It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Colbe is following channelings WarminIndy. While he would condemn the Pagan for doing that as being occult he himself is listening to messages from someone he refers to as the "Messenger."

Its best to just ignore Colbe entirely.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You will not see...until you ARE able to look at all of the past cultures and beliefs and see how they DO tie together, they do seed each other, and that they all do hold reason and purpose. Each belief to each culture and people had its place for them and their time.

We still are at a place of being where many still need to make a man god and continue supporting that blood sacrifice is some sort of divine thing. Its not a mistake...for where ever one is in their 'being' and awareness is what is needed for them at that time.

Jesus showed us several things that are right in front of our eyes but we seem to only read the surface of it.

There are several other stories that one needs to observe before seeing all that Jesus understood.

He did not intend to be a blood sacrifice...for he did not feel that blood sacrifice was of a divine nature. A blood sacrifice is what the people waited for and they then used him to be such.

Jesus said to pick up our own cross. He put a stop to the selling of animals at the temple. He tried to show that heaven is not out there somewhere and that there is something within us that has worth. That within, we find the kingdom.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by colbe

I am Pentecostal and have heard the words given in exactly the same manner before. But what this person has done is say a blanket prophecy that is common sense. Of course we have to know how we vote, this is nothing new. I think someone may have indeed heard from the Lord, but thousands of people have also heard this very things for a long time.

This may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. But the person giving the prophecy should not be anonymous. Just to say "a messenger" could mean anyone, including you. Evangelical fundamentals have been saying this same thing for a long time. You mean it is just now getting around to Chicago?

I appreciate your reply. Some prophets desire to be "anonymous" and some at
the request of Our Lord.

We've heard it and know Christ's teaching on life, yes, it's not new. God decides life always. There can be no exception on abortion, it's not a baby if it's rape, it's not a baby if it's incest, or a baby if disabled physically or mentally.

That's the true Christian teaching and look how far away our country has gone,
Catholics too. BHO was voted into office when his past record shows he approved, voted for killing a child that survives an abortion! He has increased abortion since he has been in office at every turn. Obama did away with George Bush's restriction on the sale of the "abortion pill" to those under 18. And the latest, BHO wanted to put the "abortion pill" for sale over the counter without prescription! He was stopped by guess who, surprise, surprise....Kathleen Sebelius.

Our Lord is reminding us, don't do it again America.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

"Goddess" identifies something false. God is not a woman.

And now colbe, the great biblical scholar will prove this to us all, correct? Ever hear of the "Venus of Willendorf?"

She is 30,000 years old! A few years older than Christianity, I believe. And the image of Our Mother God reasserted itself in the Christian world with many of the symbols and titles associated with the pagan Goddess figures in the form of Mary. And what about Ashtoreth? Ashtoreth is mentioned three times in scripture, in 1 Kings 11:5 & 33, 2 Kings 23:13. The phrase “the Queen of Heaven” appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. Surely a bible person such as yourself has seen these passages? And what of the Sumerian fertility goddess Inanna, (Babylonian Ishtar, origin of Easter) The name Inanna literally means “Queen of Heaven.” The corresponding Babylonian goddess Ishtar was qualified in the Akkadian texts by the epithets “Queen of the Heavens” and “Queen of the Heavens and of the Stars.”

Throughout history, Isis and various forms of goddess worship has played a significant role in our world’s religious and cultural makeup. Today, goddess veneration is still very much alive and well, and images of the goddess–in various forms–can be identified in every state and province.

Inscribed in the temple of Isis; "I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; No mortal man hath ever me unveiled. The fruit which I have brought forth is the ‘SUN’."

Isis is the "divine mother" of ancient Egypt. She was known as the great goddess of magic and "universal nature," and used her powers to raise her dead (and dismembered) husband Osiris back to life (Osiris was represented as the Sun, he also ruled the underworld).

As "Virgin of the World," Isis birthed Horus, the Egyptian god of the sun and moon, day and night. Metaphorically speaking, Isis is the celestial mother of the Sun (son) of god.

It was her son, Horus, who eventually killed Typhon, the Egyptian devil. And, according to legend, Isis–mother of all–remains eternally virgin. She is often portrayed "as the virgin with child," and is regularly depicted as one crowned with a lunar orb and the horns of a bull.
Isis: "Queen of Heaven"

It is true that the MEN who were running the Church tried everything, including Murder, to stamp out all forms of Goddess worship. Over one million women and men died at the hands of the Priests in this bloodbath that spread across Europe. Even in Early America a witch craze caused the deaths of human beings.

Look around yourself at Earth. Every living thing is both male and female. Everything. As above, so below. I know the Goddess is real, I have felt her Divine Presence many times, and She is the one who provides everything for us, Mother Earth, not some sky god. On her skin we live, her water we drink, her abundance we eat. Her beauty we behold. The Father is Power, the Mother is Love. A balance is struck. Upset the balance, you destroy the Earth.

I will end with this: I was born of Woman. I passed through the waters of Woman. I was brought forth from the birth canal of Woman. How did you come into the World, from the lions of a man? Just asking.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Colbe is following channelings WarminIndy. While he would condemn the Pagan for doing that as being occult he himself is listening to messages from someone he refers to as the "Messenger."

Quit with your personal attack would you please. no one was speaking to you.
I say "Messenger" to mean prophet, to mean seer or visionary.

Discern the "message" given the "messenger." The Triune God speaks to every
generation.

LunaKat, your "channeling" is a New Age term.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe you ARE listening to channelings. I was speaking to WarminIndy. But to prove how wrong you are, you used the same terms those who listen to any kinds of channeling use. They also listen to prophets, seers and visionaries. You have said nothing different.

Personal attack? You crack me up Colbe. Who on this forum HAVEN'T you attacked and told was going to hell or implied they were???? Hmmm?? Save yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by colbe

"Goddess" identifies something false. God is not a woman.

And now colbe, the great biblical scholar will prove this to us all, correct? Ever hear of the "Venus of Willendorf?"

She is 30,000 years old! A few years older than Christianity, I believe. And the image of Our Mother God reasserted itself in the Christian world with many of the symbols and titles associated with the pagan Goddess figures in the form of Mary. And what about Ashtoreth? Ashtoreth is mentioned three times in scripture, in 1 Kings 11:5 & 33, 2 Kings 23:13. The phrase “the Queen of Heaven” appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. Surely a bible person such as yourself has seen these passages? And what of the Sumerian fertility goddess Inanna, (Babylonian Ishtar, origin of Easter) The name Inanna literally means “Queen of Heaven.” The corresponding Babylonian goddess Ishtar was qualified in the Akkadian texts by the epithets “Queen of the Heavens” and “Queen of the Heavens and of the Stars.”

Throughout history, Isis and various forms of goddess worship has played a significant role in our world’s religious and cultural makeup. Today, goddess veneration is still very much alive and well, and images of the goddess–in various forms–can be identified in every state and province.

Inscribed in the temple of Isis; "I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; No mortal man hath ever me unveiled. The fruit which I have brought forth is the ‘SUN’."

Isis is the "divine mother" of ancient Egypt. She was known as the great goddess of magic and "universal nature," and used her powers to raise her dead (and dismembered) husband Osiris back to life (Osiris was represented as the Sun, he also ruled the underworld).

As "Virgin of the World," Isis birthed Horus, the Egyptian god of the sun and moon, day and night. Metaphorically speaking, Isis is the celestial mother of the Sun (son) of god.

It was her son, Horus, who eventually killed Typhon, the Egyptian devil. And, according to legend, Isis–mother of all–remains eternally virgin. She is often portrayed "as the virgin with child," and is regularly depicted as one crowned with a lunar orb and the horns of a bull.
Isis: "Queen of Heaven"

It is true that the MEN who were running the Church tried everything, including Murder, to stamp out all forms of Goddess worship. Over one million women and men died at the hands of the Priests in this bloodbath that spread across Europe. Even in Early America a witch craze caused the deaths of human beings.

Look around yourself at Earth. Every living thing is both male and female. Everything. As above, so below. I know the Goddess is real, I have felt her Divine Presence many times, and She is the one who provides everything for us, Mother Earth, not some sky god. On her skin we live, her water we drink, her abundance we eat. Her beauty we behold. The Father is Power, the Mother is Love. A balance is struck. Upset the balance, you destroy the Earth.

I will end with this: I was born of Woman. I passed through the waters of Woman. I was brought forth from the birth canal of Woman. How did you come into the World, from the lions of a man? Just asking.

As you again make fun of me, Christ and His mother. Who cares about
pagan gods or how old they are. The point is we can know when Christ
came into the world. And we know who His mother is... It was prophesied
she would be a virgin...she is ever virgin. The promise her parents and she
mad to God as a child of 3. God respected that, in every way...literally.

Besides, can you not see the Holy Family might be holy? That the Incarnation
is special. God becomes man!!

Too much else to reply to autowrench., one for sure makes me smile, God is not "Mother Earth."

Talk to me directly, quit posting your insults in the third person.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The interesting thing about this thread is that the Jewish people do not accept Jesus as the Messiah. The reasons are never really talked about in Christianity or in Christian churches but they are there for anyone to see. Run a google search on why Jews don't accept Jesus. When you read the list, it becomes pretty obvious why not. I would agree with the Jews, he wouldn't look like the Messiah to me either.

I bring this up because that would make Christianity a false religion and wouldn't it be grouped under somewhat of a Pagan belief --by the Jews?
edit on 14-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I mean come on OP, Mithra ? Really ? Mithra ? What was your first clue ?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

You are correct. According to Strongs, Yahweh is defined as the Destroyer. He is a god of blood. Christ is of love. The jews went from animal sacrifice to human sacrifice. Mercy NOT sacrifice as Jesus would say. Those who follow bloodlust will get bloodlust. Those who kill with the sword, die by the sword. Satan and his followers are not omnipotent nor omniscient and are in competition with each other. Constantly skewing the Word of God and using it to slaughter. Call NO man father for there is only one. Although I don't believe God is male or female. Unfortunately catholic priests think people are to stupid to read the bible and tried to keep it out of peoples hands. They do not believe in personal responsibility hence a priest TAKES THE PLACE OF JESUS. That is blasphemy. Catholic churches are shrines to graven images and angel worship. Clear violations of the Decalogue that they preach! She is a whore, flee her, or drink from the cup of her licentiousness. Personal salvation and belief through Christ Jesus is the only way. And when following teachings, do they say "Paul said..." or do they say "Jesus said..."

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

As you again make fun of me, Christ and His mother. Who cares about pagan gods or how old they are. The point is we can know when Christ came into the world. And we know who His mother is... It was prophesied she would be a virgin...she is ever virgin. The promise her parents and she mad to God as a child of 3. God respected that, in every way...literally. Besides, can you not see the Holy Family might be holy? That the Incarnation is special. God becomes man!! Too much else to reply to autowrench., one for sure makes me smile, God is not "Mother Earth." Talk to me directly, quit posting your insults in the third person.

I could say the same, the Pagan Gods and Goddesses are real, pay no attention to the Christian God. That goes two ways. I am not trying to insult you, colbe, or making fun of you, just trying to educate you.

So, you imply that a fairly new religion is the only correct one, while all of the Ancient religions are then fake? And I suppose Christ killed off all of the old Gods and Goddesses then? Where in the New Testament does it say that? Can you provide proof that Christ was a real person, outside your little book?

I was addressing you in first person, you just fail to see it as such. Christianity is only 6000 years old, and as such, it is the newest of all religions. Some of the older religions are 45,000 years old. What is it, exactly, that makes them wrong in your eyes?
No one religion has all of the answers, no matter how much you would like for that to be so. My religion is one of Love, yours is one of Fear. Don't try to tell me different, I was there, where you are once, and many in here are of the same mind as you.

I might ask you a question about the Holy Family, not that you bring it up. Does the Holy Family consist of a Father, a Mother, and a Child, or, does it consist of three males? Three men do not make a family, friend. And no, the God of the Bible in not Mother Earth. Mother Earth has a consort, God the Father. He gives the power of the Sun, the most Ancient depiction of God, and she divides this power wisely among Her children. Arguing about it does not make it go away, friend, even the Inquisition and the power of the Church could not do that. You can try to assume power over women, and some will even let you, but not all.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StormingHeaven
reply to post by LunaKat

You are correct. According to Strongs, Yahweh is defined as the Destroyer. He is a god of blood. Christ is of love. The jews went from animal sacrifice to human sacrifice. Mercy NOT sacrifice as Jesus would say. Those who follow bloodlust will get bloodlust. Those who kill with the sword, die by the sword. Satan and his followers are not omnipotent nor omniscient and are in competition with each other. Constantly skewing the Word of God and using it to slaughter. Call NO man father for there is only one. Although I don't believe God is male or female. Unfortunately catholic priests think people are to stupid to read the bible and tried to keep it out of peoples hands. They do not believe in personal responsibility hence a priest TAKES THE PLACE OF JESUS. That is blasphemy. Catholic churches are shrines to graven images and angel worship. Clear violations of the Decalogue that they preach! She is a whore, flee her, or drink from the cup of her licentiousness. Personal salvation and belief through Christ Jesus is the only way. And when following teachings, do they say "Paul said..." or do they say "Jesus said..."

Hi StormingHeaven, That part about Yahweh is defined as the Destroyer is why I cannot get into Jesus. He's pushing a God I just can't follow. Too many people have died, too much destroyed for me to sit back and say weeell it doesn't really matter. It does matter --to me anyways. There is a destruction that is sometimes necessary...things in Nature for example. Like the Volcano erupts and Hawaii gains land (always just hope there are no people in the way). There are times when Nature's destruction ultimately is what leads to its growth. But this kind of destruction in the OT..no. Its just cruel and vicious and I can't follow any Messiah who is doing the work of that kind of God.

What you say about the Catholic Church is also true, put somewhat harshly but no less true really. I attended Catholic schools so I know what you're talking about.

One of the manifestations of the Goddess is as Mother Earth. She has sustained us, given us all that we need to survive and we have plundered Her terribly and She may not be there for future generations if we don't take care of Her. That is another part of the church that is troubling. There is no respect for the Earth as our Mother. Lot of women hatred in the Church.

But this brings me around to the last part you wrote about. You were describing mainly laws of man in regards to God and rules of God to man. Then you said "She is a whore, flee her...." Any idea why the sudden gender change?

edit on 14-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I need to provide Evidence that the Bible is full of stories?

So you really believe that talking Snakes, Bearded guys in the sky, people being made out of clay doesnt point to the Bible being full of fairy tales. The Bible has been proven wrong time and time again and thats because the Bible doesnt have any basis in fact. Whats Evidence do YOU have that anything in the Bible is Factual?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Lunakat, I think Colbe is. The problem with people like that is they forget that God gave us a choice to worship Him or not. Yes, we have the Ten Commandments and the first is that we should have no other gods before Him. But that command was given if we chose to be in covenant with Him. If a person chooses not to be in covenant with Him, then they can choose whatever god they want. Let me give an example...

Joshua 24

14Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. 15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. 16And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; 17For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed: 18And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God. 19And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. 20If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good. 21And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD. 22And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the LORD, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses. 23Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the LORD God of Israel. 24And the people said unto Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.

Joshua recognized they could choose, but if they chose the Lord then they were expected to follow Him. Joshua did not say they would be killed for not doing so if it was their choice. If we say our God is God, then we should live it so people can see the example that we are. It is not good enough to just say it, we have to show it and we have to show it in a way that is pleasing to our God. I really believe that God is there in times people need Him, whether they choose Him or not. Think of people that have children who are deathly ill, they pray to God. That is something in humans to desire the divine. But we are also supposed to pray for people who do not know God, we are to pray for children whose parents do not believe the way we do. It is pleasing to God if we love people enough to overlook their differences and love them anyway.

What does it matter to me if you choose another god? I do not live with your conscience, I do not live with your choice. Yes, we do indeed evangelize, but that evangelism should be done without greedy motives or harmful intentions. If we believe the Bible, we should remember the verse that says if they do not want to hear it, we are to walk away. Going out in the highways and bi-ways does not mean drag them in, but show them life is better by bringing them along, if they are willing. If they are not willing, then love them anyway and move on.

Mother Theresa may be the most modern example of love with servitude and Christian charity. Whatever happened to Christian charity anyway? It seems there were some here who were victims of the refusal to show Christian charity. I am very sorry for that, because people who need charity are denied, and Christians need to know they will be accountable for not only not saying the truth, but not showing the truth by their lives. Testimony is one thing, living it is another.

Lunakat and Autowrench, all I can say is this, you have made your choice and I respect that, because it is your choice to make. I have charity enough to accept you have made it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

I need to provide Evidence that the Bible is full of stories?

So you really believe that talking Snakes, Bearded guys in the sky, people being made out of clay doesnt point to the Bible being full of fairy tales. The Bible has been proven wrong time and time again and thats because the Bible doesnt have any basis in fact. Whats Evidence do YOU have that anything in the Bible is Factual?

You brought the charge, now prove it. If we were in court and you were the one who would say this, it would be up to you to provide the evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WarminIndy, thank you. We are to respect each others choices and you certainly do that. I respect your choice to follow Jesus as well even though like you, I have differences about that as I'm sure you have with my choice as well. But we are able to discuss things nicely. The only thing a person really has is their own soul and the only thing they can decide is what is right for them. When other Christians talk to me and ask most do respect when I say no. Someone else here doesn't and some within the Christian faith would say he is sinning by doing that. So again thank you WarminIndy

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StormingHeaven
reply to post by LunaKat

Those people also worshiped Moleck when they gave their children to the fire to be consumed. Moleck and Yaweh are not the same.

I can say I am not Catholic, but I grew up around Catholic people, I even went to my cousin's daughter's first communion, and I also attended my best friend's son's bar mitzvah. I got to light the 11th candle because it is the candle for friends. I was extremely honored to be able to take part in this ritual.

But in both these rites of passage, I could sense they were very honest and very reverent in their different faiths and because I was invited, it meant something honorable to me. They worship differently, but thought enough of me to invite me, and if people ask me why I went, I said "Because it is what Jesus would do". He was invited to the wedding in Cana, that was recorded of His first miracle. He made the water into wine, as a request of His mother. He had enough respect toward her that He did it, even though He told her it was not time yet.

When I think of Mary, I think of her not as a goddess, but as a woman favored and chosen by God to give birth to His Son. And why she was chosen, because she had found favor. That says something about her character, but also about the character of Joseph who willing chose to marry her anyway because he could have put her away privily, or without the witness of other people who could have easily stoned her to death. But he was a man of character, who chose to take care of her and the child he knew was not his. That is amazing to me and what makes them special to me.

That is why I think of Judaism as the mother faith, and respect Judaism for that. The Christians have become wild children and acted out in ways that brought shame to her. Some of those wild children even killed their mother. Honor thy mother and thy father, that is a commandment, and those children who killed their mother, have been held accountable.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

WarminIndy, thank you. We are to respect each others choices and you certainly do that. I respect your choice to follow Jesus as well even though like you, I have differences about that as I'm sure you have with my choice as well. But we are able to discuss things nicely. The only thing a person really has is their own soul and the only thing they can decide is what is right for them. When other Christians talk to me and ask most do respect when I say no. Someone else here doesn't and some within the Christian faith would say he is sinning by doing that. So again thank you WarminIndy

You are welcome and like I said before, if you ever decide to come back to this faith, you are more than welcome by me. Nothing would be said against you because it is your own conscience. We can still talk about it and hopefully I could show you that not all Christians are mean.

Like I said before, my brother is a practicing Wiccan and I still love him even though we may not agree on religion.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

All you have to do is read the book then look at the world for what it really is. What is said to be true in the Bible has been disproven by Logic and Science.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

WarminIndy, I know not all Christians are mean -- no worries
I'm just in a really good place with my spirituality and not looking to change it. I found so much healing in it and it really relates to my life as a woman and more. I'm Irish and so I have only to look to my own roots where my Grandparents came from to find a wonderful Goddess history right there in Ireland. I also love nature and my animals so I lean towards Goddesses and even Pan the God for inspiration and help there. And I really love some of the Hindu Goddesses like Tara which is known in Ireland as well, She is a Mother Goddess there. I just don't have to look far to find a real vein of rich and beautiful spirituality. To go back to what I grew up with seems so foreign to me now. Its not the land of my ancestors, their ways aren't our ways, I'd even look towards the Gods and Goddess of North America before choosing from Israel or that part of the world cause I have no connection to it. I'd choose from the land I walk on or where my ancestors walked first. Thats just me. That in no way means I expect anyone else to do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join