It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long has there been peace on earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was trying to find a reason why peace and harmony and stuff are logically founded.....I kept coming to the conclusion that since we have never had true peace....or at least one we can remember on any level....how do we know what we want....in other words what makes peace self evident...??

edit on 21-12-2011 by newyorkee because: posted without writing anything

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

never, and we will never see it, not in our lifetime anyway. There is far to much conflict between colour, where we live, creed, intelligence and financial status for it to happen anytime soon. The moment we as a people put any of these differences aside will be a major breaking point for this whole entire question
edit on 21/12/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

never mind, now you have added the actual post this isn't relevant, i thought this was a general question seeing as there was no post, just the title!

edit on 21/12/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I was trying to find a reason why peace and harmony and stuff are logically founded.....I kept coming to the conclusion that since we have never had true peace....or at least one we can remember on any level....how do we know what we want....in other words what makes peace self evident...??

Man may not have often known peace for long, but they have known plenty of war...and that is enough for man in general to know he wants peace, even though its makings keep escaping us.

You always want what you can't have.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For a very long time until the cancer known as humans came along...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

With everyone eating everyone else? Nah...man just hadn't joined in the fun yet...and we brought a whole new game, is all - and came up with all sorts of fun new ways to eat each other. Sometimes even literally.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I was just thinking more so on the no animals or anything phase
Just volcanoes and water going at it while the earliest stages of our evolution were splitting.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

The ideas of world peace and infinite compassion are not (unfortunately) a reality, and more than likely they will never happen.

However we can (and will IMO) reach a form of relative world peace where there will no longer be large scale wars and conflicts. This wont happen in our lifetimes but maybe in our great grand children's lifetimes. It all comes down to technological development and the amount of resources available, until we get to the point where we have an infinitely (or near infinite) clean energy source and technology that is cheap and easy to distribute we will still have large wars. Because both greed and poverty are instigators of conflict.

There are a couple other things as well such as idealism. Some people want war because they are insane, they care not for anything of material value but only for imposing their beliefs upon the populace. Religious extremists, fanatic leftists and rightists...these guys are much more dangerous in the long run. But even these types of forces I believe would start to dwindle and become less popular as technology and resources become more abundant.

So all in all, live life with hope, love your neighbor, and just be good to yourself and the people around you. That my friend is as close to peace as anyone can get now days.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How long was the gap between God creating man and woman?

Whatever that amount of time is will be your answer. Probably around 10 seconds.

new topics

top topics

join