It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Cheerleaders Worse Than The Regime.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by theovermensch

considering that you are teenager you give excellent advice

Far more mature than your generation

Keep it up

Hey thanks,Im not a teenager though. So its probably just average advice for an adult

The guy that said I was a teenager is some kind of troll.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Pretty ironic coming from a teenaged Aussie-I love how people who don't even live in the U.S. somehow feel they magically "know" how we should run our country- move here,live here-then you can have your say-until then....

Wether you are an imperial citizen or not. America is the centre of the death star.

god this analogy just kills me...
when it's put like that, I feel like i'm left with no other options but to act.
and right this moment. yet I don't. and I can't, as much as I know we all should.

I made a thread called "At what point does modern America cease to be a Constitutional Republic and become an Empire?"

you replied we are part of the global imperial empire.
I'm glad we were thinking the same thing in seeing the paralells between the two.

Yeah,I agree. The elites already have a global economy that we all have to live in. The next step is lose of sovereignty. I have always worried about American politics. Even as a kid. The empire touches the lives of us all, even those that are not imperial citizens.

I think you can the model for the rest of us happening in Greece. We will all be openly run by bankers. They will tell us what we can vote for. They will use the comimg econimic crisis to lock the public in to the empire. They will buy all the public assets and we will be beholden to the corporatists for good.

And I agree. Im glad some can see the Empire. Its comforting. Most people seem blind.
edit on 14-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

behind closed doors they hold no alliegences to no one nation but to empire earth it seems.
they're instituting the necessary bureaucracys and militarized civilian forces to enforce their legislation.
Anonymous seems like the only legitimate opposition at this point and time, made up entirely of unknown persons across the world who want to see change but cannot identify themselves due to what happens to people when they do.

terrorist organizations who have no moral authority or justification in their acts would disintegrate with the existing establishment. it breeds terrorism and manipulation

I see one world government as inevitable and beneficial to the human race if done properly.
It cannot exist through force though which is where the global players in the game right now are lost.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden

Boy, would you make Paul Krugman and other left-wing ideologues proud.

Direct Democracy would be a complete and utter disaster. There is a reason our Founders created a system of checks and balances, where majority rule is not the rule, and where the minority still has a say. Our Founders never envisioned radical policy being shoved down the throats of the American people (whether it be banning homosexual marriage, limiting birth-control, introducing radical climate-change legislation, repealing the 2nd Amendment, etc.) because, as history shows, un-hampered majority rule does not work out for everyone. The minority political party (and the minority that elects them) has the ability to hinder and filibuster the agenda of the majority--we should be thankful for this.

Why is this a good thing, you ask? Well, for starters, it prevents the majority political party from running wild and obtaining absolute power. It also prevents the minority from being subjected to the whims of the majority, citizens and politicians alike. Didn't a wise man once say "absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

If anything, OWSers, Tea Partiers, and citizens in general should be crying out for more checks on power, more debate before moving forward, and we must demand that Washington become more judicious, not less. Introducing direct democracy will usher in a bleak era of "majority rules," one that may tear apart the very fabric of American ideals that such desperate measures would aim to protect.

One of the great things that the Tea Party Patriots got done was they put a focus on filibusters. We can thank the people that protested for that. It was people power,they made themselves heard. They made waste and accountability issues that politicians were forced to acknowledge.

It was Tea Party members.Not rebublicans.. The Tea Party are a great example of how the major parties dupe the people. Look at who they have in the gop. Bachmann is the only one close to standing for the Tea Party and she has no hope. She is a lepper to the establishment.

The Tea Party should be proud of what it got done but it needs to turn away from the major parties. They do not represent the people. They onl;y pretend.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah,I agree. Globalisation is the future and humanity should unite.

But not under the current elites. They want to enslave us.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yeah,I agree. Globalisation is the future and humanity should unite.

But not under the current elites. They want to enslave us.

The outcome of globalization or "global government" or a "one world government" will be the development of unmitigated, concentrated political power. Concentrated political power has proven to be most dangerous thing mankind has ever encountered.

Six times as many people died at the hands of their own governments during the 20th century than in all that century's wars combined.

In the past, when men have garnered control and concentrated their political power in an effort to foist their ideologies on innocent others, they have been relegated to spreading their misery only in their corner of the world. If and when a global government succeeds, they will control all political power and there will be nowhere to run and nobody to fight back. Whether real world problems get solved or not is of no importance because it would not be armed with superior morals or honesty, (as some tend to believe) but only with superior physical strength and power.

Globalization and concentrated power is like a disease that masquerades as its own cure. It is ironic that some people are of the opinion that concentrating that political power even more- into even fewer hands- will be the medicine that cures us.

Belief in the "good intentions" of concentrated political power is foolish. Don't be blind to the actual intended results.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Text Belief in the "good intentions" of concentrated political power is foolish. Don't be blind to the actual intended results.

It seems that the best defence of capitalism is that nothing else can work.

I think if that is the case we should all just kill ourselves.

I think it is foolish to continue on with a system that has failed.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

If you are a democrat or republican it means you are a cheerleader for the regime.

Well said. I've been saying the same thing here about Labor and Liberal for years.

I saw a bumper sticker once that sums it up well. Don't vote - it only encourages them!"

Most people who support a political party actually think their party isn't corrupt and the other one is, and that their party has the best interests of the people at heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Text Well said. I've been saying the same thing here about Labor and Liberal for years.

Yes its exactly the same really. I dont support the Greens but they are a better option than the two major parties. Bob Katter and his Australia party seem to be OneNation version 2.

I do like Katters ideas of limiting market shares of corporations though. If only he wasnt a crazy old redneck.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It seems that the best defence of capitalism is that nothing else can work.

I think if that is the case we should all just kill ourselves.

I think it is foolish to continue on with a system that has failed.

The United States, nor any other country, practices capitalism.

There is only one kind of capitalism and that is free market capitalism (laissez-faire). Once restrictions or government intervention are applied to capitalism, it is no longer capitalism but central planning. Capitalism, though unbelievably complex is actually very simple to understand.

Capitalism, very simply and completely is: a voluntary, consenting exchange of goods between two parties, for their own mutual benefit without the outside threat of force.

Like it or not, that is Capitalism. Sound horrible, right?

Central planning board, Supreme Dictator, Prime Decision Maker, or everything other than capitalism, is an abolition of independent economic planning, which exists only under capitalism and the price system. All other systems are characterized by price and wage controls, and thus by shortages and government controls over production and distribution.

These bastardized and centralized systems decide not only the prices and wages charged and paid, but also what is to be produced, in what quantities, by what methods, and where it is to be sent. This, in turn, destroys the voluntary, self interested economic planning of millions and results in chaos because capitalism is the only system that can coordinate and harmonize the activities of all the millions of separate, independent planners.

The system we have today is the result of a handful of government officials, who, having prohibited the planning of everyone else, presume to substitute their knowledge and intelligence for the knowledge and intelligence of tens of millions thereby destroying a system rationally planned by the combined, self-interested efforts of all who participate in it.

There is no country in the world that practices capitalism. All economies are centrally planned and regulated. The foundation of world peace is a policy of laissez-faire, not control.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

beautiful analogy & very apt.
S+F

-TF

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join