It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Scare Shuts Down Haymarket Station (Boston)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

BOSTON (CBS) – A radiation scare shut down Haymarket MBTA station to passengers Tuesday morning. According to the Boston Fire Department, the Boston Police Truck Team had stopped a 20-foot-long box truck after spotting it in an area where it was not allowed. Boston Police Sgt. Joseph McNiff says officers immediately realized that the truck was out of place. “We were unaware of any permitted radioactive material that would be in the city today,” McNiff said.

Link

Actually makes me happy to know that everyone was on the ball in this situation. Suspicious truck, has radiation leaking, dealt with appropriately. I feel mildly comforted by this.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Did it have a big yellow radiation sticker on the side or are Boston police armed with geiger counters.?
Obviously there is a mundane answer to how/or what it was doing there and how they knew it was leaking rads,but i thought i would ask anyway
edit on 30-11-2011 by 12voltz because: of the missing letters

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

All I know is what the article says.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Did it have a big yellow radiation sticker on the side or are Boston police armed with geiger counters.?
Obviously there is a mundane answer to how/or what it was doing there and how they knew it was leaking rads,but i thought i would ask anyway
edit on 30-11-2011 by 12voltz because: of the missing letters

was equipped to carry radioactive material and had a radiation placard on the side.

Yes it did...
edit on 30-11-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Some one gets lost.
and you all think hes out to nuc us all.

since when did terrorists put labels on their Bombs?

new topics

top topics

join