It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My portfolio website redesign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey people, so I have just been working on a totally new design for my site, one that I also intend on doing a bit of SEO for. My old site was one page and people left within seconds of opening it up lol. Anyway I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback and thoughts

I have a couple of things to find out too, for instance on my computer the font is Helvetica(san serif) like in the pic below which is what I intended. However when I went to the site on my laptop the font was Times New Roman which did not look to great so do you see as it is in the picture or as a serif? Also I use a Tv for a monitor which is not very well calibrated so I am wondering what people think of the colour brightness of the orange?

www.architekogp.com

I am not very experience with web design so the code is still getting refined as I learn.

edit on 3-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by OwenGP185 because: Forgot the link

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I'm not really an arty type, I only like MC Escher and Dali which is probably a good indication of my exposure to the subject. Limited, very limited.
I know absolutely nothing about webpages, graphic design or anything in between but I can say the site looks great, has a consistent look and feel while still looking modern and making nice use of roll-over type clicky things.

It says you are studying for a degree. I think if you keep up like this, the degree will soon be in the bag.

I will admit that orange is not my most favourite colour but it does seem to "work" on your site. And the text is legible which so many people seem to forget about due to bad colour choices. Hardly an expert opinion but there you have it. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I think the orange is fine. It's not to bright and it compliments the font colors you've used.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks, yeah orange is usually one of the last colours I would choose, fortunatly most websites I see dont use orange either so I went for a different approach. Thanks.

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I think the orange is fine. It's not to bright and it compliments the font colors you've used.

Thanks for the feedback, did the text show up like in the picture if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No the font is actually different. It looks better on the website than what the image shows. I'm guessing it could be Helvetica but not sure.

Maybe perhaps bolden the font a little?
edit on 3-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

No the font is actually different. It looks better on the website than what the image shows. I'm guessing it could be Helvetica but not sure.

Maybe perhaps bolden the font a little?
edit on 3-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Ok thanks, I will look into it. It seems to vary alot depending on the system which is odd.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes, the text looked as it does in your image. No idea what font but I guess cross-platform and/or multiple web-browsers might have an effect. I'm on Linux and using Firefox if that helps any.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Good Info, I wonder how you spent a lot of time on sharing useful information with others. Really appreciate that. Thanks a lot for this it has helped me a great deal keep it up .

edit on 1/17/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: removed gratuitous link

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I enjoyed your site, nice and clean, not to much bling but just enough to get your point across.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I like your work a lot from running down the preview, nice jquery interactions. I think the site however is a bit overcolor with dark (2003), kill the google search. Disqus isn't appropriate for a portfolio as your work is a statement not a question.

My top 7 ideas..

1. whitespace
2. whites and greys (not aliens, elements)
3. rounded elements with css3
4. fluid collapsible spaces for all screen sizes
5. left side navigation top navigation in-page navigation...2 much navigation
6. tweetfeeds that are 96 days old are not relevant
7. social sharing, thats a generic plugin an you should be more selective in the signalization and message then that plugin brings out

All that said I am bookmarking you for modern urban designs I may need to outsource for in the future, I really did like your portfolio of works.

-Jerod

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It looks good but you need to make some fixes in the code. Right now I'm viewing it on Firefox and the sidebar on the left is clipping with your litebox grid. It's probably a div issue, but I'd have to see the code to really pin point it. Besides this, if the browser window isn't large enough, which it won't be on any 1024x768 monitor, the hovering titles of your litebox images clip. I suggest making the ones on the left of the grid display the title towards the right, rather than the left, or reworking the display entirely.

Just make sure that the total width of the container is 960, then work around that. Right now it's just the sidebar that's really causing you problems. The Twitter feed is moving behind the images, the text is getting cut off, and so on.

Also, Garden of the Gods link is broken, as you can see here:
www.architekogp.com...

Aside from this, I think it's a great site. I really dig your work, too.

new topics

top topics

join