It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Babylon : Mystery Babylon Demystified

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is an excellent thread, some criticisms I have of the original post(s) are covered well by others.

One thing I may add is that approaching the question of "kingship" or LUGAL from a Christian perspective is a fundamentally flawed thing to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Muzzleflash, my congratulations on an astonishing thread. I sat and read it through last night, and after settling down in my mind there’s just so many things that connect and prove themselves to be Truth. There’s so much I want to add, yet our friends have added to this thread in a truly inspirational way, it’s almost like everything has been said … your “thesis” really does stand. A few things I hope will add to this thread, my opinion only, but strange how some here are coming to exactly the same conclusions?

Firstly, the title. ProtoplasmicTraveler should be honoured that we remember his work with great respect, walking the Rome road leads one out of the 21st madness, and back to the core of our “civilisation”. Well, to the outer appearances of our civilisation, particularly the control grid. But Rome has a secret, and hiding behind the outer appearances lies the secret of sun worship. The REASONS for obelisks, dagon hats and much else besides. This thread looks behind those appearances, and digs deeper into our history, and shows the “occult” history of the world, which dovetails with the “traditional” history at one major junction, that of Nimrod. These 2 threads, Rome and Babylon, while both being astounding in their own right, have to be understood together, to make sense of the lies we are taught from young, both political and spiritual.

Secondly, the lies. The biggest problem I’ve had with my personal research is the VAST number of lies one has to wade through. Manufactured truths which are designed to suggest anything but the Truth. An excellent example would be the “eminence” of certain people who are spiritually “above” us, to whom we should report to, and obey. Here are the lies which keep repeating themselves thematically throughout history:

1. You shall be like God
2. You won’t die
3. God is fiction
4. Satan (and any “followers”) is fiction

It’s curious that where Babylonian and Semitic texts converge, at the time of the tower, which is after the flood, God was accepted as a fact of life, and Nimrod opposed that God. So the original lie “you will be like God” morphed over time to there is no God. Likewise for the fact that it was “satan, that old devil” who made the original lie, yet later is deemed to not exist. The Babylonian myths state that Nimrod got the tower right, and INTENTIONALLY introduced the babble, only to be unfairly punished after. The Semitic texts say that he failed, and that the punishment was the babble.

Thirdly, the validity of the bible. I was raised Christian, although having gone my own path since. I have a great many reasons for rejecting the texts, but when I get here, I find I cannot. The events as portrayed in the bible around the time of the flood and the tower are clearly the same as the Babylonian texts, but obviously differing in that they “supported” God, whereas the “Babylonians” were opposed. That opposition remains to this day. The 2 truths, the biblical truth and “everyone else”, all trace back to Nimrod and the babble. And the OPPOSITION of MAN to GOD.

Fourth, the relevance. We know the threat against us from those who wish ultimate control over earth, NOW, one world government etc, all aim at bringing the world’s people back under a single figure, doing what he orders. It is exactly what the babble ended. The Mystery Babylon has been about re-creating that time. That is what we’re being dragged towards, uniting the world, and turning the world against God. Now if you accept that we are under a constant pressure, one which corrupts youth, ruins men and families, abuses women, ruins our environment, and is intent on disempowering us in every way. All this takes us away from the most simple facts that we can establish: we are men, created by God, in Eden, and a certain “being” has sabotaged the plan. The bible speaks of demons, and evil spirits. While we know that modern society scorns these ideas, but there is ample evidence that the occult rulers use occultic methods to obtain occultic powers from occult beings … who strongly resemble the bible’s descriptions of “demons”. So a greater part of the Mystery Babylon is it’s connection to a separate realm, which is a source of personal power for certain people. Mystery Babylon is the continuation of man’s rage against God, which has clearly reached a crucial point in history.

Fifth, the revealing. In the end days “knowledge shall be increased”. We are truly unique in history being able to examine these things in context like this. The Truth will out, eventually. Forgive me please if I am wrong, but I’m shaken by 2 basic parts of this thread: the insight which is brought to the open for the first time, simultaneously by several posters, and the accuracy of the biblical accounts and consequently many other things, which until now haven’t really made sense. The comment about the feast of trumpets shook me, the timing, the 1335 days (I think) and how we are now in that unique place. I couldn’t but help feel that yes, it’s started, the end times are here, and a key has been turned, unlocking something we never expected, but revealing itself in the minds of men … Truth, loud and clear. This is the state of it, this is the choice. No more confusion, no more uncertainty.

I should stop now, going to re-read the thread to come back to a few questions I had, a few other links I want to examine. Muzzleflash thank you again. I can only recommend you look just that little bit deeper, to the Adam to flood time. The Cain story is important, as is the Cainite vs Sethite story. Genetics comes into play here, and it has to be stressed that all humans came from Noah and his wife. Noah was a pureblood Sethite, whereas his wife wasn’t, and how the wife led to the cursing of Ham and Canaan. Off topic to this thread perhaps, but it helped me understand the context of this thread a lot better.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
666thenumberofthebeast

Then i found the above link, Muzzleflash you have to read it.

Pagan amulet image with square of 666.

This webpage echoes what others have said here, and suddenly it all seems glaringly obvious (?)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Great thread! A couple of things I would add is the fact that artifacts such as the crystal skulls (some say are around 100,000 years old) and a piece of machined aluminum said to be maybe 200,000 years old found in the area of Romania show that we actually know very little about the ancients. But one things rings true is the fact that religion = power and those who hold the power will sometimes do anything to ensure that they keep that power including twisting of facts and the creation of myths goes on. The more time goes on the more archeologists are able to either verify or dismiss tales from the past. I suspect however most of these stories will never be fully understood.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

I agree about this connection, but I disagree with your conclusion. It brings me to my main criticism of this thread:

I find it improbable that the Sumerians could have circled the world in even the highest hey-day. I instead propose that the ancient civilization root for this symbolism be an ancient, global, antediluvian system, which survived the Flood and ended up founding the NEW world civilization in Sumeria.

Just good ol' radical me,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Thank you for the interesting thoughts and link, I'll look into what you have suggested.

I need to go over the last 8 or so pages of this thread more in depth when I have time and respond to many posts. I am not overlooking anyone I just get burnt out on things after thinking about them constantly for a few weeks and needed to let things settle a bit in my mind.

I have been working on so many varied projects and have been reading all kinds of stuff, so I admit I am overwhelmed. I will review things again and respond to various posts, but I also have a lot more information to post in this thread about a lot of other interesting things I have dug up over the last week or two.

Also I am currently working on 4 or 5 thread topics that I am considering combining with this and the Elizabeth II thread into a type of series or compilation of the sorts.

1) Exposing the vast conglomeration of "private equity and capital investment firms", and how they control business in conjunction with the banking system's control of finance.
2) The United Nations and it's agencies.
3) Genealogy of the nobility or 'elites', through various 'Orders'.
4) 'Think tanks' and 'Foundations', and how they attempt to influence information flow and policy.
5) A deeper investigation into 'Occult Societies', discussing things that rarely ever get spoken on ATS, etc.

There is so much information out there that reveals what is really going on and can be verified through many sources, and hardly ever gets really explained or revealed on ATS, and so I would like to help bring some of the more obscure facets of these topics to the forefront.

I will need time for those future topics however. In the meantime I will re-read this thread and address any important aspects of this discussion I have missed, etc. I have also got a lot more of the links, book suggestions, film clips, etc to review that have been posted here in this thread as well, although I have been looking at it for weeks already. So it could take a few weeks to get through all of the information our friends here at ATS have provided to add to this discussion. There are so many avenues to explore you could get lost in the labyrinth for quite awhile.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JB1234
reply to post by MagnumOpus

As I posted earlier in the thread Babylon the Great in the book of Revelation HAS to be referring to the world empire of false religion going back to ancient Sumerian roots, which have spread across the globe.

I think it's fascinating that the Mystery of Babylon is a fundamental teaching of the occult. And surely it can be no coincidence that the book of Revelation refers to "a mystery" being the womans name-

Revelation 17:3-5 . . . And I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication. 5 And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.. . .

Gobekli Tepe

One ancient site, which I don't think has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread is Göbekli Tepe. What a fascinating place! Now officially the world's oldest temple, situated in South Eastern Turkey, and fairly close to where the Biblical Noah's Ark is supposed to have come to rest. The amount of stone art work involving many different sort of animals depicted on the giant T shaped stones have led some to connect this site with the Noah's Ark account.

The stones have been carbon dated to 12,000 years ago, which means that standard historical hunter gatherer stone age accounts are now being completely re-written. It's quite funny listening to traditional thinking scientists attempting to fit this huge Out of Place ancient site into their traditional thinking on stone age, neolithic man!

However the size of the T shaped stones which weigh up to 15 tonnes makes me wonder whether this is not a case of the ancient's being able to grind stone & then reassemble it as molded cement. This therefore could make the stones that old but their assembly much later. Also C14 dating IF there was indeed a global flood may be flawed. The carved decorations on the stone are equisite, yet no stone-working tools have been found anywhere on the site, which makes a mockery if this was hunter-gatherers trialing settling down somewhere for the first time. How on earth did ancient people's supposedly in 10,000 BCE carve out such huge stones and the ensuing artwork? Yet again the traditionalist explanations are illogical and simply make NO sense.

I just wondered whether these T shaped stones might also have been inspired by the worship of TAMMUZ who is one of the main characters who are part of the mystery of Babylon mentioned in the OP. Tammuz being the son of the first empire builder Nimrod after the flood, became an inspiration of worship across the globe. This T worship would pre-date the worship of the later adapted Cross as discussed elsewhere in this thread.

Also the style of the animal carvings in this ancient monument also remind me very much of the creatures depicted on South American artifacts eg Father Crespi's collection as well as from elsewhere across the globe.
edit on 9-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

omg, all roads lead to Göbekli Tepe???

i hadn't seen or heard about this site yet. this is amazing!!!! way way before babylon!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hey muzzle, forgot to leave my feedback! Really well prepared thread, I enjoyed watching that video too (the one made on youtube). Simple but effective, packed with info. The 'Ishtar Egg' bit made me lol.

Your thread is much better than all the attempts I've seen so far to link religious characters and ideas back to prior ones. But what about da reptiliunz?

I've always found that idea fascinating - that people could be praying and complimenting figures that were actually substituted into the places of malign ones. Also curious are the similarities inherent in the architecture, mythology, etc. of ancient civilisations that were so far apart from each other and had no known contact with one another. I've been thinking of doing a massive speculative Atlantis thread based on that..

Anyway, keep up the good work pal!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
reply to post by JB1234

I agree about this connection, but I disagree with your conclusion. It brings me to my main criticism of this thread:

I find it improbable that the Sumerians could have circled the world in even the highest hey-day. I instead propose that the ancient civilization root for this symbolism be an ancient, global, antediluvian system, which survived the Flood and ended up founding the NEW world civilization in Sumeria.

Just good ol' radical me,
Seraph

I don't think the Sumerian's necessarly cricled the world I just think that civilisation spread out across the globe from the Sumerian area. Which is entirely in keeping with a Biblical explanation of a post flood, post Babel dilution of peoples across the globe.

And yes i agree that there was an antediluvian system which was highly sophisticated and had access to advanced technology.

I just keep thinking of Jesus words about "just as the days of Noah were, so the days of the son of man would be"........ the earth was "ruined in the site of God" because of the violence everywhere. Remind anyone of today's news stories? Apart from Noah these people BEFORE the flood were Anti Jehovah, they had en masse turned their back on their Creator and instead chose to follow the angels that walked amongst them and their offspring.

This system of false worship re-introduced by Nimrod AFTER the flood in the land of Shinar or ancient Sumeria is STILL with mankind today - right across the globe.

So interesting that Muzzleflash is uncovering more and more evidence of just how much these occult forces are controlling matters secretly behind the scenes - by way of an illuminati class who control by allsorts of mechanisms the modern day world.

It so proves the Apostle Paul's words - Ephesians 2:2 . ."in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience"

The Bible also calls Satan - "the ruler of this world" - Joh 12:31; 14:30

Remembering that in order to offer Jesus ALL of the kingdoms or governments of the world - Satan MUST have been in control of them somehow - Matthew 4:8-9 . .Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, 9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.. . .

Nimrod was the founder of this new post flood "Illuminati" and Satan showing himself falsely as "an angel of light" 2 Corinthians 11:14...and his demons are fooling mankind that they don't exist whilst secretly manipulating matters behind the scenes on the world stage to be anti God, Also by cleverly twisting mankind's beleif system, to the one that has existed since the time of Nimrod and no doubt before the flood of Noah's day also.

The enmity that was prophesised in Genisis between the forces of good and the forces of evil reaches it's climax in the Book of Revelation. THIS is what makes the opening post so logical because it brings everything into line with what's actually happening in the world and also what is foretold in the Bible to happen in the very near future, even though many dismiss it as a book of fiction.
edit on 22-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

I'm also fascinated to find that not too far from Gobekli Tepe is to be found in and around the Anatolia region - which was associated with the Hittites - descendants of Noah's son Canaan is the site of Derinkuyu, which is an underground city of caves which could have housed up to 30,000 people.

Of couse also this place like Gobekli Tepe could have been pre flood but I think there is a chance Derinkuyu is post flood - also interesting that is is connected to another underground city by an 8km tunnel.

Intereatingly enough tying this all up with the OP - The Canaanite's including the Hittites worshiped the god Baal - & the Phalic Symbol - who as we know was none only than Nimrod, a war like sun god who exacted human sacrifice from his followers. Also associated with Molech

Whilst archeology attempts to say that a more modern Persian or Zoro Astrian empire may have built Derinkyu.

One of the matters skeptics throw at the Biblical Story of Noah is of where exactly he and his descendants lived immediately after the flood if all the vegetation was stripped from the ground by sea water.

Well guess what they might have lived underground in caves etc and Derinkuyu may be some of this proof because there is NO explanation why people would live undeground en masse like this. It has unbeleivably 20 levels complete with wine and grain stores. Only 8 apparently can be viewed by tourists.

Like Gobekli Tepe it is another amazing ancient construction that has many achaeologists just scratching their heads.

I particularly liked one of the comments on the video from a stonemason.

I work with natural stones - granites, marbles etc. For 22 years I have used tools to shape and polish natural stones ....with this experience I am at a loss as to how it would be possible to do these amazing works and others like the pyramids - without power tools. I have modern tools and it would take a hundred master craftsmen hundreds of years to make something like this. Now take into account its pre bronze age?...no way. Also understand many were built before the wheel? Not possible

edit on 22-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Paul also refers to Jesus going to a definitive location within the Universe - Hebrews 9:24 . . ."For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us"

Many thanks also for the links also I will look at them with interest.

That's an interesting choice of words..."which is a copy of reality".

Are you referring to the one true, jealous god that destroyed hundreds of people and liked burnt offerings? I really can't fathom it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Paul also refers to Jesus going to a definitive location within the Universe - Hebrews 9:24 . . ."For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us"

Many thanks also for the links also I will look at them with interest.

That's an interesting choice of words..."which is a copy of reality".

Are you referring to the one true, jealous god that destroyed hundreds of people and liked burnt offerings? I really can't fathom it.

No the "copy of the reality" was the Holy of Holies, which was situated in the Temple in Jerusalem - only the High Priest was allowed to enter. This prefigured like the animal sacrifices Jesus ultimate sacrfice on behalf of mankind - his death and then ultimate presentation to his heavenly father - that his perfect sacrifice had been made. He therefore redeemed mankind from the sin of Adam. A perfect life for a perfect life. Animal sacrfices therefore became meaningless and unnecessary.

Compare that to the practice of burning babies, children and human beings to sacrfice to the God of Baal, which God said was a heinous act and it is hardly surprising that God destroyed such wicked practices.

Many thousands or even millions may have died at the Flood because they refused to listen to Noah, mocked his words and instead followed the wicked influence of the Gods they saw amoung them.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This will probably get lost in all the talk but

Abraham came from the Sumerian (latter Chaldean/Babylon) city of Ur. He travelled to the land of Canaan (modern day Israel) at Gods request.
One would suppose that the people of Ur, Abrahams hometown had a fairly good understanding of the one true God.
Abrahams father Terrah was the 10th descendent of Noah. Abraham was chosen by God to find a new land and start a new covenant. It would seem logical to accept Abraham had a solid relationship with God to have received this request, and that the teachings of God and pre Abrahamic history were well established, at the very least in Ur if not throughout Samaria

Genesis 24-25. Abraham refused to allow his son to marry a pagan from Cannanite stock. Abraham sent his servant back to Ur to find Isaac a wife. The people of Ur still recognised Abraham and his God. They sent Rebecca to Abraham accepting it was ordained by God. Gen 24 and 25

There is no conflict. God was recognised by humanity before Abraham and before the new covenant was established prior to Israel.
Sumerian history remembers and probably received prophecy from God about the future. It just got distorted over time.
Hence why Abraham had to leave his home town and people and start a new people.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Fathom it or not, God is as you described. Thats exactly how the bible portrays him. Exactly how He wanted to be portrayed. God sent Jesus to redeem humanity from sin and pride, if they refuse Jesus then expect a Jealous Destroying God, described as Terrible
Nehemiah 1:5-11
King James Version (KJV)
5And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:

Hebrews 12:28-29
King James Version (KJV)
28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29For our God is a consuming fire.

The God of Christianity is no little fat man you can make garden decorations of.
and
God hasnt destroyed hundreds of people, thats silly. I couldnt even imagine the number of people my God has destroyed
edit on 23-1-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Following on from my posts about Gobekli Tepe and Derinkyu -

Fantastic video.I've come across showing just why more and more archaeologists are coming round to the idea that the very first human roots of civilisation actually are to be found a little further North than Mesopatamia - around Turkey & the Mountain range of Aaraat - the ancient kingdom of Anatolia. Quite fascinating how much evidence there exists of how the generations spread out exactly from the time of Noah.

And again backs up so much of the OP concerning Nimrod - the worship of the ancestors and the Gods etc eminating from the ancient Sumerian cults.

Tracing Your Ancestors Through History

Highly recommended viewing if you have a spare hour.

Incidentally a little snippet of information about Gobekli Tepe is that Scientists have apparently recently found figures of humans with large bird wings on their backs found at the site. How interesting because we see evidence of birdmen ( men with wings) right across the globe in ancient cultures.
edit on 25-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Even in todays corporate symbolism Sun worship is blatantly obvious....I don't buy into the whole "bloodlines of the illuminati" thing but I do believe this mystery religion of sun worship has been transmitted through some sort of priesthood down through the ages. Maybe at one time this religion was only centered in one place but now its spread its influence worldwide and to be a leader in this world one must first pay tribute to The Sun/Nimrod.

Great thread!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Why would your post get lost? Ur was an amazing place.The collection in the British Museum from Ur. is testimony to the Bible's description. It must have been very difficult for Abram and Sarai - later renamed Abraham & Sarah to be loyal to Abram's father and leave this great City of Mesopotamia.

Usually Ur is identified with Muqaiyir, which is W of the present bed of the Euphrates and some 240 km (150 mi) SE of Babylon. Ruins there cover an area that is about 910 by 730 m (3,000 by 2,400 ft). Once a center of worship of the moon-god Nanna (or Sin), the site’s most prominent feature is still a temple tower, or ziggurat

I was particularly drawn to the equisite "Ram in the Thicket" on display at the Museum - in Gold & Blue Lapis lazuli

Uncanny that this should be an artifact of a ram caught in the bush just like in the Bible account of the one that appeared to Abraham just as he was about to sacrifice Isaac before God stopped him. Any connection is of course is dismissed by archaeologists.

Some of the Treasures of Ur.

Evidence of human's being sacrficed and entombed when Royalty passed away. In common with Ancient Egyptian burials.

One of the artifacts is of a model in clay of an Ox's liver that has been partitioned to show each section with Cunieform symbols on each section........... Livers were cut from sacrifices to the Gods and used by the ancient Chaldeans in divination to predict coming events

No wonder Jehovah the God of Abraham asked him to move out of the City of Ur because it was as you said filled with Pagan worship. Pagan beleifs based on worship of the Sun & the Moon, the ancestors, the Gods and obsessed with the afterlife.
edit on 25-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Any truth seekers on the Babylon's teachings read this theme, that is very similar, but with lots more insights:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Here is a summary paper of all the links that can be attached to Catholiscm and Ancient Sumerian sun worshipping religions.

Pagan Sun Worship & Catholicism

How interesting that these themes are again turning up at ancient finds like Gobekli Tepe.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

Your link is empty ..nada.. nope ..peace Sorry I checked it a 3rd time and now it opens ..peace
edit on 10-2-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join