It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Voters Would Consider an Alternative Presidential Ticket in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I came across a site called 'AmericansElect 2012. The words "Pick a President,not a Party" are the first thing you see on the site.They have a poll showing that 80% of voters would consider an alternative presidential ticket in the upcoming election. Americans Elect is a nonpartisan nonprofit whose only mission is to let the American people directly nominate their choice for president. The site seems to be a great idea--

ANY REGISTERED VOTER can sign up and become a delegate. And you can still vote in your party's primary.
A NONPARTISAN TICKET on the 2012 ballot. Americans Elect finalists must choose a VP from a party other than their own.
AN EQUAL VOTE for every voter—no matter what party you belong to or the date of your state's primary.
www.americanselect.org...
I think there are alot of surprises in store. Ron Paul told Chris Wallace on Fox News that he will not run as an independant if he loses the gop. I believe him. So the substantial support that Ron Paul enjoys may be on offer to an independant. Alot could happen between now and the election,a Ross Peroit type independant could pop up, OWS could form a party or endorse an independant.

If Paul fails to win the gop it will create the perfect conditions for a new political force to emerge.

Do you agree that we could see an Independant in 2012 with a legitimate chance of winning the election?

And does anyone know the exact deadline for Third Party and Independant candidates?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I cant seem to find the exact date of the deadline. Any help would be appreciated.

new topics

join