It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy movements in Florida have announced an actual "convention" in Orlando

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Orlando hosts Florida's first Occupy convention

Updated: Friday, 09 Dec 2011, 8:14 PM EST
Published : Friday, 09 Dec 2011, 8:14 PM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Orlando will host the nation's first state-wide conference of the Occupy Movement to develop what organizers are calling "The People's Plan." The event is scheduled for this weekend and will held at the plaza in front of Orlando's City Hall.

Read more: www.myfoxorlando.com...

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Convention organizers chose Orlando because it is centrally located. More than 500 are expected to attend.

Occupy Orlando will lead a human-rights march through downtown at 2 p.m. Saturday.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

I don't think standing the plaza is a convention...that's all they do is stand, sit or sleep in plazas and parks.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

sorry no comment.
edit on 10-12-2011 by demented because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

edit on 10-12-2011 by demented because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Mmm, well I'd say it's about time. Occupy Jacksonville (where I am from) has failed on many counts.... hoping that the Orlando movement helps get things going. Maybe people from there will spread to Jax eventually.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The Orlando movement has been impotent as has Jacksonville's. I think at the high point they had a total of MAYBE 100. All I can say as an Orlando native...I have no problem with them gathering peacefully to discuss thier politics and policies going forward or even marching. However the moment they start breaking crap or interfering in daily lives the OPD WILL stomp a mudhole and send em packing. They better mind thier P's and Q's
edit on 11-12-2011 by djvexd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join