It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sues his former Kansas hostages for breaking promise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.kansascity.com...

Can there be no trust between a kidnapper and his hostages?

A man who held a Kansas couple hostage in their home while fleeing from authorities is suing them, claiming they broke an oral contract made when he promised them money in exchange for hiding him from police. The couple have asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

Really?

R E A L L Y ! ? !

Now, I know we have some pretty creative thinkers here on ATS, and there are many threads discussing absurd ideas....
but....c'mon now. This guy's cheese has slid off his cracker.

Dimmick.....should change it to DimWIT.

And as ludicrous as the concept is --- what lawyer would take this case??
*FACEPALM*

Wow. Anyone else find this a really outlandish example of our society??

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain this will be thrown out of court, as an oral contract made while you are a hostage is made under threats and duress, and could not be considered a contract in which both parties entered into it with sound mind and body, freely and not forced.

If that kidnapper had any brains, he would have drawn up a written contract, written "We enter into this contract of our own free will", and had them sign it.

Seriously, put this yo-yo in prison with a big creepy roommate, so he can learn the difference between what is given with free will, and what is forced.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh, he IS in prison. For another decade or so -- on several charges including murder. Apparently beat a guy to death.

I wonder how the other prisoners feel about him? I honestly can't even begin to make sense of the thought pattern of someone who would behave in this manner --

I hope they don't let him out EVER, because he'll probably go and beat those hostages to death!

join