It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US Minimum Wage really $7.25?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is US Minimum Wage really $7.25?

Yes...

Way too high!!!

You have good kidneys? sell them, don't be greedy.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by theovermensch
I read that the Federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour.

They must have raised it because back in 2000-2007 when i lived in the states there were jobs which paid $6 or $6.50 hour. Of course, this also meant you didn't have any health insurance either. It was better in Illinois and the states up North, but in the South $6.50 jobs were common.

Exactly, no insurance... and then who has to pay for these people when they get sick?
(Cause unfortunately the Nazi congress has not legalized suicide booths
)

Working for 40 hours a week, making $260! hell yes! Work for 12 weeks a year just to
to pay for a policy, just incase something happens to you!
edit on 9-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
reply to post by theovermensch

You watch a gop debate and hear people cheer at the idea of letting the poor die because they are poor.

No, you don't.

That has never, EVER, happened.

NO ONE at these debates cheers at the thought of poor people dying.

I won't get into the rest because I don't have time now, but I had to call you out on that one.

"Are You Saying Society Should Let Him Die...?"

"Yea"

"yes"

YEAAA"

I read a thread today that implied that Americans are "intellectually and morally debased". Some certainly are. Some of them dress up in costumes as patriots.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by metaldemon2000

Text We need new industries. Bottom line. The old industries are on the way out, we just haven't replaced them with anything yet. This has happened many times in history.

I agree.It is alot like the industrial revolution. We need to make the machines work for us.

No that's not what I'm thinking. Machines doing all the work for us is not only irresponsible it is dangerous. You will create a society of lazy, useless people who have absolutely no skill sets and are entirely dependant on a system which if something goes wrong will doom our entire race to extinction.

We will always need human intervention one way or the other.

What I'm thinking about a revolutionary industry is either along the lines of a new energy resource, a massive boom in space based industry etc.

An spaced based industry would solve all the worlds problems at this point despite many people saying we have to fix problems first. Humans are at their best when kept busy. We are built for work.

There a re a few reasons why spaced based industries would work.

1. There is already a huge demand for space tourism even though it hasn't even started yet. There are billions already pre invested into it.

2. We are aware of elements and minerals in our solar system that we can harvest. With little effort we can have space based mining in full swing in decades. Plus it solves the problem of depleting energy and resources on the planet.

3. They are pretty sure that they have now found a planet that can sustain life, mars has water and the moon has frozen water. Conditions for sustainable colonies are looking more favourable with each passing month.

We basically have alot we can do up there now that companies can make a killing off of. Why this hasn't got started yet is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Text No that's not what I'm thinking.

Yeah,I knew that

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Text 2. We are aware of elements and minerals in our solar system that we can harvest. With little effort we can have space based mining in full swing in decades. Plus it solves the problem of depleting energy and resources on the planet. 3. They are pretty sure that they have now found a planet that can sustain life, mars has water and the moon has frozen water. Conditions for sustainable colonies are looking more favourable with each passing month.

I agree with those

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I read that the Federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour.

They must have raised it because back in 2000-2007 when i lived in the states there were jobs which paid $6 or $6.50 hour. Of course, this also meant you didn't have any health insurance either. It was better in Illinois and the states up North, but in the South $6.50 jobs were common.

It sounds like bizarro world.

It *IS* Bizarro world compared to Europe...people are living off credit and getting more and more into debt. If they get sick they cant afford health care, whole families can go bankrupt if something unforeseen might happen and they don't have insurance, of course.
The only one profiting....guess who...is BANKS. The more people in debt, the more the banks will profit.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Besides if we've learned anything from movies its that robots eventually get tired of our **** and try to either destroy or enslave us.

Damn robots. I don't trust them.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Skynet will get us for sure.

And when we make the artilects we will be obselete.

I think you are right

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Need help with your acne?

Do you like tv?

Would you have babies with Kim Kardasian?

Thanks to everyone for adding to the conversation hey.

I really think wage disparity is an issue everywhere. Especially in the US.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

All they need now is to teach robots how to analyze and react based on input and the space race is out of human hands as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

pretty close to making women obsolete too.
Getting realistic.

What if we all had a robot that we could send to work for us?That would be cool.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't agree with that assessment, do you know how intricate machinery and keeping it operational can get? It's actually a lot of work to keep them up and running and such...more specialized as well, making jobs more specialized and then there is still other things machines will never be able to do. Which people need to fill like Doctors. They can never be replaced either Nurses, so there's that. Lawyers we could live without, if we ended taxes we could do without CPA's too. Then there are still sports and music and art and dance many more people will do what they have the passion to do instead of menial work methinks.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I sure hope not. Boring.

Either way. If we don't find a way to reduce the amount of people on this planet through space colonization our only option is war, famine or disease. Or a combination of the three.

Its something we need to do
Our current course will not evolve us in any way.

This economic nonsense will continue until we are in the dark ages again. Its coming. The writing was on the wall years ago.

We have the technology to make it happen now. Lets do it already.

Of course the only bad part of this is sci-fi shows and NASA have both made the average person so uninterested in space exploration that most of the planet does t deem it important.

Not unless they start making reality TV space shows. Just think. A bunch of people living in an orbiting space hotel. Like big brother but in space. Lol, I can just see it now. Shows like lunar shore, survivor mars edition, Omicron idol.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I don't agree with that assessment, do you know how intricate machinery and keeping it operational can get? It's actually a lot of work to keep them up and running and such...more specialized as well, making jobs more specialized and then there is still other things machines will never be able to do. Which people need to fill like Doctors. They can never be replaced either Nurses, so there's that. Lawyers we could live without, if we ended taxes we could do without CPA's too. Then there are still sports and music and art and dance many more people will do what they have the passion to do instead of menial work methinks.

I am against a machine culture. You read it wrong lol.
Its irresponsible and dangerous to rely on this. I know.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I can see it now, "Bob you have been ejected"...capsule ejects and shoots toward Earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That's what I am saying I don't agree with for all the reasons I listed, there still needs to be human hands to make it operational, that's why I disagreed with your assessment in the first part of your post the remaining parts about other technologies, ie new energy resources, and space exploration/mining etc I agree with.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Agarta

Getting realistic.

What if we all had a robot that we could send to work for us?That would be cool.

Lol women obsolete?? Yeah as long as they don't program the damn things to talk back or nag then sure. Ill be done with real women for sure.

But seriously, some of the main goal of these Japanese robotics experts is to invent sex bots. They aren't afraid to hide this facts. Lets nit forget what kind of strange fetishes were born from their culture. Tentacles anyone?? Lol
edit on 11/12/9 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

reply to post by Agarta

Getting realistic.

Lol women obsolete?? Yeah as long as they don't program the damn things to talk back or nag then sure. Ill be done with real women for sure.

But seriously, some of the main goal of these Japanese robotics experts is to invent sex bots. They aren't afraid to hide this facts. Lets nit forget what kind of strange fetishes were born from their culture. Tentacles anyone?? Lol
edit on 11/12/9 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

Well there are machines already for that for women...which I will not name, but how's it any different for a man?
We have had our toys for awhile now it's about time men got a better upgrade...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ha!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join