It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Does any member get the impression that the original image of Copernicus crater shown in the thread has been airbrushed?

I say this as I am finding that many areas of the image, even after shadow-enhancement, are showing no detail.
edit on 17-12-2011 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
your version contains errors now, it says, so i went and downloaded it off the net somewhere.

Somewhere on the net?

Seems I recall that we have the original bitmap scans from those 16x20 negatives "somewhere on the site"

Just noticed though that I got side tracked and never cleaned up the grid map page... but there are plenty good ones on there for those who like to hunt...

And for those who see only rocks... all I have to say is..

Don't waste my bandwidth

The best anomalies are the ones that you can spot on #1-4 and also spot on #5 for confirmation because #5 is taken at a different angle, for example this one

Copernicus #1 GRID N-2,O-2

And here it is in #5

Copernicus #5 GRID K-5

But you have to first learn the scale and orientation differences between the two images

Copernicus Crater Grid Reference Map

Images 1-4 seamed...

Image 5

edit on 17-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
And just for fun because I have a few minutes... lets look at some cranes/drills/machines

"Crane 1" GRID I-5a
This one is taken from Image #1 in Area "F". It has the appearance of emitting steam or smoke from the back.

"Crane 2" GRID L-4b
This one is in Image #2 left of "Seal Rock". It has a shadow of itself including the boom. Area "G"

"The Crane 3A" GRID J-3a
This one is in Image #2 on the top left edge of the picture. It has very sharply defined features. This one is the best evidence of machinery so far. First discovered by Zarniwoop

"The Crane 3B" GRID 5-I-6a
This one is the SAME crane seen from above on Image #5. See below for highlight and locator map.

"The Crane on Earth"
This one is on Earth and is shown here for comparison. This Earth steam shovel is over 70 feet tall. That will give you scale

"Control Valve" GRID A-7a
This odd structure is found in Image #1 bottom left corner. It shows a pyramid shaped object with legs and a round top on a tower. There are what appear to be pipes in the background

Closeups with color of the crane that we found in both views... Hint #5 is about 50% smaller scale than #1-4 and is rotated 90 degrees to get the same alignment

Copernicus #2

Copernicus #5

For those who have issues with the ability of the craft to see small objects...

On a typical Lunar Orbiter mission, the photographic system provided high-resolution pictures of 4,000 square miles of the Moon's surface with enough clarity to show objects the size of a card table. At the same time, medium-resolution photographs covering 20,000 square miles could be made with overlap for stereo viewing and analysis of surface topography.

The 1600 pictures captured in total by the five Lunar Orbiters using the ITT photographic system enabled photogrammetrists at NASA and the U.S. Government's Defense Mapping Agency to create accurate maps of the Moon's surface. From these photos, maps, and other lunar data, NASA identified the Sea of Tranquillity as the final landing site for the Apollo 11 mission in 1969.

Launched in 1966 and 1967, all five missions Lunar Orbiter were successful. The missions collectively photographed 99% of the Moon's surface with a resolution of 60 m ground resolution or better. The first three missions, dedicated to imaging 20 potential Apollo landing sites, were flown at near equatorial orbits as close as 22 miles above the lunar surface. The fourth and fifth missions were devoted to broader scientific objectives, and were flown in high altitude polar orbits.

Lunar Orbiter - ITT Geospatial Systems

The defense contractor who made the cameras...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Below is a picture of the Langley building where they reviewed the images. The photos used are 16 x 20 inch contact prints of the negatives... and they laid them out to make a giant mosaic

The photos were shot in 70mm film, then processed on board the orbiter so the original negatives are scattered on the moon. Once processed they were scanned and sent to earth via video signal where they were processed from video tape to make 16 x 20 inch negatives. From those negatives they made the contact prints

How all this was done is recorded here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The scans used in John's original thread were taken off copies of those 16 x 20 negatives. We happen to have several negatives and prints of them picked up from various sources, one being a yard sale in Florida

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I'll bet you guys are great at "Find the Pope in the Pizza."

Ha ha... expected better from YOU

:shk:

Just a point to all you clowns out there... when this Copernicus thread ran the first time....

Originally posted by Springer
I can tell you that the statement "thousands of people" are viewing/watching this thread is a conservative way to put it.

You'd be fair and accurate to say hundreds of thousands of people are "watching" this thread.
Just thought I'd toss that in the ring.
Springer...

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by ArMaP
Sorry for being off-topic, but could you please clarify one thing to me?
Are those hundreds of thousands unique IP addresses, page views or visits?

Thanks.

Visits/Unique Visitors monthly. One wouldn't use the term "Unique IP Addresses" for page views, one would simply state "Page Views". Unique IP Address indicates exactly what it says, a Unique IP Address.

Springer...

So all you debunker troll clowns
can rant and rave all you want... anomaly hunting is good for business

But it was a lot more fun back then

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Somewhere on the net?
Probably from where I got it back in 2009, here.

Seems I recall that we have the original bitmap scans from those 16x20 negatives "somewhere on the site"
What's the resolution of those images?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So all you debunker troll clowns can rant and rave all you want... anomaly hunting is good for business

Methodically searching through photographs taken by space probes and spotting what appear to be anomalies and using geometry to infer their purpose is great for business. Claiming to see faces everywhere, not so much.
edit on 17-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Anomaly hunting may be good for business but not for science. How did we get cranes (and 70 foot high to boot) to the Moon ?

I'm assuming that aliens would have better technology than Earthly machines that are designed for gravity laden Earth projects with an atmosphere to support smoke belching engines.

Smoke and steam coming from these machines? How in a near vacuum?

oxygen expands away too quickly and if you have a contained chemical reaction, and you're supplying both reactants, it can produce smoke. The smoke will expand rapidly, quickly becoming invisible.

Copernicus crater is pristine in overhead images, where are the tracks of these huge dinosaur machines and what are they mining in full view of Earth telescopes?

"Crane 1" GRID I-5a" , resembles Nessie more than a machine. Maybe the Copernicus monster was chasing the seal rock across the sand sea in hopes of a tasty snack?

And why make primitive stone structures to live in? is it to blend in with the surrounding moonscape? Then why have Earth-movers in plain sight belching smoke with invisible tracks all to do what?

Bandwidth usage comes from grainy, shadowed images that could be anything from Nessie on the moon to just rocks.

edit on 17-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409

"Crane 1" GRID I-5a" , resembles Nessie more than a machine.

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw it.... therefore it is a fact that the debunkers and trolls cannot deny.
edit on 17-12-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the opportunity to ask once more (I think you never replied the first time, back in 2008-03-22, when I first asked it) what do you think of this:

Did you ever thought of looking for that crane (and the other "objects") in other photos?
Like in 5156_h1, for example. If I am not mistaken, the image bellow shows the same "crane".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts. Although I always thought the best lunar anomaly would be the obvious building, located in the Magelhaens crater. Who knows what these could be, it is all speculation.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yeah i didn't pay attention to where i got it from but it wasn't thelivingmoon. i just typed it in the google search box. for some reason i thought i'd get john's version again if i got it from your site, and this was a different version.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

okay, behave yourselves and lay off the egg nog.

Great song choice, Undo! I have that set as a ringtone for my Sicilian mother. It makes me laugh every time she calls.

Arianna,

It's in the 9-0 area of Zorgon's awesome grid. Just look in this area that's circled in white:

edit on 17-12-2011 by papajake because: typo

edit on 17-12-2011 by papajake because: Photo is an oil painting by Chesley Bonestell. White circle added by me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow, cool spacemen in that rendition. But looking at the original image the spacemen are not present but the hills are well defined.

see below:

unitedcats.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Like in 5156_h1, for example. If I am not mistaken, the image bellow shows the same "crane".

Hi ArMaP,

I tried to find your cropped area in 5156_h1 and couldn't find it. If you have a spare moment, could you please pin-point that area for me? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Wow, cool spacemen in that rendition. But looking at the original image the spacemen are not present but the hills are well defined

It's actually an oil painting by Chesley Bonestell. It was just a creative way to pin-point an area for Arianna. My apologies if anyone thought that was a real photo. I should have labeled it as a rendition.
edit on 17-12-2011 by papajake because: Edited the original post to add "oil painting by Chesley Bonestell"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
An "anomaly" is something where i would take a look, and then say "Woooo.....WAIT A MINUTE..."

If i need to look 40mins at one single area in a picture and then i say "well...with a LOOOOOT of fantasy i can see why someone might think it does somewhat look like a face" - then it's not an anomaly, really. (Because you can do that with clouds, rocks or whatever other natural formation).

The thought that someone does indeed spend "hours" on each image and goes up/down vertically and pointing out 30 (!) or more "anomalies" in one single picture..is kinda frightening. And all those "anomalies" need a LOT of fantasy to even see them (yes i totally admit that!) - and then it looks more that everything has been pointed out in a random fashion as long as it has two dark spots and "somehow" could resemble a face.

You are just wasting your time with subjective things....and i also refrained from commenting a lot in this (and the other thread) since i see those both threads and the discussion as extremely...unconstructive.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by papajake

Sure.

I had to spend some time looking for it myself, as I didn't remember where in the photo was the "crane".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by papajake

Sure.

I had to spend some time looking for it myself, as I didn't remember where in the photo was the "crane".

It's much easier to spot when someone paints over it in Caterpillar yellow.

edit on 17-12-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No the original links in that old thread to images are gone because they were on the old server and that was before ATS set up the photo gallery. I will have to revamp that section on the site and make sure all the links are good

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join