It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apostle John may still be alive walking the earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Could the second coming be his resurrection? Everyone would then be waiting for something that has already happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Perhaps you should go re-read that chapter. The "this generation" Christ was speaking about was not the audience in from of Him. It was the generation that would witness Israel become a nation again, or like Christ said, learn from the parable of the fig tree. ("Fig tree" = Israel in Biblical Eschatology)

Well, first of all you raise a very good point because from verses 32 to 33 Jesus is clearly talking about the signs of the end times. But I’m not sure what Jesus meant by the term, “this generation”. In our modern day vernacular, we think of a generation as being a family life span; somewhere in the region of 70-80 years or maybe even a century.

I was thinking about this last night and wondering if it simply means, a family generation. i.e. a generation in terms of a family lineage. In which case, Adam would be the beginning of the generation, and we would either be in the end or middle, depending on how you view the end time prophecies.

It all depends on how you view the phrase “this generation”. So while I don’t know if the OP is correct, I still think it could be a possibility.

- JC

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 0cryptic0truth0

No, I haven't seen that film, is the theory presented there? I guess I am going to have to go find it and watch the movie..I am pretty sure I read that particular theory on another conspiracy type website...It was so long ago I don't remember where I saw that...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000Is John still alive?
What does the holy spirit tell you?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join