It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Some white melty stuff on my car this morning! Weird?

Frosty, sparkly rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Middle East Germany here. Wind has picked up significantly,seems like the outer Edge of the Storm is already here,together with a little Rain.

Lets hope this thing is not as strong as "Kryll" a few Years back...that Storm did alot of material Damage.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Kryll" was very damaging.
Even here in the UK the damage was aired from Germany with girders fallen from a train station (Bahnhof).

For the UK "Kryll" was also very windy.
It was quite funny trying to watch people have a ciggie outside in that storm.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bet the OP is feeling like a bit of a tit now. Some advice for the OP. Perhaps avoid posting information about the weather on the internet in future :p

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well the forecasters on the TV got it wrong too. I was expecting to wake up to 5 to 10 cm of snow, but no, just green grass and drizzle. I had planned for a day doing nothing, Now I have no excuse to get me out of going to London, which I really was hoping to get out of. (shakes fist at the sky)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
south west cumbria reporting snow for the past two hours. cars are going slow this morning and the boy racers are extra careful too! the gritting of teeth observed. please keep an eye out for grannies and the male versions.
fakedirt over and out.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucero
Bet the OP is feeling like a bit of a tit now. Some advice for the OP. Perhaps avoid posting information about the weather on the internet in future :p

The OP informed us early or a potentially damaging storm, even the Met Office were struggling to forecast it and still got it wrong just 12 hours ahead. This time yesterday, there was a weather warning for heavy snow in the East Midlands which never materialised.

I'd suggest you keep your useless opinions to yourself in future instead of making yourself look like a tit in front of all the other people that have posted constructively in this thread.

regards

edit on 16-12-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's been sleeting and snowing on and off all morning in Newcastle... making it feel kinda festive, even tho' I'm at work, it is FRIDAY... so not all bad

On another note, I think we should keep this thread alive as it seems to bug some people so much ..

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucero

You really don't understand what weather forecasts are, do you?

The OP was spot on with this thread and hopefully a few people, following it, will now have a much better understanding of how difficult forecasting is, especially in Britain where even the twitch of a butterfly's antenna can shift a storm by 100 miles.

The storm has produced 130mph+ winds in Europe this morning - it could very easily have brought them across England.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Some white melty stuff on my car this morning! Weird?

Frosty, sparkly rainbows
Jane

Lucky bugger.........mumbles, grumbles.......

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

To Mr McLeod (of the clan McLeod
),

Ignore this person. Pretty much the rest of us have enjoyed your thread (s) on the weather and taken much info from it.

I personally want to thank you and ask for similar in future. Those that don't like it, simply stay away - it isn't rocket science is it?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
*Dances*
I finally have snow!!.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
*Dances*
I finally have snow!!.

Grrr!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
@ Rock Ape....Totally agree! Just for a laugh over Christmas...bugger all on telly!
Also, can you imagine how 'hot' things will get when Mr Mcleod starts threads on potential heatwaves next year?

@ Flavian....sorry Suspiria and I have upset you....not! Have a ( ).

Rainbows with Christmas deccy's on
Jane

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
When is this storm supposed to happen then? Its blue skys here in the south west of the UK

12:00

1:00

After reading the OP's warnings i decided to make a record of the weather as it turned bad. But its nothing but a fresh wind so far.
edit on 16-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
*Dances*
I finally have snow!!.

This post made me smile!! Glad you have some snow

2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Your more than welcome to your opinion and normally i would rant at this type of reply but i really can't be ass*d. Besides i have the cold and don't feel in the mood too...if it made you feel better typing it then that's all that matters!!!

What i will say though is...Merry Christmas for when it comes

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
To All The People On This Thread

Thank you all so much for another brilliant thread. I have seen some people learn weather forecasting (you know who you are) through these 2 threads, which is always a good thing...knowing more about the Earth is never a bad idea.

Yes the storm forecast for last night never quite materialised in our neck of the woods but it did still pound France and Germany. Hopefully not too badly.

We've had our fair share of bad weather these past 2 weeks, all I'm hopeful for now is a couple of hours of snow starting at around 6pm on Christmas Eve and lasting through til sunrise so that we can all enjoy the added atmosphere that snow on the ground brings on Christmas Day (especially for the kids).

Hopefully the worst of winter is behind us now, but i doubt it is. I'll keep a close eye on the weather (or maybe some of you guys can now) and we'll see what other threads can be created if in the event we have a horrible situation that's worth reporting again.

Too all of you,

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for when it comes!!

p.s. Yes Rainbows Do Make People Smile!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
deleted...
edit on 16/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Erm maybe if you kept up with the thread development you would have seen the OP forecast for exactly this to happen, a more southernly route for the storm & snow exactly where it fell last night/morn,

If you don't understand the matter at hand maybe its best you don't comment at all, there are many many things to take into account when predicting these storms, the models try to predict a storm weeks in advanced crunching insanely big numbers, and they are always going to change the closer you get to the date, not one but many many super computer all over the world, not even they was up to the task until 8hours before the event, maybe you should understand that first? the outcome was alway going to change, 2 weeks ago now the LP was predicted to come in over central uk with a center pressure of 920mb, that would have bought wind in excess of 90-100mph across much of the south, worthy of a advanced heads up IMO,

The MetO got it spot on 24hours in advance, so we can hardly bash the Met Office here either,

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join