It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding The History and Purpose of FOX News

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Hey "STARS",

Just so ya know:
I entered this thread because I thought you were an arrogant jerk. I WAS WRONG!
You're pretty damn cool!
I'm glad I met you!

See ya buddy,
Milt

PS:
Make sure you read my last post on the previous page.
edit on 5-12-2011 by BenReclused because: Add a PS

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by ILikeStars

Hey "STARS",

Just so ya know:
I entered this thread because I thought you were an arrogant jerk.

Easy now. I am a jerk, but I'm not too arrogant about it

Nope, you were right, and I was wrong. To not admit it to myself learns myself nothing, and myself likes to learn stuff other than nothing, too.

I'm off to do battle in Skyrim. I'll save battle on ATS for another day today

Although I will concede I am more than unhappy with all "news" agencies, I am especially dissapointed and ashamed of Fox, but not due to my own biases I think, more like theirs.

I may not be a full blooded Republican anymore, but I do honestly believe Fox news has been one of the most detrimental forces for the GOP since ... well, since I don't know when.

Off to Skyrim.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ugh. once again I find myself watching fox on the comedy channel (while taking a break from Skyrim).

Damn polite of the comedy channel to correct Fox's uncorrected mistakes.

edit on 7-12-2011 by ILikeStars because:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

You are on my friends' list. It's purely probationary, and don't think for one second it does not mean we shall not disagree on Fox news, politics, religion, or other ats issues in the future. I'm only adding you to my friends' list cuz u dun lurned me a thing....

btw, you being on my friends' list pretty much only means I won't try to call you names while disagreeing with you in the future.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Another FOX 'News' fail:

They replaced Romney's image with Obama. Nothing FOX 'News' does is by accident, especially with such a basic infographic. They want to show that Newt (their darling GOP establishment candidate) is more popular than Obama, and liken Romney to Obama.

It's the same tactic they use whenever a Republican goes off and does something scandalous or embarrassing, IF Fox even bothers to cover it, they always "accidentally" slap a (D) after their name instead of the (R).

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Full disclosure: I'm from Canada and I don't really get the whole Democrat/Republican thing. I also don't get the Liberal/Conservative/NDP thing we have going here.

Thinking any media outlet is presenting anything approaching the truth is a mistake. It's as if CNN is arguing that Miller Lite tastes great, and MSNBC is arguing that it's less filling, while Fox correspondents drink Miller Lite on camera. They all support the same agendas, they merely do it in superficially different ways.

The content that they want you to absorb isn't the stated content of the story. It's the unquestioned, unstated assumptions that make up the background of the stories. They will differ over what types of tactics should be used to fight a war, but will all accept that the war is right and just. They will broadly debase a protest movement, or argue that a "few bad apples" are spoiling the image of the movement...but they will never suggest that the protestors have legitimate concerns, nor will they take the focus off the violence and put it on the peaceful majority.

They may demonize "big business" but they will never run a story that offends their advertisers. Their political coverage will be strictly limited to "gotcha" politics and smearing particular parties or candidates, never systemic flaws or widespread corruption that transcends party lines.

This idea that Fox News lies is problematic because it implies that some other news outlet is somehow trustworthy. ALL the news channels portray the state's enemies as dangerous lunatics, and act as apologists for the state's allies. Some are inflammatory, and some cultivate the aura of sophistication and intelligence, but none of them are deviating from the officially approved message, the underpinning narrative, the false construct made up of our standard cultural myths.

You may now resume screaming at one another over who is a tree-hugging bleeding-heart liberal and who is a soul-less baby-eating conservative.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join