It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Occuring Yahoo News Peoples??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Been noticing more and more lately that the stories I read here on ATS not much longer afterwards appear on my Yahoo News page. Time and time again I have read an article here and within an hour or so it appears on my Yahoo home page. Crazy stuff that you wouldn't expect see on a normal news website.
I have seen so many articles here and then shortly after on Yahoo that I have lost count but I am talking hundreds over the past year. It all started around the time the Member of congress was shot by a once member of here, when the msm found this place while getting background on the shooter. Strange coincidence or am I onto something

Is someone coming here for news then adding it to their news feeds.

An example from today:

ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...
By Maxmars 16 hours ago

Yahoo
uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com...
By Bianca Ffolkes – 4 minutes 27 seconds ago

Has the news become so boring that they have to come here and take articles for themselves.

Bianca - You There????

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ATS members are just faster sometimes, but not always. There is a good track record here going back years however on getting news first. In a way ATS is a like a clearing house for global news stories and especially anything weird or mysterious.

There are many cases of ATS getting a story early in it's development, ahead of many MSM agencies. But also remember that very often these stories are sourced to smaller or local news outlets, so you can't say ATS "broke the story" in those instances but it was here before it reached a large portion of other agencies.

Sometimes there are stories actually broke on ATS, and in a way this is a daily occurrence because people telling their UFO or cryptid or ghost sighting for the first time is a breaking story. And there are some notable cases of ATS actually breaking a big news story, such as (if I am not mistaken), the Ghost Net story. If I am wrong you can correct me on that.

Here are two threads of interest on the Ghost Net story.
Thread 1

Thread 2
edit on 30-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I was thinking this EXACT same thing just yesterday. It would not surprise me one bit.

join