It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK gun permits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Sorry, but if you don't even know the current gun laws then there's no way should ever be given a licence.

It like someone saying I want a car licence, can someone tell me how fast I can drive after 8 pints of beer .....

Our laws are designed to prevent people like you getting a gun. Thankfully.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well there's the middle England view lol. I think I'll join you Vaxar

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Vaxar

Sorry, but if you don't even know the current gun laws then there's no way should ever be given a licence.

It like someone saying I want a car licence, can someone tell me how fast I can drive after 8 pints of beer .....

Our laws are designed to prevent people like you getting a gun. Thankfully.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)
Did i say anything about not going to learn anything about gun laws? No i didnt, i wanted a bit of basic knowledge on the matter first of all thats why i asked here on ATS seeing as this is the WEAPON section.

I want a rifle or shotgun for hunting and keeping myself and family safe for the future then that is totally up to me to decide wether i want to apply for a gun permit or not.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Vaxar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Well there's the middle England view lol. I think I'll join you Vaxar
haha cheers mate

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

@vaxar 'In this day and age i would like to protect myself and my family in the event of any kind of SHTF... if it where to ever happen.'

if you ever decide to apply for a license and can satisfy the authorities on a clean rap sheet, imo the above statement would lead to further enquiries simply because you may be implying that you have no confidence in her majestics forces pre-shtf scenario.

i would say join a long bow club and soak up as much knowledge off the masters as possible. in a shtf scenario, will there be a limitless supply of ______ ammo? don't think so. far more formidable alternatives can be crafted with axes and chisels and a bit of brain juice.

f

btw i would also edit the last statement you made to essan about 'shut in the leg' asap if you want to hold onto any hope of acquiring a firearms certificate.
edit on 11-12-2011 by fakedirt because: read response to essan

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

It does not work like that in the UK Vaxar- Legally you are not allowed to keep a gun for the reason of protecting yourself or family.
That is why apart from the legit farmers,sportsmen/women and hunters,no one except criminals owns guns in the UK.
So as the laws stand,you would be foolish to attempt to acquire a gun licence in order to protect your family.
I get the impression someone is after you-If that is a correct assumption,take your family to a safe place and think about other ways than guns to protect them.

Get a legal advisor,and try to talk with a good cop off the record if you have bad problems maybe?

It won't look good for you if you shoot someone in your home after the investigators have read this thread,comprende?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Vaxar

@vaxar 'In this day and age i would like to protect myself and my family in the event of any kind of SHTF... if it where to ever happen.'

if you ever decide to apply for a license and can satisfy the authorities on a clean rap sheet, imo the above statement would lead to further enquiries simply because you may be implying that you have no confidence in her majestics forces pre-shtf scenario.

i would say join a long bow club and soak up as much knowledge off the masters as possible. in a shtf scenario, will there be a limitless supply of ______ ammo? don't think so. far more formidable alternatives can be crafted with axes and chisels and a bit of brain juice.

f

btw i would also edit the last statement you made to essan about 'shut in the leg' asap if you want to hold onto any hope of acquiring a firearms certificate.
edit on 11-12-2011 by fakedirt because: read response to essan
yeah mate i was only joking with him. Each to there own and all that i wouldnt really do that lol

But yeah i am definitely going to apply and joining a sort of bow club would also be pretty good as i hear they are legal to have, i would apply for the license mainly for hunting for sure i wouldnt mention anything about SHTF they may think i am crazy lol

Probably not until once christmas and whatnot is out of the way and then i will go for it. In the mean time i will look up everything i need to know about guns and there laws.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

haha no i am not in any trouble my friend, thanks for caring though. I just feel with everything happening in this day and age its only right i have the right to a weapon, there are many things that could happen to turn our world upside down and i would just rather be prepared and kitted out incase a day like that ever comes.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

i don't mean to sound harsh here but anything and everything you have typed online in any forum will be scrutinised and used to formulate a decision as to whether you get approved. an edit to the statement would fare you well.
your best bet is a long bow club and learn the art. if there is ever a shtf moment, do you think authorities will be asking you to produce a permit?
f
edit on 11-12-2011 by fakedirt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

I did look into this myself, you cant own a pistol as they are illegal, even sports shooters have to go abraod to train. You can own a single # rifle like a sniper rifle, thats what I would go for but you have to have a solid reason for owning one, for example competion in which case they expect you to join a club. Self defense is not a valid reason. You also require solid references and the more important the person (vip) the better. Try lord robinson he seems to like giving references (see thomas hamilton).

IMO maybe you should consider a crossbow, or possibly going down to the local criminals and asking if they have one for sale because only criminals have the guns now, leaving decent honest folk with nothing.

The reason why our guns have been taken away is because when TSHTF we cannot fight back and be exterminated like vermin.

I am considering moving my family abroad in the near future where I can better protect them. I can now pilot a boat on ocean if required, which is what I may do if TSHTF.
edit on 11-12-2011 by TheMindWar because: Hunting incorrect meant self defense

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

i have noticed the certain U.N.abashed so called FREE brits have cartoon avatars doing open carry instead of photographic open carry avatars like some americans do
perhaps a steak knife licence would be a good start....

( im looling here)

Canada will gun grab in the near future
mark my words

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the UK really likes criminals and hates the good guys.

They really put a damper on the good guys' ability to defend themselves from the degenerates of society that are always among us waiting to lash out against the defenseless.

Well done UK for disarming the good guys and giving the bad guys the advantage. What a crap-hole that place is.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Well done UK for disarming the good guys and giving the bad guys the advantage. What a crap-hole that place is.

Well, the murder rates in the USA show that arming the population under the notion of "self defence" is counter productive. The UK is not a gun culture and long may that remain.

Regards

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
You can't get pistol's in the UK as firearms that can easily be concealed are banned. You can get shot guns for sure, not sure about what else. You have to make an application which the police look at and visit your proprty, you have to have a gun safe and you have to have a mental evaluation. I think the license costs around £50

oh and if you have any kind of criminal record, you can forget it
edit on 11-12-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

WOW all that just to own a gun? Just reading that made me feel a little bit safer knowing I just passed my conceal and carry training here in US.....I had no idea UK was that strict. The police literally have to come to your house??????
I would feel so violated!
edit on 11-12-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

the murder rate is up in gun controlled areas like washington DC where only criminals are allowed to own guns and down to nothing in places where every housholder is REQUIRED to own a gun
so your logic is falacious

thanks for coming out

Nation's Rates Of Private Gun Ownership Do Not Correlate To Rates Of Murder

gunowners.org...
edit on 11-12-2011 by Danbones because: added link...... read em and weep

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Baltimore murders 2008
Another "gun control area" Danbones.

David Grouchy
edit on 11-12-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Well, the murder rates in the USA show that arming the population under the notion of "self defence" is counter productive. The UK is not a gun culture and long may that remain.

Regards

"counter-productive" well that would solely depend on who is on the morgue table now wouldn't it????To the woman not raped;beaten and then strangled with her own pantyhose; it's very "productive"! My heart will not shed onesingle drop of blood for any low-life thug ending up on the wrong end of a citizens' weapon( be it:handgun;shotgun;blowgun; ballbat or kitchen knife.)

After reading this thread I can only remark in sympathy : you "poor buggers...."

edit on 11-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Stick to air rifles for hunting. As for SHTF situations, I'm sure there are better methods for defending yourself.

Civilian gun laws are there for a reason, and aren't tough enough in my opinion. Anyone wanting a firearm in the UK, should undergo strict mental health examinations every 12 month to prevent any incidents like the one last year where a local lad decided to shoot 12 innocent people, including an old college friend of mine. He was legally licensed to own the weapons, and look what happened.

The British are better off without firearms.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
God..I am glad I live in the USA! The poor Brits have been neutered and hung out to dry by PC and Nanny State-ism! Your Government doesn't trust anybody but the elite!
God help you all!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Since they(British authorities) effectively tie your hands behind your backs and any actof self defense is a criminal act; do they also adequately(equally) assume the total responsibility for your personal safety?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join