It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I run SW: The Old Republic with my current video card?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't know much about computers. All I know about my video card is this:

Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset 1310mb

The requirements for The Old Republic are:

video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

* ATI X1800 or better
* nVidia 7800 or better
* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

Can I run the game?
Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Go to Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager - Display Adapters...

What does it say you have? Right click on it and go to properties.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All it says is: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You should be able to run KOTOR just fine.

Intel 4100 or better = Intel mobile 4 series 4xxx. 4100 would be the lowest card in the family.

FYI - I was thinking you were talking about KOTOR but you're not - still you should be able to run it at low settings.
edit on 13-12-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BoltonWanderer

Run this software and see if you meet the minimum spec needed.
www.systemrequirementslab.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is "the old republic"
Not knights of the old republic which was an amazing game
As for your chipset, it -might- run it, but probably on the lowest settings available. You're playing on a laptop correct?

You can try,..

What kind of laptop do you have

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
its gonna run like crap
edit on 12/13/2011 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's a Compaq. My processor is an Intel 2.16 gig and they say the minimum is 2.0. But I have 4 gigs of RAM, if that helps. They say you only need 2 gigs of RAM.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BoltonWanderer

Then your video card is probably faster than 256mb for the minimum, with 4 gig of RAM it should run just fine. The installation of the game should have it's own system testing and will let you know if anything is not up to the minimum standards.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Its not going to run well, you should not put your laptop under that kind of stress. Your hardware is not ment to play games like that. It will on low settings but it will be slow and your laptop will heat up fast. In order to play it with out doing damage to your laptop you would have to stop every 30min and let it cool.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Okay. Thanks for the help my fellow ATS'ers! I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm way too much of a Star Wars junky not to, haha.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If and when you get in game, hit (Ctrl)-(Shift)-(F) and that will display your frames/sec in the lower left corner. If the colors are red, your cpu is limiting your FPS, if it is green, it means your GPU is limiting it.

I have a fairly decent gaming rig and was averaging ~70 fps or higher during beta. Even when weekend tests were open with large server populations, I had really good performance and minimal to no lag with all settings maxed out. If you are lagging really bad, disable shadows, and drop graphics settings, and start working your way up to see what works best.

Hope you have luck getting in, and really enjoy it. I'm still waiting very impatiently for my early access....I'm going crazy, I can't wait!
edit on 12/13/2011 by saabster5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Doesnt sound like it will run it well at all...

Im so looking forward to the release... I signed up for beta over 2 years ago(on the first day you could apply) and only got to play over the weekend 2 weeks ago... but it was awesome, and i pre-ordered after my play time...

I loved the KOTOR series, and am really looking forward to leveling all of the classes in SWTOR... I was a huge WOW player, played for about 4 years, and i like how it is the same controls as WOW...

C ya there(hopefully!)

Ill be going sith

(Hit me up people if you wanna play together in the pre-order, as im a vet MMO player, been playing MMO since 1995 lol)
edit on 13-12-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
check it out on www.systemrequirementslab.com that will tell you if you're computer meets the specifications.

top topics

join