It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of God - Evidence that Cannot be Denied!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

A.(Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."
B.(Ezekiel 18:20) - "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."

When we were under the yolk of sin and the law, our master was what mastered us. We could not be the master of sin by our works. This was the purpose of the yolk and burden. Education was the purpose. Remember, "You must be born again." It's not an option.

The law was a guardian for us. We pay to learn. God said it in Genesis 3. We took from the tree of knowledge and we pay the price for what we take in toil.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When we express our faith, we move form the mastery of law to the mastery of Christ fulfilling the law in our place. According to the laws of Jubilee, only a kinsmen could redeem the one in bondage. We become bond-servants to Christ. This is why Paul referred to himself as a bond-servant of Christ in Romans 1. We must reveal our faith by works. Works are a by-product of our faith and reveal our service to the master we choose. Service to sin is service to Satan. Service to God, in loving-kindness to others, representing our duty to God. Our faith produces the fruit of the spirit, leading to the tree of life. The flaming sword of Genesis protects this tree by cutting away our pride first. Only in humility will faith be revealed. The moral bridge must be crossed. Between the literal word and the spiritual understanding, we stand on either side by our choices to reveal our master.

Romans 1

1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

Romans also has much to say about those who mock the evidence left.

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

edit on 4-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by SuperiorEd

In order to accept the bible as evidence of anything, one first needs to agree that the book is the actual word of the actual "God" described in the book. If we, however, do not believe that the bible is the infallible word of God, then your argument really has no legs. It's funny, in order to accept this "proof" of God's existence, one must already believe in the existence of the God who authored said proof.

I agree. The Word of God is on three levels. It is first understood by the literal and concrete level. This is represented by the actual events as they happen. The second level is the moral level. This is what the stories represent to us in reflection against our own understanding of right and wrong. The third level is the spiritual (abstract) level of value and not merely sight. Before getting to a true understanding, being in alignment and unity with God, a person must cross the moral bridge between. This requires living and working in the vineyard. There is, of course, a parable here.

Matthew 20 Audio

The point of the parable--I suggest you listen to it rather than read--is to reveal this truth. We are all working in the vineyard as servants to God or servants to ourselves (Satan). The point is this: The first are last and the last are first, but all receive the same wage in the end.

If you put yourself first in pride against God, God will come after the lost sheep. It might make you last to get out of the vineyard, but Jesus reminds us, "You must be born again." Freedom comes at the cost of our humility before God. If you put yourself last in humility, you are the first to see salvation from the work. Choices make the master we serve.

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Realize that there is a final judgment from God when our works are repaid and the master we served is revealed by our profit or our loss. Christ offers the price of redemption. We are then bonded to Him as God intends for us. A new master, on who loves us as a kinsmen, is provided. Abram was Abraham for his faith. He was willing to sacrifice his own son. In the end, a replacement was used and Abraham received his Son back. In our case, the replacement is the sin being transferred from Christ to the ones who it is truly owed to. Satan and his Angles. Man is free at this point. Who do we follow as master? This becomes the question.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
You obviously went to a lot of work on this. Those choosing not to listen can try closing their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears to see on Judgement day if that helps. I don't know how you got your figures nor am I interested in verifying. But the end result is still the same.
edit on 4-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

Many people before me have done these studies. The Psalms references are easy to see. Psalms 48 is the prophecy of the restoration. Psalms 14 is WWI. All Psalms represent years form 1901 - 2050. We cannot know the day and hour. We may very well be able to know the year. Which of the seven years will see Christ return? After the 7? Before? Tomorrow? We don't know. We can see the tribulation easily from Psalms 112-118. We can see history gearing up for 2015. Too many examples to deny.

1948 + 71.1 is shortly after 2018. This is enough time for a generation. Do some math. The earth circles the galaxy in 26000 years. Divide this number by the degrees of the circle. You get 72.22222. Take this and divide by the years of men (365.25) and you get 71.1. Either way, we see a generation in another place.

Read the prophecy of Enoch I. The fallen angles were given 70 generations. 70 X 72.222 is 5055. I previously calculated by 70, equaling 4900. Either way, we see our day and age revealed.

Read the Epistle of Barnabas, outside of the Bible.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Adam to Abraham = 2000 years
Abraham to Jesus = 2000 years
Jesus to today = 2000 years

Jesus said, "If those days were not cut short, no flesh would survive."

How short? Only God knows.

The last day is a day of rest. The 1000 reign of Christ. Is it odd that Psalm 119 is a recounting of the Hebrew letters and a praise to God? Everything after is a new degree of praise.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You obviously went to a lot of work on this. Those choosing not to listen can try closing their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears to see on Judgement day if that helps. I don't know how you got your figures nor am I interested in verifying. But the end result is still the same.

They didn't do any work on this. A brief search on google show this as being part of the evangelical toolkit.

I can only find the date of 606 BC as the date of Babylon taking over Judah on web sites referring to this math. Other sites, even Christian and bible study sites reference anything from 609 to 597. In addition, you have to make the 70 years of control by Babylon count twice (why subtract the 70 years of rule by Babylon if you are going to start the 7X punishment at the same time the 70 years starts?)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

They didn't do any work on this. A brief search on google show this as being part of the evangelical toolkit.

I can only find the date of 606 BC as the date of Babylon taking over Judah on web sites referring to this math. Other sites, even Christian and bible study sites reference anything from 609 to 597. In addition, you have to make the 70 years of control by Babylon count twice (why subtract the 70 years of rule by Babylon if you are going to start the 7X punishment at the same time the 70 years starts?)

LINK WIKIPEDIA 606 BC

Watchman Bible Study 606 BC

PDF

Countless Others LINK

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point. The only people that I was able to find that claim 606 BC as the fall of Judah are those that reference this math bit that you have illustrated. (BTW, the wiki timeline you posted mentions nothing about babylon and judah in 606)

To add to this:

The second key is to understand that in Jewish reckoning any part of a year can count as a full year. By this reckoning, then, the year beginning in the fall of the year we designate as 606 B.C. on our calendar system would be counted as the first year of the captivity ­ even though the Jews were captive only a short period of the year ­ because Daniel was taken before that year had ended on the Jewish calendar in September of 605 B.C.

In this light, the 70th, or ending year, began 69 years later in the fall of the year we now designate as 537 B.C., during the first year of the reign of Cyrus. The ending point for the 70 years seems to be at the Feast of Tabernacles (see Ezra 3:4), which was celebrated in Jerusalem in the fall only two weeks after the year had begun. That two-week period, however, was enough to extend the captivity into its 70th year, which would end for the Jews in the fall of the year we now designate as 536 B.C.

Counting a small part of the year as a year, then, is the way the Jews would have reckoned the captivity from 605 B.C. to 537 B.C. as 70 years.

www.johnpratt.com...

Which means that counting full years (365.25) in your math is erroneous.
edit on 12-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Flawed anyhow because the usage of B.C and A.D didn't come into use until about the year 800 anyhoo.

So unless "God" had predicted the changed in calendars and ammended the whole shebang the calculations are wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Thank you for proving my point. The only people that I was able to find that claim 606 BC as the fall of Judah are those that reference this math bit that you have illustrated. (BTW, the wiki timeline you posted mentions nothing about babylon and judah in 606)

To add to this:

The second key is to understand that in Jewish reckoning any part of a year can count as a full year. By this reckoning, then, the year beginning in the fall of the year we designate as 606 B.C. on our calendar system would be counted as the first year of the captivity ­ even though the Jews were captive only a short period of the year ­ because Daniel was taken before that year had ended on the Jewish calendar in September of 605 B.C.

In this light, the 70th, or ending year, began 69 years later in the fall of the year we now designate as 537 B.C., during the first year of the reign of Cyrus. The ending point for the 70 years seems to be at the Feast of Tabernacles (see Ezra 3:4), which was celebrated in Jerusalem in the fall only two weeks after the year had begun. That two-week period, however, was enough to extend the captivity into its 70th year, which would end for the Jews in the fall of the year we now designate as 536 B.C.

Counting a small part of the year as a year, then, is the way the Jews would have reckoned the captivity from 605 B.C. to 537 B.C. as 70 years.

www.johnpratt.com...

Which means that counting full years (365.25) in your math is erroneous.
edit on 12-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

So your foundation rests on the difference of one year? I give credit for God. This is too astounding to even realize by us. It was foreknowledge of what a king would do to the year. As things normally go, there is an error somewhere that is man's fault and not Gods.

Jeremiah said the Babalonian rule would be 70 years. Reference

Believers, including myself, often point out that the book of Daniel states that there was an earlier taking of captives from Judah to Babylon, in either 605 BC or 606 BC, depending on which source of information is used. And, the believers often point out that although Cyrus conquered Babylon in 539 BC, he didn't release the Jews until the following year, in 538 BC or even 537 BC. And some believers have assigned the actual year in which the Jews of Babylon did begin to return to Judah was 537 BC or 536 BC. Using the two extremes as the starting and ending points, one could arrive at a 70-year span. But, in my opinion, none of this is even necessary because Jeremiah never said that the captivity would last 70 years. He only said that Babylonian rule would last 70 years.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm glad you find comfort in all of this my friend, but unfortunately it doesn't prove a gosh darn thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Sigh..............'Superior' band teacher please show why anyone should take the bible as truth, for anything, then you can c+p your customary bible passages as proof of your particular god and collect your nobel peace prize

Mathematics is the language of the universe and he just used math to prove God's existence and that whats in the bible is real.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Fascinating. See? Zecharia was right on the money. You came to the same conclusion i did about 2018, but you did it alot harder than me
. Good post and very informative.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Im constantly amazed by the ignorance of people that attempt to condem Jesus by quoting a parable...

If you don't understand what a parable is... and what it was for, don't use it in your posts...

It makes you look like an moron...

Its like quoting Lord of the Rings as factual history without understanding its a story book.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The God of Israel Is Real....faithbrother.calm don't need to argue with non believer

they won't bother to pick up a bible their blood be on their own head.
edit on 1-3-2013 by skydancer22 because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by yourboycal2
lol you can't be using a bible as proof there are too many errors ,

besides i would never subscribe to a bible that has this in it .

luke 19:27

This was a parable. Nothing more.

Its the beauty of the bible , you can cheery pick what you like , toss it as literal , or a metaphor , or parables .

No holds bar with the bible anything goes you can paint your own rosey picture of it . 1000's of interpertations lol

Thanks god for making it so confusing and being able to cherry pick our own conclusions

God if your up there , why don't you come down and show me what the truth is instead of going through such pains to hide your self.

Why give me a brain if you do not expect me to use it ? lol

WHy not make me intelligent of that as the animals? easier to follow blindly

God if your up there , why don't you come down and show me what the truth is instead of going through such pains to hide your self.

I want you to think about what you said. Really, think about it.

Here, let me help you.

show me what the truth is

top topics

<< 1   >>

join