It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Expel All British Diplomats, Staff in Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is for the waiting eyes toward Iran.

According to the rules of tit-for-tat diplomacy, Iran's Foreign Ministry will most likely expel all British embassy employees and diplomats in Tehran within the next few hours after the British government escalated tensions between the two countries and closed down Tehran's embassy in London and expelled all Iranian diplomats from the country.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague announced at about midday that his country had required the closure of the Iranian embassy in London and the departure from Britain of all of its staff within the next 48 hours.

"The Iranian charge in London is being informed now that we require the immediate closure of the Iranian Embassy in London and that all Iranian diplomatic staff must leave the United Kingdom within the next 48 hours," he said, addressing the Commons.

He said Britain had closed its embassy in Iran after the compound was stormed by protesters yesterday.

But he said his country would maintain ties with Iran, although at a low level.

"This does not amount to the severing of diplomatic relations in their entirety. It is action that reduces our relations with Iran to the lowest level consistent with the maintenance of diplomatic relations."

Last night, young self-motivated university students raided and occupied the British embassy compounds in Central and Northern Tehran, but they ended their occupations after senior police officials warned of escalated confrontation if they continued their sit-ins.

Repeated clashes between the police and the protesters took place last evening, which eventually led to the evacuation of both compounds.

A number of protesters were wounded during the clashes as police troops exercised more power to force them out of the British mission.

One of the wounded protesters was reportedly in critical health conditions.

The Iranian students move came after the Iranian legislators in an open session of the parliament on Sunday approved the bill of a law on downgrading relations with Britain with 179 yes votes, 4 oppositions and 11 abstentions. The 4 oppositions demanded a full cut of ties with London.

The Iranian students complained that lowering ties with Britain is not enough and Tehran's relations with "the old cunning fox" should be cut totally.

As the parliament approval called for downgrading ambassadorial ties with Britain to the level of charge d'affaires, Tehran was now preparing to expel the British Ambassador to Iran Dominick Chilcott.

Chilcott took his post as the new Tehran ambassador in October and after several months of tension between the two capitals. The British embassy was meanwhile led by the charge d'affaires, Jane Marriott.

The parliament approval came a week after the US and Britain targeted Iranian financial sectors with new punitive measures, including sanctions on Iran's Central Bank and petrochemical industry.

The sanction against CBI and Iran's petrochemical industry was adopted in a unilateral move by the US, Canada and Britain outside the UN Security Council as other council members, specially Russia and China, had earlier warned against any fresh punitive measure, including sanctions, against Iran.

The British government has also embarked on delisting the anti-Iran terrorist Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) from its list of terrorist groups.

The Iranian lawmakers initially started drafting a bill to downgrade ties with London after Britain's direct involvement in stirring post-election unrests in Iran in 2009, but they intensified and accelerated the move after former British Envoy to Tehran Simon Gass criticized the human rights situation in Iran.

"Today, International Human Rights Day is highlighting the cases of those people around the world who stand up for the rights of others - the lawyers, journalists and NGO workers who place themselves at risk to defend their countrymen," Gass said in a memo published by the British Embassy in Tehran on December 9.

"Nowhere are they under greater threat than in Iran. Since last year human rights defenders have been harassed and imprisoned," Gass added.

Following Britain's support for a group of wild demonstrators who disrespected Islamic sanctities and damaged private and public amenities and properties in Tehran on December 27, 2009, members of the parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission drafted bill of a law requiring the country's Foreign Ministry to cut relations with Britain completely.

The British government's blatant stance and repeated remarks in support of the last year unrests inside Iran and London's espionage operations and financial and media support for the opposition groups are among the reasons mentioned in the bill for cutting ties with Britain.

Iran has repeatedly accused the West of stoking post-election unrests, singling out Britain and the US for meddling. Tehran expelled two British diplomats and arrested a number of local staffs of the British embassy in Tehran after documents and evidence substantiated London's interfering role in stirring post-election riots in Iran.

FNA

Once and forever.

They cut the ties. I think the students are going to be happy.

About the post-election unrests, , I could see them controlling all events and backing all the liars and treacherous candidates who were spreading lies.

And to all the people of UK :

Your country is one of the countries playing dirty games in Middle East. All the nations in Middle East know about the Old Colonist and it's conspiracies.

And this is not going to affect the relationship of nations in the countries.

hmdphantom
I.R Iran
edit on 30/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

*shakes his head*

I wonder if people years from now will wonder "What would it be like if man were not so pigheaded?"

Of course they will. They been always thinking that. Everything changes but us.

Nothing changes because this is the way it's.

"Get down and get muddy, boy."

edit on 30-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the pieces are moving into place and the backing hands are ready. Prepare for the attack Iran. Its coming.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Larijani: Students Represent Iran's Public Opinion

The move made by a number of students signified the atmosphere reining the Iranian public opinion," Larijani told reporters on Wednesday.

"Our people have been suffering from the British government's behavior for the last several decades," he said, adding that if London has any doubts in this regard, Tehran can "conduct an opinion poll among the Iranians to show their views on London's inimical behavior throughout the last decades".

FNA

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
the pieces are moving into place and the backing hands are ready. Prepare for the attack Iran. Its coming.

Oh , I'm shaking. Is it fear ?

No , please close the door.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

i meant no offence. Sorry, i just stated my personal opinion.

*Shuts the door as I walk out*

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Iran won't be attacked if US and Israel won't cooperarte . Israel said that without the help of US , they will not attack . And US needs to destabilize Syria now , wait untill Assad is removed .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Islamic Jihad Leader Hails Iranian Students for Raiding British Embassy

"It is natural for the Iranian nation, with the students at the top of them, to rise to clean this arrogant dirt from their country's soil," Ahmad al-Modallel told FNA on Wednesday.

FNA

These whole actions , were predicteble and the last movenment that made Iranian angry , was the recent sanction imposed on Iran by UK and US after failing to vote in UN General Assembly.

Once again the conversation that will never stop in my head :

US demands Iran to use it's oil to get electricity

Iran demands Uranium.

Us says "you should run out of oil and then It will be the US selling oil 1000 a barrel"

Iran says " You think you smart , we want alternative ways to produce electricity "

US says " What ? you don't obey me ? here are the sanctions ".

Justice & peace.
edit on 30/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Iran won't be attacked if US and Israel won't cooperarte . Israel said that without the help of US , they will not attack . And US needs to destabilize Syria now , wait untill Assad is removed .

I think that we should wait after the next war with Hezbollah will end.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Personally I see this as normal British/Iranian relations and nothing more... Oh well.. it is no loss to either side if both servers all diplomatic relations with each other.. it isn't the first time and certainly won't be the last time it happens.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Maybe you are onto something. Today the dutch government has summoned its ambassador home for instructions and evaluation of the situation in Iran. This is a serious action and can only mean that the dutch government is very worried.

If the germans and other countries will do the same we can assume it is an explosive situation.

The iranian head of state use his puppets to create unrest and have an excuse to do stupid if not sick things. Maybe we should start to think about praying a little.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

And to all the people of UK :

Your country is one of the countries playing dirty games in Middle East. All the nations in Middle East know about the Old Colonist and it's conspiracies.

FYI

I can't speak for the UK here but...
Iran isn't all smelling of roses either, actually far from it.

And this is not going to affect the relationship of nations in the countries.

Well According to Wiki-Leaks most if not all of Iran's neighbors would like nothing more than an attitude and or regime change over in good ole' Terhan.

Pot Meet Kettle

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Perhaps TPTB are planning a "return ticket" for the 1953 coup.

With many frozen assets from the 70's still in the deep freeze, the money is available, at Iran's expense of course !

The old regimes started in the 600's and has been "on hold" since 1979.

The Shah's eldest son Reza Pahlavi is the Prince Regent, meaning if the Peacock Throne was ever restored he would be the one in line for it.

He has "visions" for the future....

Reza's Visions for Iran

Peacock Throne

History of Iran

Does anyone else see this possibility?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Iran's amendment to it's Constitution in 2004 says they are "privatizing" 80% of their state-owned assets.

Including oil refineries !

I Wonder WHO is "owning" them when this is accomplished when the 10-year plan is finished?

The next few years will be interesting for business.

I wonder WHO "owns" whatever is already completed?

The whole political structure may need to change because of this "plan".

Maybe that's the real "hidden plan" we are not hearing much about in the West !

source from Aug 2011 (Iranian source)
Iran Plans Privatizing Oil Refineries

Iran, the world's fourth largest oil producer, is due to implement a major economic plan to privatize its oil refineries in line with its privatization scheme.

Managing-Director of the National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC) Alireza Zeiqami announced that seven of the country's nine oil refineries will be ceded to the private sector by the end of the current Iranian year (March 2012).

"National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company and its subsidiaries will become privatized. At least 11 companies and refineries will cede their shares to the private sector later this year," he stated.

Zeiqami, who is also deputy oil minister, said that domestic and foreign investors can purchase the shares of the refineries through the Privatization Organization of Iran.

Article 44 of the Iranian Constitution stipulates that the country's economic system shall be based on public, cooperative and private sectors.

All large-scale industries, mother industries, foreign trade, large mines, banking, insurance, power supply, dams and large irrigation channels, radio and television, post, telegraph and telephone, aviation, shipping, roads, rails, refineries and the like are public property and under the guidance of the government.

A 2004 amendment to the Article, however, has set in motion a ten-year plan to privatize eighty percent of Iran's state-owned assets.

If TPTB replace their current "regime" in Iran to suit a new "approved" agenda,

a new "regime" could transfer even more wealth away from the citizens.

Iran's net foreign assets are huge.

$61 Billion in 2009.

steady increases since 1998.

Iran, Islamic Rep. - net foreign assets

Definition: Net foreign assets are the sum of foreign assets held by monetary authorities and deposit money banks, less their foreign liabilities. Data are in current local currency.

Source: International Monetary Fund, International Financial Statistics and data files.

Think about Where those assets are if there not in Iran?

And WHO really has control?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know what you mean , but , behind policies I have a hope for justice. I believe in it and I think it is the people who will bring it to themselves.

I am just another human being on the opposite side of the earth and I am just saying I love justice.

People of the nations should feel the necessity of justice and it can not be brought by force.

new topics

top topics

join