It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is your silence worth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Imagine that you discover or create some sort of new free energy source or flying machine. Perhaps a time machine or a fantastic cure to some hideous disease that blights all of mankind.

You do a lot of media and press interviews.

Then, one evening, there is a knock at the door and 2 well dressed me in black suits ask you to name your price for the invention…or face the consequences.

What is YOUR price? A million? More? Less? Or do you fight on?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
tell them to get stuffed slam the door in their face and release it for the world to use ... free of charge.

there are more important things in life than damn money...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You would be that brave when faced with the MIB's? folly or courage?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Well, if two men approached me and said sell this or we will just take it. As one poster said, slam the door in their face. If that did not work, then there would most certainly be a fight right there in the front yard, two men, sure I will take my chances I could come out on top before they went and got reinforcements.

I too would probably release the invention to the world free of charge.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Take the money, set up a bigger operation and distribute it like im selling crack

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Skewed, thats brave talk. im not sure i could be so tough. so the real MIB's knock your door, you are still throwing down?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Imagine that you discover or create some sort of new free energy source or flying machine. Perhaps a time machine or a fantastic cure to some hideous disease that blights all of mankind.

Then, one evening, there is a knock at the door and 2 well dressed me in black suits ask you to name your price for the invention…or face the consequences.

Good question and one that ultimately becomes one of conscience and courage.

There's no sin in making money. That's how the world works regardless of political slant. But in this case, you would have to weigh whether your invention/discovery was worth more than your personal comfort.

The likely best outlet to dodge the hijackers would be to set it free on the internet via multiple sources... with something like WikiLeaks being a prime example. From there, if it survives the intense debunking exercise that would be sure to follow, other people would take that data and repeat the work. This would gradually survive long enough for word to spread and eventually, your discovery would be in the hands of mankind.

Of course, the cost may well be your life because there are industries in all sectors that see human life as nothing compared to their particular hegemony.

Conscience, character and courage would decide your path.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I believe only a tiny few would be willing to give their life for their invention or cure. Also, there is the question of greed. I think we all have a price.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why not avoid the MIB altogether?

If you have a free energy invention that works, get the plans in the public domain quickly. Also make sure as many people as possible have hard copies of the blueprints, and instructions on building and using the device.

Also snail mail yourself an original copy of the plans. This insures an official postal ink stamping with a date on it. As long as you don't open the package, it works similar to a copyright.

Once it's in the public domain, the MIB are out of luck. You won't get rich this way, but you might just change the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hmm, there's a lot of positive thinking in your replies. but im thinking of Moray B King and Wilheim Reich.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well see, I'd stop right at the interviews, because those interviews would consist of me explaining the technology, showing how it works, and how to make it, as well as pointing to the various decentralized bittorrent trackers I would have uploaded all this information to, releasing it into the wild.

For free.

I'd rather be poor knowing I changed human civilization for the better, than be rich and silent.

honestly, how can anyone choose money over that?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
But they would not want such things being free to the public for obvious financial reasons.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Skewed, thats brave talk. im not sure i could be so tough. so the real MIB's knock your door, you are still throwing down?

Damn skippy.
It is mine and I will fight for it.
I have never backed down and I am not going to start any time soon.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You would be that brave when faced with the MIB's? folly or courage?

could care less who or what they are .. they show up on my patch without an invitation they get shown the door.

I live my life on my terms not the terms of others.

whether they walk away on their feet or end up a snack for the wild animals in the jungle here is their choice to make..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Depending on the value of my device, I'm thinking $5 to $20 million. Of course, this money would be used immediately to set up a spider web of fake identities and personas, because I don't trust them and they won't trust me. As soon as my escape plans are firmly in place, I'm distributing all the details of my device to all my ATS friends, and instructing them to wait 14 days and then flood the net with open source copies! Then, I'm in the wind, bouncing from one identity to another until I'm completely off grid and untraceable. See ya suckers!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, i want some of your confidence , because i would freak and fold pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Two things: One, you would not be given a choice in the matter let alone a blank check; Two, they would not knock on your door, you would never see it coming.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I would have zero fear of them. They're evil doers, so there is a need to speak up. I made crooked cops, slither in a very non human way, off my steps and lectured the ETs during a few abductions when they were doing gynecological work, and trying to elevate my hormones. They would be in for it if they ever showed up. Actually considering the monitoring we've had, and all the stuff going on in the world, I always post the coffee pots on, why don't you be real men and show up, I have something I want to tell ya!!! I'm wearing clean underwear, and have no fear of them.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsNGods
Two things: One, you would not be given a choice in the matter let alone a blank check; Two, they would not knock on your door, you would never see it coming.

Hmm, do tell? sources or links?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Even though most people wont like to admit it im sure that most of us could be bought out for a very reasonable price

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join