It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Polling Average for Iowa...Romney and Paul are tied for first...Santorum surging.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think this is actually a good thing because Santorum steals votes from Romney, and its impossible to steal votes from Ron Paul; he is like a ratchet, his votes only go one way and don't go back.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Your results are skewed.

The CNN/TIME poll only polled likely GOP voters planning to participate in the Iowa Caucus.

In the latest CNN/ORC Iowa Poll Romney has the lead with 25%, Paul second at 22%, and Santorum third with 16%. However, this is slightly deceiving considering that only registered Republicans were polled. The significance of this is expressed in that during the Iowa caucus anyone can vote, Republican, Democrat, or Independent.

Public Policy Polling released a poll 12/27 polling 74% Republicans, and 26% Democrats/Independets. This is a much more accurate measure considering all three parties will have the option of voting January 3rd. In this poll Paul leads overall with 24% to Romney's 20% and Santorum's 10%.

More importantly the statitics are also illustrated in the PPP poll for who each party supports. Ron Paul comes in first in both parties receiving 46% Independent vote and 24% Democrat vote. In comparison Romney only receives 15% Democrat and 11% Independent vote. Santorum shows his true weakness in Iowa with only 4% Democrat and 9% Indepentent vote. In fact the only bracket where Paul is not in first amoung all candidates is Romney leading Paul amoung Republicans 22-20.

This is highly important to note being that all three parties will be allowed to participate in voting, although it does not fit the narritive CNN wishes to portray. Therefore CNN only polls Republicans to attempt to hurt Paul essentially boosting other candidates to heights they would not have seen had all three parties been considered, as it will be January 3rd. They are not deceiving themselves, rather, trying to deceive you.

Daily Paul - Sources

Ron Paul is hardly declining. In fact his support hasn't fallen, it only grows slower or faster.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

That's fine..you can say they are skewed...I really don't care.

I'm using the best polling data available...I've explained why CNN is polling only registered Republicans at this point...but for some of you it doesn't matter.

What you should take away from these latest polls is that Romney and Paul are in a very close and tight race. And also that Rick Santorum is rising fairly quickly in the polls.

<< 1   >>

join