It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it's already heating up in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
So, who should have done this?

Maybe the Iraqis? Let's not forget that the US went in on a totally bogus pretense in the first place. The war fed a machine that earned a very few people an awful lot of money. Any other consideration is nonsense.

Or is the US now going into Saudi Arabia to spread democracy?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MobiusUnleashed

China & Russia had allot of their resources to begin with, before the war. So If they didn't get what they already had, America would be upsetting somebody who could actually fight back, something they seem to dislike.

According to MSN Money, Halliburton’s KBR, Inc. division bilked government agencies to the tune of $17.2 billion in Iraq war-related revenue from 2003-2006 alone - making it the biggest profiteer from the war

Not to mention all the companies that are there to rebuild Iraq after the destruction they caused.

just found this too

Source

U.S. oil major ExxonMobil is reported to be considering a 7 billion pound ($10.9 billion) takeover of Kurdistan-focused explorer Gulf Keystone Petroleum, the Independent on Sunday reported. The newspaper said that Exxon is considering making an estimated 800 pence per share bid for Britain's Gulf Keystone, which has made huge oil finds in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region of Iraq.
..which was already owned by us Brits, after the invasion.

Biggest reason America went to war was to keep the oil traded in dollars, and they succeed, as well as establishing the biggest corps in their country, to take more money. win win

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Maybe the Iraqis?

Hey, I am all for that. Let them fight their own war.

Let's not forget that the US went in on a totally bogus pretense in the first place.
Det det det. Not so fast there. The UN and other member Countries were all fooled into thinking there were WMDs there.
But, to wage war and then leave them to it is the way I would have done it.

The war fed a machine that earned a very few people an awful lot of money. Any other consideration is nonsense.

Or is the US now going into Saudi Arabia to spread democracy?

I could care less about spreading democracy anywhere.
I am not for Nation Building or Rebuilding.
If you go to war, I work under the Scorched Earth way of doing things.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

We don't like to fight countries that can fight back... Doesn't that describe every country on the planet?

Just sayin!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

You seem to forget that it was Western meddling in the middle-east which caused all of these problems. If we had never set foot there, nor had we funded "certain groups", there would be no political problem in Iraq. All political problems in the world are manufactured to meet a certain end.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The was was for profit.
Not just oil profit.
Weapons profit
Rebuilding profit
And of course, good old fashioned private banks running the show now.

But yes, there is a lot of oil there. That is why we are in aphghanistan too, to protect oil interests.
Anyways.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No doubt the Sunni's and Shi'ites will sink in to civil war over the coming months....although thats already started happening.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Man, I am all for wiping out the main cities of middle east.
Its like they're all a bunch of eff'n children who can only play nice when mom and dad(USA) are around. As soon as mom and dad look away the kids start to tear S*** up and name-call(saber rattling) again.

I may die of shame.. knowing we live in the same country.

I do not understand how an analogy of what the U.S. just did in Iraq can draw parental correlations.. and your very colloquial "good ol' mom and dad" type of parentalism is even harder to fathom.

The neo-conservative propaganda has certainly won the fight for your mind. You only think the middle east is a problem because you believe what the news tells you, and you accept that it's necessary and unavoidable for the U.S. to get involved.

Even if the region is volatile it's not our business to be there! It shouldn't have to effect us. Saudi Arabia will keep selling us oil. We have no business there. We have no business making our soldiers die for something that doesn't defend our country, but actually make us more unsafe.. and we certainly have no business killing civilians... even by a collateral means.
edit on 12/19/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If it were not for the loss of U.S. lives and citizens of Iraq, this "exit" and the war itself would almost be comical.

No Joke.

The U.S. has built the largest embassy in the history of civilization in Iraq, and it's HUGE!
www.huffingtonpost.com...

For the sake of Democracy and getting the non-real weapons of mass destruction under control, I wondor what the REAL death toll was/is after we "saved" Iraq? How about some stats NOT from the State Department?

We have a HELL of an information gathering facility positioned in the Gulf now. Isn't that what we really wanted anyway? Positioning in region before Iran,The Russkies, and China split up the region?
Oh, France wanted in too. They're manipulating Libya errrrr Liberating.

The more things change...the more they stay the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
that's what america wanted. democracy borne of violence will never last, since it's foundation is contrary to what democracy is.

democracy is a peaceful election of it's citizens by other citizens to look after administration, defence and economic policy for the benefit of the entire society.

america doesn't even have that.

to shoot someone so you can elect your friends is not democracy.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by daynight42

Use any other word, please....fascism, communism, autocracy...but not the d-word! That's a lie!

The D-word ... it rhimes with D-day ...

^^^FAIL lol. they do not rhyme

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join