It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in an Apathetic society - America Dying - Families Living In Cars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

“ This is the beginning—from "I" to "we". If you who own the things people must have could understand this, you might preserve yourself. If you could separate causes from results, if you could know that Paine, Marx, Jefferson, Lenin were results, not causes, you might survive. But that you cannot know. For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I", and cuts you off forever from the "we". ” — Chapter 14, The Grapes of Wrath, J. Steinbeck, 1939

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
its commendable that you have the desire to help others..

but a bit of blunt truth...
there always has been and always will be suffering in the world. - all life is suffering.

no matter how hard you try there is no way to help everyone - do the best you can to help those whom you are able to..

Compared to here in s.e asia , the middle east, and africa people there in the u.s are living in paradise.. - even with the economic problems life is still better for westerners than for people elsewhere..

Have spent my life patching up people in warzones and disaster area's seen and experienced how people live in places that dont have the conveniences that americans / westerners take for granted .. In most cases the conditions were created by westerners with their colonialism, empire building , greed and materialism.. life is much harder for the poor in the rest of the world.

sometimes no matter how hard you try the patient cant be saved... do what you can for those that your able to. at least youre making a small improvement in the world and every little bit adds up.. dont let the naysayers get to you..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
It is an awful reflection on humanity that one has to live in a car, van or mobile trailer........with children. Truly, I nearly cried after seeing the video I am about to post.

Where are our wealthy folks out there to create a safe haven for the poor? Why are we tolerating the tear's of children. I am so very upset by the following link:

www.cbsnews.com...

If I were wealthy, I would create a safe haven for these people. We as benevolent people need to come together and create safe havens for these folks. I am outraged!

Jobs and food are scarce. I'm willing to give. We need a leader to help the unfortunate. The only ones that can help are the ones with money. I will support at any cost.
How is that hope and change working out for you? Obumbler promised change, he did not tell you that it would be just the change in your pocket with dollars steadily declining in value. Don't forget to save that change to make your mandatory health insurance payments.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Today I did some research on homelessness in my city. Turns out that we have a comprehensive program. So, I guess I won't be writing every mayor of every major metropolitan city.

The problem is indeed gruesome. However, I am somebody. I am somebody than can make a difference. Since I have the time, I sent an email to an organization to become a volunteer.

My late night drivels sound horrible. But I meant everything I said. Of course, I will continue to give to anybody who requests help.... within reason. Will continue giving to the street beggars and continue throwing money into the red salvation army pot. Hey, the little things all add up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join