It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: Jet Contrails Increase Cloud Cover in 1980

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Interesting NBC news video from 1980 that shows that the concerns about contrails spreading out to cover the sky are nothing new.

And here's a link to the research that the report was based on.

www.isws.illinois.edu...

I think this puts to rest some versions of the chemtrail theory that state that contrails previously did not spread out to cover the sky. It was obviously observed with some frequency in 1980.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You know they had to test chemtrails before they started doing it globally. They are only reporting on this because its not normal, they are trying to cover up the testing of chemtrails.
edit on 30-11-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I thought WW2 was the testing??

Or maybe it was the cold war.....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Can you find earlier reports of contrails on a national news report in any media format? This would help your post, because contrails have been "tested," since we gained the ability to regularly fly at altitudes typically necessary for their formation...

You surmise it is only being reported because it is unusual...well, this would require earlier reports than 1980...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Really, you think it has been going on for over 31 years?

Why were people not asking questions in 1980?

And if they have been covering it up since 1980 by publicizing it so people got used to it, then why did people suddenly just notice it?

Which is it? Did it suddenly start in 1997, or has it been going on and covered up since before 1980?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In that photo of the B-52's...are those contrails or just the exhaust of the engines...I only ask because of all the planes, the B-52 has always held my attention...I spent a couple of years near Andrews AFB and I always thought the engines of the B-52 were especially "dirty," in operation...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Now that one looks like pollution,
or did they Photoshop it that dark?
Who wants that much unburned fuel falling from the sky's.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Yep, they confirmed this after 9/11. For the first time in decades the skies were clear. Several Universities did studies observing the contrails when air traffic resumed, and they found in certain conditions the contrails would combine to form a layer of clouds, and in one instance it even led to a rain shower.

Still no such thing as chemtrails though. There is geo-engineering at low altitude and invisible to the observer. There is the occasional fuel dump on approach to an airport, but there is no such thing as long, white, "chem" trails at high altitude.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Pollution, yes. Unburned carbon fuel. It is intentional in those aircraft. The fuel mixture is intentionally rich to get maximum power and also to help cool the cylinders and heads.

Still not chemtrails.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In that photo of the B-52's...are those contrails or just the exhaust of the engines...I only ask because of all the planes, the B-52 has always held my attention...I spent a couple of years near Andrews AFB and I always thought the engines of the B-52 were especially "dirty," in operation...

That's exhaust. The exhaust is smokey because of the water injection used during take-off when heavy.

en.wikipedia.org...(engines)

Many pictures are available of Boeing B-52 takeoffs which clearly show the black smoke emitted by turbine engines running with water injection. For early B-52s, water injection was seen as a vital part of take-off procedures.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I still have to point out water vapor is a chemical,
called h2o and is a by-product of contrails.
So there is no h2o chemical in those contrails?
If I hung out with you guys as a kid,
I would have flunked
5th grade science.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

EVERYTHING is a chemical.

The point here is that contrails spread out to cover the sky, enough to alter the weather for farmers, back in 1980.

Hence any chemtrail theory that denies this is wrong.

link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

The first generations of B-52s used a water injection system for extra power at takeoff .

The use of water injection in turbine engines has been limited, again, mostly to military aircraft. Many pictures are available of Boeing B-52 takeoffs which clearly show the black smoke emitted by turbine engines running with water injection. For early B-52s, water injection was seen as a vital part of take-off procedures. For later versions of the B-52 as well as later turbine-powered bombers, the problem of taking off heavily loaded from short runways was solved by the availability of more powerful engines that had not been available previously.

Water injection (engines)

Edit: Never mind, Unicus beat me to it

edit on 30-11-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

link   

H2O isn't a by-product. It was already there, it is just condensed and/or frozen after the effects of the jet engine and/or surfaces passes by.

So, even though everything is technically a chemical in the broadest definition, it is still not an added chemical to the atmosphere. It is the same water vapor just in a different state after the violent compression and expansion from the passing jet.

link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Thanks for clarifying that for me...Like I said, the plane has always had me fascinated...I am amazed it is still in operation after all these years...over fifty years and counting...Do they still inject with water at takeoff or have they ceased this practice?

EDIT: ANSWERED IN EARLIER POSTS...and thank you...
edit on 11/30/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

All fuel vaporized and then burned with air has water as by-product,
smoke,exhaust etc. has water vapor also.
If I keep listening to you guys I am never going to make it to the 6th grade.

edit on 30-11-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: 5th grade spelling lol

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What effects do the contrails have on you?

EDIT: Other than to have you question the presence of water vapor in the Earth's atmosphere here on ATS?
edit on 11/30/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

They really don't want me to go through all that again,
I will sit back and watch.
Its what the op is about blocking sunlight etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Thanks for the refresher, I actually remember that broadcast.

So there you have it, weather modification in its early stages whether inadvertent or not.

Pun intended.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

LOL.

Agreed, but that vapor is miniscule and not responsible for the big white lines. In fact, in many cases the contrail is forming from wingtip vortices or stabilizer tips or even the fuselage. Those things are not creating any water vapor. The majority of the fuel is burned on climb, but the contrails come from high altitude level flight.

Your 6th grade science is safe, it just isn't very relevant, LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join