It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The seven stages of concealed carry (stage 3: Holy Crap Syndrome)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

3. Holy Crap Syndrome:
Sometime during your Intimidator phase, you realize that people aren’t as intimidated as they used to be; in fact, sometimes guys look at you as a good source for their next “piece”. (Maybe they spent a few years in prison practicing disarming techniques with other cons – so to him, you’re fresh meat – he’ll just kick your ass and take your gun.)

-Instructor Dennis
handgun tactics / training: The seven stages of concealed carry

Found this article written by an instructor with over 30 years of concealed carry experience. I like it. It says volumes in a terse efficient way.

Anyway: I was thinking about stage 3: Holy Crap Syndrome, when it occured to me that it is possible that the US foreign policy is in this stage.

Can our weapons be captured and used against us.
Are all of our millitary bases around the world just future prizes in the eyes of other countries.
Is this why the supersonic jets, like the Concorde, were grounded. So they can't be used as weapons.

/and I ponder
David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You're on to something, you know. Ever hear of operation Fast and Furious? Was supposed to be this big thing where we were gonna catch all them Mexican gun smugglers by giving them arms, and tracking the shipments. However, the tracking part failed once they crossed the border, and now, the cartels have lots of firepower, courtesy of the red, white, and blue. There's some bigger game at hand here. Whatever it is, I don't have a clue, but no one could be that stupid.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The airframes were the concord problem. Probably would have been fine for much longer but fuel cost came after.

Yes. All our fancy toys are at risk now. North Korea demonstrated a tech that can down any plane. On one of our planes. Iran took control of a buzzing mosquito and landed it , never to be seen again.

I was taught to mentally catalog every single resource i saw. then be able to recall them in any random order. Make an arrow. What is the shortest or best route to stone,root fiber, pitch,shaft material, and leaves or feathers.

I carry this over into real life. A pile of cedar siding here, some roof shingles there, Antique furniture there, a trailer over there. When people ask, I make contact and broker a deal. When i worked construction the rule for our company was to never order or deliver more than 3 days of supplies because people walked off with them constantly.

But in the very exact same way all of our assets spread paper thin over the globe all have people who want them and i have no doubt they do the same thing, watching and remembering. Now that were hated world wide its no mystery that stuff is at risk. Nothing better our enemies would like than to get our stuff while the gates open. Even better to shame us by taking over a drone or other device.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

This seems like a powerfull statement,
and perhaps it has been since WW2,
but what if now
in the current asymetrical environment
America looks like a gun supermarket
to those eyeing us with hate.

David Grouchy

top topics

join