilian population is prior service. It isn't as if all are just bumpkins with squirrel rifles.

If you are really that worried about the American population and if you are really worried about the safety of people over here, demand that the automobile be taken away from us. Heck, demand that just about any recreation be taken away from us, those things all have a higher associated death rate than the firearm.

You are falling into the Mickael Learn trap. He is Hillary's guru, by the way. He instigated the big "Saturday Night Special" crap back in the '70's. Remember it? I do. Every night Crfonkite pushed that crap. It didn't catch on because the average Amercian knew better than that. His latest big push was the "assualt weapon" crap. No such animal. Any weapon with which I use to "assault" with would be one. But the shadowed figure of the weapon seemed to get the public's attention long enough for some bills to be passed through under last decade's democratic government. Did it help crime? Of course not. Neither of my "assault weapons" hurt anyone before, and haven't since. What weapoins are the favorites of the gang-bangers? Not the AK-47 or the Mini-14, and certainly not the weapons of choice of the burglar or the robber. Get real. The aim (pardon the pun) was not to disarm the criminal, but the citizen. Pay attention, there is only one test, and it will be the Final!

The crap you see on CNN and ABS is propaganda, trying to make an issue out of a non-issue. The idea is to disarm the American people. We stand between your happiness and your worst fears, yet you sit on the side of the potential enemy. You blow my mind.

Abstract, reread the above. Knock off the ethnic thing. It has nothing to do with that. Quit letting them pull their devisive tactics, we all swim or sink together. "They" have kept us at odds for sevferal decades now, and it is to their advantage, not ours.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
TC, thanks for putting your point across clearly. To be honest I`m still stunned by how many people ove here have guns (according to UP). Both you and UP have a good point and it does make me re-consider my position on guns.

One thing is clear to me, something must be done about the way these school shootings keep happening, its sickening to be honest.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
1) To be honest I`m still stunned by how many people ove here have guns (according to UP).

2) Both you and UP have a good point and it does make me re-consider my position on guns.

1) I gave you the last statistics for my country. Between 2001/2003, more than +/- 1.5 million rifles and hunting guns have been solded to belgians peoples.

It means that almost 1/3 of the belgians familly have a gun or a hunting rifle. But it's NOT enough ! I'll be more quite with a 50% rate ( I've a preference for 100%
). Also, in Belgium, peoples have often just one gun or rifle, and not 2 or more.Like our population is more than 10 million, I bet that the gov is lying. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that my fellows citizens are well armed.

2)

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you watch CSI Miami, but I thought it was a weird coincidence that it dealt with school shootings last night.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
11000 victims per year of the "right to bear arms" arent enough ?? That's much more than Saddam's regime killed per year!!

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

11000 victims per year of the "right to bear arms" arent enough ?? That's much more than Saddam's regime killed per year!!

And how many with cigarettes/cars/motorcycles/trucks/helicopters/airliners/drugs/trains/boats/parachute/sports events/and so on....

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

for real?!?!?!

Abstract, reread the above. Knock off the ethnic thing. It has nothing to do with that. Quit letting them pull their devisive tactics, we all swim or sink together. "They" have kept us at odds for sevferal decades now, and it is to their advantage, not ours.

i feel you TC but it's still true though. My monter used to teach in public schools in Detroit and kids were getting popped left and right. Thses kid feel so isolated and angry that they feel that they have nothing to live for. They get real edgy and explosive and any little thing sets them off. Next thing you know, BOOM and inncoent bystander gets caught in the crossfire.

I do think that things are getting a little better though

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I do think that things are getting a little better though

I sure don't!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join