It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question Regarding The LoA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So, I have a question about the Law Of Attraction and I am hoping someone with more experience in the metaphysical can help clarify this for me. Also, I am not implying that the LoA actually works or does not. This is simply a question regarding this "New Age" theory.

A lot of people describe the LoA differently or claim it works differently but the basic principle is that, undergoing direct intention, one can manifest something into their life (usually selfish desires). They also state, that, the reason people don't often have results is that they are either A) Manifesting the wrong thing unknowingly (e.g "I need more money" which focuses on the fact that they don't have "enough" money, where as "I have lot's of money" would align their vibration to the frequency of already having more money and the Universe would supply them with this) or B) They have more powerful, over-writing subconscious doubts that prevent them from truly "believing" and manifesting something. The claim that, if you have no doubts or truly believe something 100% you should be able to manifest it, it's just everyone doubts themselves and that is the hard part to get over with.

What I wonder is this: If someone uses this said "Law of Attraction" with the belief that it will work and it does manifest something for them then I would assume the lightbulb goes off in their head and they think "Hey, this LoA really does work. I can manifest anything I want!" which would, in turn, remove the doubt from their mind and allow them to actually manifest anything and everything. I have to also assume that many people do believe the Law of Attraction works for them 100% so, why aren't they of a God status; being able to do anything, manifest any out-come? If the really believed that it work 100% the should, in theory, have no doubts and be able to acquire anything.

I would much appreciate some insight into this.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

It may not be at all relevant, but I recommend looking up a guy called Grant Morrison and his theory on a thing called "Sigils". Be warned though, I messed around with this and DID get a result, heard from who I wanted to hear from!!! But.... it wasnt a good result lool

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

And even if it doesnt answer any of your questions, you'll have a damn good read

www.popimage.com... thats only one article there is a few more
Goodluck in your search.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Also I should add, I dont know if me getting a result from this was pure coincidence or if it was real, but there was a definite result. Sorry if none of this is answering anything for you lol

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, you've definitely peaked my interest, be that good or bad. However, I would like to keep the thread on topic. Perhaps we can talk more via U2U?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
No problem
sorry for going a bit off

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It works for me 100%. (Well..........maybe 73%.......
)

But it is one thing getting your subconscious mind (as this is how it works...) to accept you are quite rich etc etc. It is another thing to get it to accept that you can fly.

Also, if what you wish to manifest involves other people, then you have their doubts worries and needs to account for, and that is a whole new ball game. The more people your wishes involve, the more external factors you must account for.

But, if you truly believe you can walk on water, then you can.

But I am no expert. Here is the ultimate LoA thread, by one of the mods Skyfloating who is also a successful LoA author. If you cannot find your answer here then your asking the wrong questions. Be prepared to put aside a week though cos theres like 65+ pages of info

A slightly shorter read but also probably less informative is my thread on The Power of Thought.
edit on 29/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Is there anything you can reference us to so we can read up on it
I only know of Grant Morrisons stuff and I think thats a totally different (but oddly similar) subject

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The "Power of Attraction" used to be "The Power of Positive Thinking", and was the central theme of "Making Friends and Influencing People" before that. It's nothing new or breakthrough. That said, it was a good book/DVD series idea. Rounding up all the self-help authors and seminar pros into one take-alone "how to be a winner" infomercial, and calling it a Metaphysics revelation was brilliant marketing. I have to bow to their ability to read the market and the moment so well, and respond with such widely accessible creativity. Brilliant stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Is there anything you can reference us to so we can read up on it
I only know of Grant Morrisons stuff and I think thats a totally different (but oddly similar) subject

See the Skyfloating thread, reading list come into it by well before page 20 or so......
Unfortunately I'm stuck in a mine in the middle of the Australian Pilbara region and my limited library is about 3000 miles away. Also I didn't actually read many books. If you read my poor attempt at a thread (see link) I arrived at the notion conceptually while thinking about different magical systems back in my pagan days. The whole LoA popularity kinda verified much of what I thought and gave me a few more pieces of the puzzle.

Originally posted by NorEaster
The "Power of Attraction" used to be "The Power of Positive Thinking", and was the central theme of "Making Friends and Influencing People" before that. It's nothing new or breakthrough. That said, it was a good book/DVD series idea. Rounding up all the self-help authors and seminar pros into one take-alone "how to be a winner" infomercial, and calling it a Metaphysics revelation was brilliant marketing. I have to bow to their ability to read the market and the moment so well, and respond with such widely accessible creativity. Brilliant stuff.

Most of the good ideas aren't new, merely repackaged. The Law of Attraction has had many manifestations throughout history most likely starting of with the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus which dates back to at least 1140 AD.

Do you though NE write it off altogether just because some marketers got a hold of it and dumbed it down for the general public. Just curious about your thoughts on the matter cos I've got no doubt you have some......

edit on 29/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Thanks, I'll definitely have a read
I dont know a lot about this stuff but I certainly would like to study it more in depth

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In my opinion it's more of a battle of will power.
I can manifest whatever i want as long as it doesn't cross with another path and if it does the more powerful desire will become reality.

Also i believe there is a common unseen connection that links all beings and if you start to visualize it you can begin to interact with the flow of things.One simple thing one can do to make the world a better place is to see and feel the negative that surrounds you and begin to imagine the most bright and warm light sending out a positive radiance through out the energy fields.It's sounds looney but you can start to feel the energy once you become aware that it exist.
edit on 29-11-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thank you, littlewolf. I was not aware there was such an extensive thread regarding the subject, however, you are right; it will probably take me forever to try and find an answer in that whole thread xD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Originally posted by NorEaster

Most of the good ideas aren't new, merely repackaged. The Law of Attraction has had many manifestations throughout history most likely starting of with the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus which dates back to at least 1140 AD.

Do you though NE write it off altogether just because some marketers got a hold of it and dumbed it down for the general public. Just curious about your thoughts on the matter cos I've got no doubt you have some......

True about the staples of physical existence. Most are right in front of us all the time.

I don't really know the full parameters of the human intellect's capacity to initiate, manipulate and/or respond nimbly to the wide range of projected implications and established ramifications that emerge as multiple event trajectories play out and impact that specific human while in corporeal development as they do. It seems like a very all order if the expectations are too powerfully comprehensive (like physical reconfiguration - taller, prettier, smarter - or a complete transformation of one's fundamental slot within a mature society that's siloed such slots to prevent such relative transformation), but if one is only lusting after a car or a house or a job that's presently beyond reach, then positive thinking and the expectation of acquisition is critical regardless of whether LoA actually rises to the level of being a latent supernormal capacity of the human mind or not.

The results are subjective, even in those cases where the achiever can show specific historical context that connects the LoA (as they perceive it to work) to the dynamic process of their having achieved their long-held goal. Nothing about the human experience is objective. Reality is only objective, but the human experience of tha reality can only ever be subjective. That kinda forces the LoA to permanently exist within the ether of human generated subjective realty.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have manifested with it, and for me, the breakthrough came and struck like lightening in an acausal synchronistic fashion - only when I finally came to the point of firm DECISION as in "enough's enough! this just won't do anymore!". For me, it involved hitting the end of one road, coming to a brick wall, and finally when I was almost at wits end, telling it to MOVE, and it DID MOVE!

More later on what happened for me, and it's happening again.

What's needed is a firm decision, and a moment of clarity, like an epiphany - that's how to make it work. Mere "wishful thinking" doesn't do it, but in trying, you get closer to that final decisive moment when it DOES work.

edit on 29-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

new topics

top topics

join