It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B6 and dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
has anyone ever tried taking Vitamin B6 to help enhance your dreams. I took 200mg last night and my last dream before waking up was incredible. The dream was very vivid and seemed to last forever. B6, taken at this level there is no real chance for any harm to you.

B6 has a large role in converting tryptophan to serotonin, which helps produce more vivid dreams and makes them easier to recall. In order to maximize the effects of the B6 tryptophan must be in your system as well.

i may try taking some tryptophan and see if this makes my next dream even better.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
has anyone ever tried taking Vitamin B6 to help enhance your dreams. I took 200mg last night and my last dream before waking up was incredible. The dream was very vivid and seemed to last forever. B6, taken at this level there is no real chance for any harm to you.

B6 has a large role in converting tryptophan to serotonin, which helps produce more vivid dreams and makes them easier to recall. In order to maximize the effects of the B6 tryptophan must be in your system as well.

i may try taking some tryptophan and see if this makes my next dream even better.

I looked it up and advised daily dosage is 1,5 mg and max dosage is 25 mg per day.

Maybe 200mg is a bit on the steep side?

I like the idea of dream enhancing

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

i looked into some dreaming sites and it said 200mg for no more than three days in a row and you should be ok. I did not notice any odd side effects the next day after 200mg. but it is better to be safe than sorry. for me it was so worth taking my dream was so long and so vivid

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah take some with 5-HTP an hour before you go to bed. Will help a lot!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue

Heard about that one, seems to work fine.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

i never heard of 5-htp, somethng new to look up

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've tried up to 200mg of sub-lingual B6 and dint notice any difference in my dreams. I have heard that it make them incredibly vivid but i don't want to step up the dose any more because it might be toxic for your liver.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

sorry to here that, maybe there is something different you can try. for me the B6 was inceredible and i guess from now on 200mg is as far as i will go.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Another interesting one: Melatonin

Some unwanted effects in some people, especially at high doses (~3 mg/day or more) may include: headaches, nausea, next-day grogginess or irritability, hormone fluctuations, vivid dreams or nightmares,[61] reduced blood flow, and hypothermia.[62] While no large, long-term studies that might reveal side-effects have been conducted, there do exist case reports about patients having taken melatonin for months.[63]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As an amateur nutritionist I would advise you take Vitamin B6 with ALL the other Vitamin Bs. B6 by itself can really upset the balance in your body.
If you are deficient in Vit B6 you will be deficient in all the other Vit Bs, this is a well researched fact.
So to be on the safe side take a Vitamin B complex pill.

BTW as Vit B6 is water soluble you need a small amount every day and your body will get rid of the excess in your urine, turning your urine a bright yellow. So taking 200mg you will literally be pissing your money down the drain.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
B12 also helps :] and yes I have found this out from experience. I took a mega mens vitamin before bed one time and had a very good dream, and now I do it every night. One dream even gave me a near death type experience (i actually made a thread on it).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

The old woman who lived next door to me always recommended black strap molasses in warm milk for wild dreams. I never knew why an old woman would want wild dreams, but that's beside the point.
I believe that the black strap molasses has a lot of vitamin B6 in it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

milk also contains b12, so its a mixture of the two having those combinations lol. Wild dreams are those dreams you wake up from, and remember like it actually happened so if your bored or lonely they can actually be something to look forward too

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Good point.
This post almost makes me wanting people to post their B6 dreams.
I had one last involving being kidnapped by fake Star Wars Christmas Special stormtroopers and Penn Jillette driving the getaway bus. No lie.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

My experience with B6 is that it stops you from having ultimate nightmares. It works like a charm!

So from what I understand you actually have vivid dreams when you take B6? are you sure you're using it right?
edit on 3-12-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

Lol if you could have enough serious people it would be a good thread, it would be good if we had a decent group of people start it up and keep it going (more just for people interested than people to troll). My dreams on b6 are always more random and exciting, when i normally dream I wake up depressed. So taking b6 makes my dreams more "fun" i guess you could say lol

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

There are three main nutrients that I'm aware of which make dreams more vivid, and easy to remember. Those are magnesium, B6, and zinc. If you're deficient in either, your sleep can become disturbed.

I had partial insomnia for a while, along with a slew of other symptoms, and took a lot of those three to help out. Went from no dream recall, to insanely vivid dreams each night. Boy was that a trip!

Originally posted by Pokoia

I looked it up and advised daily dosage is 1,5 mg and max dosage is 25 mg per day.

Maybe 200mg is a bit on the steep side?

I like the idea of dream enhancing

Most people will be okay with up to 200mg daily. It's a water-soluble vitamin so excess is easily peed out.

Most common sign of B6 toxicity is neuropathy, which is temporary.

I took 300mg b6 and 150mg of p5p for a year without any issues.

Everyone is different though, so use with caution!
edit on 3-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yeah, Mega Men vitamins have 50 mg of B vitamins in them and my urine is highlighter yelllow, (2 a day so 100mg a day). So I don't think 200mg could hurt you but still its a bit of an unnecessary amount to take just before bed ^^. 50 mg is what I take before bed and I still get my wicked awesome dreams

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

i think it is the beta carotene in your multi viatimin that is doing it i had the same thing happen with mine and it freaked me out at first

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

tried it last week and it did help. thanks for the info

top topics

<<   2 >>

join