It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Priest who changed the history

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I will answer your question as a science fiction fan.
Science fiction teaches us that a change in the timeline/history never has a good outcome.Even a minor change can have catastrophic consequences for the future.
Example:
A sound of thunder by Ray Bradbury
City on the edge of forever by Harlan Ellison(Star trek TOS episode)

So my answer is that even if i knew who that boy was i would save him.Knowing that tampering with the time line is never a good thing.

BTW there is a Twilght zone episode called Cradle of darkness that is about a time traveler going back, in the time when Hitler was a baby to kill him.

I won't spoil it for you,but it has a very interesting ending

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yes, I can.

You can say really anything about anyone. The act of intervening has no knowledgeable consequences. It can only help. Thus, Intervene!

For all you know, that act is what saved the Catholics from just as much death camp city as the Jews.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I do not twist, we did have concentration camps in the US.
I did say however, IMAGINE.
We have not gotten the full story on history, hell we don't even get the full story on things that happen today.
Seems reasonable to me.
Only difference is I am not hurt when I find out something I was taught to trust had lied to me.
Prety straight forward as I see it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

But how can you tell it was a lie?

Were there preparations to exterminate the Japanese from America? I don't think so, though perhaps such talks did take place.

Were there talks to take the Jews out of Germany without killing them? Yes, there were. In fact a lot of attempts.

But don't go and say that America would gas Asians like the Germans did, when they were doing it while the war was perfectly in their favor. Don't say one thing where history doesn't give it proof.

Both sides built camps. Only one side tried to murder the people in them. And that was Germany.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The act of intervening has no knowledgeable consequences.
Justice can be of many types....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

We did have concentration camps, and I believe the nazi gas chambers were thoroughly debunked, but some say different (I'll leave that one a draw for sake of saving the argument) but mass murders are something nobody finds out about unless you lose.
We did have concntration camps though and that is well documented fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Only one side tried to murder the people in them
And Russia.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yes and that side was the losing side, do you deny that the victors write the history books?
Simple question, answer would be appreciated though.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes, but since modernity, when secular unbiased history and accounting reemerged into the world, it has been generally understood what is going on. We even know the US government did radiological tests are women and children without their knowledge. THAT's a crime.

But it is undeniable that the Nazi Party of Germany forcibly tried to murder Jews during the war after they failed to peacefully remove them. And it is undeniable that the only reason they sped up these murder rates was because they were afraid of being caught doing it when they knew they would lose.

There is an inherent contradiction to saying that disease caused the problems, or that they burned the diseased to save the rest....Why were they in the camps to begin with to be so "cared" for in such a way. Irregardless. They put them there. They killed them.

And if you are trying to twist it into saying that the allies somehow smeared the Germans, then explain why the US wanted a peaceful German ally out of the war, and was more than happy to attain all their scientists and brain power and parade them around in America like the greatest men in history. Many whom which were known profiteers to Jewish slaves.

Contradictions point out what is true, and what is false. The victors write history, but they haven't been able to lie really towards any effective ends since modernity began.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Nah, Russia just shot you for the most part.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Hitler lost the war.
If he would have won, the allies would have been the bad guys in the history books.
If Germany won.....
Imagine the horror of the German and Japanese soldiers when they found the death camps in the US holding US civilians of asian descent.
Malnourished dead and dying as war had taken its toll on food supply routes.
Just maybe Hitler was not the bad guy, I really cannot say, nor can anyone else alive.

You can't have good guys without having bad guys...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

WHOA, there cowboy!!!
I asked for an answer and you gave it, YES.
From there all of the other words that you put behind it kind of make it a moot point.
If the axis had won, they would have also shown the world killer bomb that the vil Americans were making and migh have released one on the world, oh wait we did, they didn't have to break that story.
I asked for an answer and it was yes, history is written by the victors.
I am not attacking you or yours, I am simply pointing out a fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

You should dig a little in history books,you have no idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Not really.

Had Germany conquered America they would have probably done what they did in every other country they conquered: Scapegoat some small population and glorify the rest. Blacks probably would have suffered, Jews would have been killed, and Mexicans probably routed out.

God knows what would happen to the Japanese as Hitler probably hated them too but was officially allied to them.

But for most people, life would not be all that different. Controlling a hundred million people would not be physically possible for the German Army, and they probably would let America remain mostly independent. From that, revolution would inevitably breed and Hitler would give up in about 4-8 years, brokering a peace deal and giving up.

That's what would in all likelihood happen. There was no smear campaign against the Nazis in victory. We took their scientists, allied them, and promoted their general well-fair and freedom.

Where you have this idea that the Germans would smear campaign the allies is beyond me. Hitler just wanted control. He didn't give a damn who he knocked out of power to get it. They simply... disappeared and were never spoken of after.

Just about the only people smeared against where communists and Jews. That's about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by Gorman91

You should dig a little in history books,you have no idea.
Those to be written in the future.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Perhaps so. But I do have a general idea. Russia killed the most people in WW2. I doubt they had many camps, as they were more busy killing than storing.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank you for the video Phantom traveller,maybe they knew something when the film was made.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Perhaps so
Well,maybe wright now they are digging to find out some truth, right here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No offense, but truth statistically gets discovered 10-20 years after it's happened, and if I'm remembering correctly, there is a clause in some bureaucratic law that says you have to declassify things after 50 years(hence why all the UFO stuff is coming out now)

Simply put. Truth doesn't come out this long after an event like WW2.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Like I said before, put all of the big words you want into a post.
But after you understand that victors write the history all else is speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join