It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is NOT a copy from Pagan religions! Those are lies! Do research and do not believe!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
of course the birth, live and death of Christ was an absolute UNIQUE and SPECIAL event for human kind. And he wont be physically reborn again.
When Zeiteist claims he was just a kind of repetetive event through history this is absoluteley plasphemy.

proof? take a look into the astral plane, there u can see it.
cheers
edit on 3-12-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have read many NDE stories from people who claim to be athiest. The stories they tell of a beautiful place they went to .
A place they say words can`t describe, Shouldn`t they have gone to hell in the lake of fire?!!! I believe that for the most part the bible was put together to keep people in line. Don`t get me wrong morrels are a good thing, also helping your nieghbor. but there are things about the bible that don`t add up.

Why was it that jesus didn`t go to all the civilizations all over the world to tell the good news, and let the people hear from him first hand? Was it that only the people in the immediate area worthy of learning of this? JUST WONDERING

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Flavio Josephus..... ?

Julius Africanus ...?

Talo... ?

in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

Nero fastened the guilt . . . on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of . . . Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome. .

Evidence from Pliny the Younger

Another important source of evidence about Jesus and early Christianity can be found in the letters of Pliny the Younger to Emperor Trajan. Pliny was the Roman governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor. In one of his letters, dated around A.D. 112, he asks Trajan's advice about the appropriate way to conduct legal proceedings against those accused of being Christians.[8] Pliny says that he needed to consult the emperor about this issue because a great multitude of every age, class, and sex stood accused of Christianity.[9]

At one point in his letter, Pliny relates some of the information he has learned about these Christians:

They were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food--but food of an ordinary and innocent kind.[10]

This passage provides us with a number of interesting insights into the beliefs and practices of early Christians. First, we see that Christians regularly met on a certain fixed day for worship. Second, their worship was directed to Christ, demonstrating that they firmly believed in His divinity. Furthermore, one scholar interprets Pliny's statement that hymns were sung to Christ, as to a god, as a reference to the rather distinctive fact that, "unlike other gods who were worshipped, Christ was a person who had lived on earth."[11] If this interpretation is correct, Pliny understood that Christians were worshipping an actual historical person as God! Of course, this agrees perfectly with the New Testament doctrine that Jesus was both God and man.

Not only does Pliny's letter help us understand what early Christians believed about Jesus' person, it also reveals the high esteem to which they held His teachings. For instance, Pliny notes that Christians bound themselves by a solemn oath not to violate various moral standards, which find their source in the ethical teachings of Jesus. In addition, Pliny's reference to the Christian custom of sharing a common meal likely alludes to their observance of communion and the "love feast."[12] This interpretation helps explain the Christian claim that the meal was merely food of an ordinary and innocent kind. They were attempting to counter the charge, sometimes made by non-Christians, of practicing "ritual cannibalism."[13] The Christians of that day humbly repudiated such slanderous attacks on Jesus' teachings. We must sometimes do the same today.

Evidence from the Babylonian Talmud

There are only a few clear references to Jesus in the Babylonian Talmud, a collection of Jewish rabbinical writings compiled between approximately A.D. 70-500. Given this time frame, it is naturally supposed that earlier references to Jesus are more likely to be historically reliable than later ones. In the case of the Talmud, the earliest period of compilation occurred between A.D. 70-200.[20] The most significant reference to Jesus from this period states:

On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald . . . cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."

Let's examine this passage. You may have noticed that it refers to someone named "Yeshu." So why do we think this is Jesus? Actually, "Yeshu" (or "Yeshua") is how Jesus' name is pronounced in Hebrew. But what does the passage mean by saying that Jesus "was hanged"? Doesn't the New Testament say he was crucified? Indeed it does. But the term "hanged" can function as a synonym for "crucified." For instance, Galatians 3:13 declares that Christ was "hanged", and Luke 23:39 applies this term to the criminals who were crucified with Jesus.[22] So the Talmud declares that Jesus was crucified on the eve of Passover. But what of the cry of the herald that Jesus was to be stoned? This may simply indicate what the Jewish leaders were planning to do.[23] If so, Roman involvement changed their plans![24]

the term "hanged" a synonym for crucified source : Michael Gleghorn
edit on 3-12-2011 by ironsavior because: source

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How could I know this or have learned it?

I too must have seen his star in the sky.

Oh God how I love you Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, especially this Christmas for some reason.

The kingdom of heaven is still at hand, and folks the other one doesn't look too good to me either!

I guess some things never change, or can they still.. I think so, maybe even with a faith the size of nothing but a tiny seed. After all, maybe Jesus (Yeshua) actually knew precisely what he was talking about, could that be, that we can take him at his word?

Put him to the test as I have and you'll see.

I love you all, Merry Chrismas!

NAM

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There is a book I read:called conversations with God. If there is any book I choose to believe in it would be that one. It doesn't have contridictions all through it and instills the best parts of all the teachings of all religions throughout the world. The best part is he doesn't even claim to be talking to God or at least he doubts that he is. It could be on his mind but either way it's better than a Bible.

For those who are agnostic you should check it out. For those who are Christian it may offend you but you should still check it out.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
reply to post by arpgme

So what? Even if you are right, there is no proof that Jesus existed. A book isn't proof. No writings are proof. Seems like a waste of time even arguing about this. There is no proof he walked on water, etc.. There is nothing but a book. A BOOK. Scriptures. Writings.

If Jesus even existed, and walked on water, this isn't logical. Might as well believe in Santa Clause. He was most likely an extraterrestrial using advanced technology. That is the most logical and realistic explanation for his abilities. The other option is that he never really did those things and quite possibly never existed at all. No one has ever gotten anywhere with this argument and they never will, and neither will you.

Mara Bar-Serapion, of Syria, writing between 70 and 200 AD from prison to motivate his son to emulate wise teachers of the past:

"What advantage did the Athenians gain from putting Socrates to death? Famine and plague came upon them as a judgment for their crime. What advantage did the men of Samos gain from burying Pythagoras? In a moment their land was covered with sand. What advantage did the Jews gain from executing their wise king? It was just after that that their kingdom was abolished. God justly avenged these three wise men: the Athenians died of hunger; the Samians were overwhelmed by the sea; the Jews, ruined and driven from their land, live in complete dispersion. But Socrates did not die for good; he lived on in the teaching of Plato. Pythagoras did not die for good; he lived on in the statue of Hera. Nor did the wise king die for good; he lived on in the teaching which he had given."

Lucian, a second century Greek satirist:

"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day--the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. ... You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property." Lucian also reported that the Christians had "sacred writings" which were frequently read. When something affected them, "they spare no trouble, no expense."

Emporer Hadrian (117-138 AD), in a letter to Minucius Fundanus, the Asian proconsul:

"I do not wish, therefore, that the matter should be passed by without examination, so that these men may neither be harassed, nor opportunity of malicious proceedings be offered to informers. If, therefore, the provincials can clearly evince their charges against the Christians, so as to answer before the tribunal, let them pursue this course only, but not by mere petitions, and mere outcries against the Christians. For it is far more proper, if anyone would bring an accusation, that you should examine it." Hadrian further explained that if Christians were found guilty they should be judged "according to the heinousness of the crime." If the accusers were only slandering the believers, then those who inaccurately made the charges were to be punished.

Phlegon, born about 80 AD, as reported by Origen (185-254 AD), mentioned that Jesus made certain predictions which had been fulfilled.

Martyr

Justin Martyr, born A.D. 100 in Palestine, called himself a Samaritan but was probably of Greek or Roman ancestry. A well-educated philosopher, he studied the doctrines of Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras, and the Stoics, but decided Christianity was the only philosophy that was "safe and profitable." When forced to defend his beliefs to the Emperor Antoninus Pius, he referred the emperor to the report written by Pontius Pilate at the time of Jesus' crucifixion for details of the incident--a report which Martyr presumed must have been on file in the imperial archives but which has unfortunately been lost through the centuries. Martyr, of course, was killed for his beliefs.

THE BURIAL CAVE OF CAIAPHAS, THE LATEST FIND

The New Testament refers to the High Priest Caiaphas. Records of the Temple of Jerusalem where destroyed and history has not been able to verify that Caiaphas, like Christ, existed. If no evidence existed of Caiaphas when the New Testament was embraced by the Christians of the second century, then it would have been a fact lost to history. But now, 1,950 years after the crucifixion of Jesus, a public works project building a water park in November 1990 accidentally uncovered an ancient burial cave.

is it enough?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yeah, jesus is real u guys. Havent u read the bible, it all makes so much sense. And if u mock him he will strike u down with his magic powers lol. I jest, I jest

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alltogethernow
there are things about the bible that don`t add up.

Why was it that jesus didn`t go to all the civilizations all over the world to tell the good news, and let the people hear from him first hand? Was it that only the people in the immediate area worthy of learning of this? JUST WONDERING

Well the Mormons believe Jesus went to other places. That is a whole other story. Mitt Romney believes it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
reply to post by arpgme

Mithra was NOT born of a virgin like Jesus, he was born from a ROCK!

So, the rock had had sex, then?

Out of a virgin, out of a rock; stil a virgin birth.

deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Please stop.

Your belief system is making you weak and not able to entertain other possibilities. Its going to be a rough ride for you if you cannot adapt to changes. Just because you were "taught," that Jesus was "God," doesn't necessarily make it so, now does it?

There are many things out there that you are limiting yourself to. The most important thing to do is to stay focused on LOVE and forget the religion. Its only going to turn your mind into mush...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
yea its weird how alot of people correlate jesus or christianity with every other form of paganism. its a pretty big stretch. as for the zeitgeist claims i wouldnt use that as a credible source either.

theres a difference between not understanding something and not wanting to understand something because youre so stubborn and have so much hate for it. this is a big part of all the confusion in the world. works both ways.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, and proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is, contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbet Spencer

Like I said, no proof. Until he is proven to have existed at all, all these silly arguments are pointless.
edit on 3-12-2011 by spacemanjupiter because: my post was incomplete.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
fact: ISUS=ISIS (U=I in slav language) Moshe =Moses was a son of a Pharaon initiated in Egypt mysteries (ISIS , HORUS, AMON-RA(AMIN-AMEN)
ISIS=ISUS=SUSI=SISI SISI or SUSI(ZUZI) = mad man , fool,madman.bishop,madcap

In the course of history , sometimes , appear people that are misunderstood (mad man), all nations on Earth had at least one of kind (mad man) in their history of evolution. That does not mean that it was a son of a god!. We must create tells, to fight against our lack of knowledge ( fear)!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny777
reply to post by arpgme

Please stop.

Your belief system is making you weak and not able to entertain other possibilities. Its going to be a rough ride for you if you cannot adapt to changes. Just because you were "taught," that Jesus was "God," doesn't necessarily make it so, now does it?

There are many things out there that you are limiting yourself to. The most important thing to do is to stay focused on LOVE and forget the religion. Its only going to turn your mind into mush...

okay first of all, let me just say i'm tired of all these new-agers with the whole attitude that they are enlightened or something. i'm not knocking what you believe, instead i want you to consider what you said in reply to this person's thread.

if he didn't entertain other possibilities, then there would be no need for him to talk about the other religions. he has done some research because he does have an open mind, and the answer that he found was supportive of his belief.

IMO focusing on LOVE and w/e else that you probably read from blavatsky, or eckhardt tolle, or jc street or whoever is just as dumb as what you seem to think that this person is doing. so how about instead of criticizing someone for actually having an open mind and doing some research, you do some research of your own and stop trying to impose your IMO skewed beliefs on other people.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by alltogethernow
there are things about the bible that don`t add up.

Well the Mormons believe Jesus went to other places. That is a whole other story. Mitt Romney believes it.

Well then we should have heard it or read it from them not the mormons. Wouldn`t you think?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If so many details of Christianity aren't replicated from Paganism, how come the Christian Church bothers to use the excuse of Diabolical Mimicry to explain it?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hello,
Do you know why the dogma Mary is "ever virgin?" Because it is true, the first
Christians would know and and pass the Truth onto us.

We're human, God's creation. He isn't limited but divine. Read the revelation given Mary of Agreda in the early 17th century, an excerpt from the Mystical City of God. It has Church approval.

The Resurrection

...The excellence of these gifts in the Resurrection were far beyond the glory of his Transfiguration or that manifested on other occasions of the kind men mentioned in this history. For on these occasions He received it transitorily and for special purposes, while now He received it in plenitude and forever. Through impassibility his body became invincible to all created power, since no power can ever move or change Him. By subtility the gross and earthly matter was so purified, that it could now penetrate other matter like a pure spirit. Accordingly He penetrated through the rocks of the sepulchre without removing or displacing them, as He had issued forth from the womb of his most blessed Mother. Agility so freed Him from the weight and slowness of matter, that it exceeded the agility of the immaterial angels, while He himself could move about more quickly than they, as shown in his apparitions to the Apostles and on other occasions. ...

The prophetic which is part of God's revelation confirms Mary is ever virgin. Literally~!

Mary "being first born" was presented in the Temple. Her parents made a vow of her virginity. God respected this vow.

"Now, the Protoevangelium of James (7-8), and the writing entitled "De nativit. Mariae" (7-8), [43] state that Joachim and Anna, faithful to a vow they had made, presented the child Mary in the Temple when she was three years old; that the child herself mounted the Temple steps, and that she made her vow of virginity on this occasion."

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There is not a single contemporaneous confirmation of Jesus' life. Not one. And, yes, there were chroniclers who paid close attention to the major and minor prophets of the time. He is NOT among those who were written about.

In short, there is no first-hand account from an eyewitness at the time when he was supposed to exist -- a person who said, in essence, "I saw Jesus on this date, and he was engaged in this activity."

The few, very cryptic references all take place after his supposed death, and are all very suspect, in my view.

In addition, it is beyond dispute that Jesus' supposed divinity was established at the Council of Nicea four centuries after his supposed death.

Seriously, this is a biggest hoax in the history of mankind.
edit on 3-12-2011 by shepseskaf because: Sentence structure error

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by shepseskaf

You Sir are in the need of knowledge

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It isnt Jesus that is most widely believed to have been a lie, but what amounts to the worship of Saints and of the Virgin Mary is a device created by a bunch of Roman liars, in order to allow thier corrupt,deviant people to better assimilate the new religion forced on them by thier leaders.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join