It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Universal Nature of Truth???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think universal truth is reality itself and life as it is, prior to any sort of judgement or catagorization, and it is therefore without description, but is nevertheless both real and present or there wouldn't be anything at all and we would not be even having this conversation. Universal truth is then the triumph of what is, over what is not. It is. This is, I am, you are, God is (the everything everywhere already always). God is universal truth, because God is the absolute objective reality within which everything is contained. The universal truth is that nothing is missing, with everything that is, included. To us, it's just being without any judgement. It is the space between thoughts in the eternally unfolding present moment of now, since what is now is all there is. We know it, but we can't describe it, nevertheless it is available to us as a present reality, both outwardly and inwardly, as the felt experience of presence.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
the following isn't a "sermon" but something I thought to be of value in trying to come to grips with the question presented in the OP.

John 4
Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
1 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.
4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

"I am the way, the truth and the life."

The truth is, imho, that we are like a sphere within a sphere, and the truth is all that's left over when everything we thought we knew, presumed or filtered within our narrowing reality tunnel, must be discarded in the field of absolute uncertainty. Truth comes as an experience, when everything that is unreal is discarded in the light of life as the awareness of God as the highest reality, and with our own experience functioning as an opportunity for deep, intimate, participative sharing or "koinonia". It is communion, but not the one placed on tongues by priests of the Roman Catholic Church (catholic means universal).

When we give up, even on everything that's "close but no cigar", the universal truth is a cosmic joke at the end of time, it is enjoyable, happy, a celebration and an experience of joy, when we die to self, and are reborn to God from above, that's the truth.

"I am the truth and the life".

It's an "I AM" type phenomenon, and so much more, the outer sphere of which, still present, beckons us on, into an eternal exploration of it's heights and depths, for the sake of a mutual experience of love and experience in eternity, as the inheritance prepared for us from the time before time.

"What is "the truth", asked Pilate, almost rhetorically, as he nervously washed his hands in a bowl of water.

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We cannot talk about it. We can only become it as a work in progress.

Merry Christmas!

NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
the following isn't a "sermon" but something I thought to be of value in trying to come to grips with the question presented in the OP.

John 4
Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
1 Now Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that he was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although in fact it was not Jesus who baptized, but his disciples. 3 So he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.
4 Now he had to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

"I am the way, the truth and the life."

The truth is, imho, that we are like a sphere within a sphere, and the truth is all that's left over when everything we thought we knew, presumed or filtered within our narrowing reality tunnel, must be discarded in the field of absolute uncertainty. Truth comes as an experience, when everything that is unreal is discarded in the light of life as the awareness of God as the highest reality, and with our own experience functioning as an opportunity for deep, intimate, participative sharing or "koinonia". It is communion, but not the one placed on tongues by priests of the Roman Catholic Church (catholic means universal).

When we give up, even on everything that's "close but no cigar", the universal truth is a cosmic joke at the end of time, it is enjoyable, happy, a celebration and an experience of joy, when we die to self, and are reborn to God from above, that's the truth.

"I am the truth and the life".

It's an "I AM" type phenomenon, and so much more, the outer sphere of which, still present, beckons us on, into an eternal exploration of it's heights and depths, for the sake of a mutual experience of love and experience in eternity, as the inheritance prepared for us from the time before time.

"What is "the truth", asked Pilate, almost rhetorically, as he nervously washed his hands in a bowl of water.

edit on 3-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

very interesting point of view i like it ty for your observation every persons opinion is helping me see a broader spectre here

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

May I please have a blue star then if you liked it (upper left corner of post).

Btw, welcome!

It can get a little lonely in here sometimes and it's so nice to see an enthusiastic newcomer like you. You belong here, and that's the truth.

Best Regards,

NAM

But you can call me Rob if you like, or Bob. (we can't really hide our true identity in the final analysis).

"To thine own self be true."
~ Shakespear

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

The universal nature of truth is one that cannot be defined by words. Truth is what is and no one can honestly say they can define what that is. The truth can only be observed when the mind is quiet and not creating its own conceptual interpretation of what is seen. When the mind is quiet, there is no label available for association. And only when the mind is free from preconceptual labels can the mind see what is actually there for what it actually is. When the truth is seen, you will know it is the truth because you won't know what to call it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In every lie there's an element of truth, but within the truth there are no lies. Every belief is a facet on the gem of truth.

There is an Ultimate Truth, but only one. The very nature of the word 'truth' implies there can only be one. Just because we can not grasp it with our brains or our senses, which themselves are only tools with limitations, does not mean it does not exist.

Originally posted by dontreally

While man can't know God, on his own, God can and does make himself known to man. This poses an issue for many religious because there appears to be more then one revelation, and thus a 'relativism' of a sorts, where one universal truth applies to one group of people, which is like an atomized version of the whole, while another will have a totally different revelation. The only way to resolve such a contradiction is to accept the paradoxical essence that is God. He can make two things live together. And so can we, by being tolerant.

You can get to know yourself as God knowing himself as you. As above, so below.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
One thing that is true is that you are not living your life. God is living your life.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The universal nature of Truth (concerning the only possible direct association a human being can have with it) is that it has the same relationship with Fact that Perception has with Reality. Fact is definable and is an objective informational quantity that is directly associated what brought it into physical existence - a definable change event, whereas Truth can only be directly associated with the specific perception that has determined it and has actively promoted it as being factual and immutable, when - in fact - it is a perception-centric subjective informational quantity.

We human beings (I include all intellect producing dynamic entities in my own definition of human being) are completely alone in our capacity for perception authoring, and yet you'd think - by scrolling through the Metaphysics literature that litters the Internet - that Universal Truth is a sophisticated existential staple that we can address and maybe even express in the same manner that we regularly address and express Survival imperative expressions like Competition, Association, and inimitable Identity. Relative truth - sure - but even then our incapacity to do anything but translate perception seriously cripples us when it comes to accurately assessing even the sort of fleeting truth that exists at our own incidental level of existence.

"It's true that if I slap Donald Trump's hairpiece off his head, that I'll get beaten to a bloody stump by 5 no-neck bones breakers." - as truth - is a long way from "It's true (now that reality has been initiated and established) that all that exists as dynamic must be brought into existence by way of event trajectory causal initiation, and then developed within its own unique matrix of associated event trajectories to a point of that matrix being dependably redundant within, while malleable and unpredictable relative to the reality confine that hosts it.", but this is the basic difference between incidental-level relative truth, and what may approach the primordial level of a Universal Truth. One is affectable by circumstance, and the other probably isn't.

I believe in a specific set of existential tenets that - as a suite of immutable requirements - combine to establish a primordial recipe for the establishment and preservation of successful physical reality, and I generally refer to it as Truth. That said, this "Truth" refers to something that is extremely primitive, and is only relevant to the substructure of physical existence, even though it sets the requirements for what is established as true for progressive levels of physical existence. In essence, it's what works, and reality promotes what works to all progressive levels of physical expression (evolution is a pretty good epitome-level example of this fact) by default. Ultimate Truth - therefore, if it does exist in any sense of what the popular definition suggests - can only be extremely primordial, and extremely sparse in specific details. It certainly wouldn't rise to the level of a definable philosophy or list of specific demands presented by a being possessing dynamic, aware consciousness.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes, it cannot be conceptualized or given any description, yes it can be known by experience, and is always present.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The universal nature of truth is 'this'.
'This', whatever is happening presently.
'This' is all there is.
Out of this 'this' images grow into a world that does not exist.
'This' is 'now'.
The time is now.
You are now.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Experience and Understanding

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

no, that is ur nature not truth, if i would play ur game i would say, constancy growth

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If you are seeking the universal truth maybe Peter Brown can show you.
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There are many perceptions of what "truth" is. From a human's perspective, Truth(s) that I 'hope' exist throughout the universe are: Love, Compassion, Courage, Respect, Hope...

When your in your deepest despair, lowest low, darkest pit... and then to rise out of that, slowly making your path along the way, the path itself is truth and is much more satisfying than looking and searching for truth. Then you can appreciate what it is to exist, to feel emotions, to be human.

I want to have something to fight for, to protect, and to love. That is the truth.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things." - Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
There are many perceptions of what "truth" is. From a human's perspective, Truth(s) that I 'hope' exist throughout the universe are: Love, Compassion, Courage, Respect, Hope...

When your in your deepest despair, lowest low, darkest pit... and then to rise out of that, slowly making your path along the way, the path itself is truth and is much more satisfying than looking and searching for truth. Then you can appreciate what it is to exist, to feel emotions, to be human.

I don't know that Truth would be the best word to use to represent what you've stated here. Maybe Success is the better word? A complex carbohydrate - which exists, and is therefore subjective to the same universal truth (if it does exist) as we humans are - can't express Love, Compassion, Courage, Respect, or Hope. These qualities are severely lacking among human being as well, so they can't be universal in nature. They're rare and wonderful. Achievements, if anything.

Just my own understanding of the implications inherent when the word "universal" is applied to any noun as a qualification.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Truth doesn't change, a few universal truths can show you examples of other truths, light/dark, gravity/anti-gravity, etc.

Man's truth changes over the years, we once thought we were the center of the universe, literally. Man then upgraded their truth, center of the solar system, the solar system must be the center of the universe, and so on.

The wisdom of man is proven ignorance with time, that alone is a truth.

Columbus had a theory that the spherical earth was smaller than was the common belief, he had a small-world theory, not a round vs flat theory, it was already common knowledge that the earth was round, he wanted to find a faster route to the other side of the earth, but should have already known about the American continent because of Amerigo Vespucci, anyways this is an example of how a truth can so easily be forgotten and corrupted, this alone is a truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah, it's more of a hopeful thing to think those qualities exist elsewhere in the universe.

There are simple universal truths like sacred geometry, mathematics, and energy. Not as exciting, but truthful and all three can be used as a way to communicate. Very important.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

just learned how i gave you a blue star ty!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah, it's more of a hopeful thing to think those qualities exist elsewhere in the universe.

There are simple universal truths like sacred geometry, mathematics, and energy. Not as exciting, but truthful and all three can be used as a way to communicate. Very important.

if you want something energetitc, sacred and exciting you should check out advanced tetrahedral physics!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join