It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shoots down US drone – state TV

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Thank God you are not in a position to carry out your "pre-ventative" war.

Kind of an assumption on your part. But we'll go with it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Read this story if you still don't think they could take one over.

I'm more convinced than ever that they did just that.

www.wired.com...
edit on 13-12-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

And that story is more than 2 years old.
edit on 13-12-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Watching a footage isn't the same as taking over the craft. I heard about the encryption failure back then too. But that's still not the same as taking over the craft.

Allow me to explain.

Let's say you and I are on a library. Our monitors are on opposite ends. It is not that hard to steel your monitor footage, or get a two way plug and grab it. It's a bit more difficult to do this for the keyboard wire, because you will know right away when you can no longer type. And it's extremely difficult to do this to the mouse at the same time, and the person can use the mouse to change what the keyboard is using.

Now take this to the scale of the dozens of controls for a craft, it's footage, and its control station. Each of these have different controllers, different way points, and different signals. It may be quite easy to grab the footage from the camera, because that is raw data. It's not the same for the controls, which are specific for the craft. Nor is it the same for the systems themselves.

It's no different than going to a street camera and splicing the wire for the camera so you can see it. You cannot as easily change where the camera is pointing, or take over the mainframe of the controller.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You still don't get it.

The virus they all have is a keylogger, they already have the passwords and codes.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You still don't get it.

If someone had a key logger for my stuff, that wouldn't give them full access yet. They would need the right machine, otherwise there would be lag. They would need the right understanding of the controls. And what with the constant stream of mistranslated stuff from Iran, I doubt that would be so easy. You would also need a conversion program to whatever system your computer is on to whatever system theirs was.

Breaking in is just one step in a long line to take full control.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well they wouldn't nessescarly need full control, or be able to replacate the control input from the user stations back at CIA.

The easiest solution is often the best, change the home location. when the drone goes to RTB. it lands at your base, not the cia base.

might crash land since it won't know the layout of your airstrip, who knows.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Coppertone because: sd

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

You still don't get it.

If someone had a key logger for my stuff, that wouldn't give them full access yet. They would need the right machine, otherwise there would be lag. They would need the right understanding of the controls. And what with the constant stream of mistranslated stuff from Iran, I doubt that would be so easy. You would also need a conversion program to whatever system your computer is on to whatever system theirs was.

Breaking in is just one step in a long line to take full control.

You watch too many movies, real life is not that complicated, or secure.

The control electronics for these are off the shelf parts,

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Actually no. According to movies you are right. According to reality, it is actually that complex. Complicated it is not. Simply complex. Different things.

Sorry, but this is how electronics work. And while I do not claim to be an expert in electronics, I certainly have more experience if I know these things.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If this doesn't convince you that you are wrong nothing will.

www.csmonitor.com...

Good luck either way, because I'm done with you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Why should I trust the perpetrator? This is the least valid proof, not the most.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join