It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invest in Brown Gold--- GROW your OWN coffee trees!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been doing research into SHTF farming!!

and it seems like a good time to tell others.. before.~`~~~.youknow..~~~~

invest in Brown Gold--- GROW your OWN coffee trees!!!

indoors.. in your own home--barn-- or basement...

ONLY__16 coffee trees, are needed to supply the average American's yearly coffee drinking habit.

Here is the math:
The average American drinks 3.2 cups of coffee per day

This equates to 1,168 cups of coffee per year

Since 45 cups of coffee can be made from one pound of roasted coffee beans, then the average American consumes 25.95 pounds of roasted coffee beans per year.

Roasted coffee loses 20% of its weight in the roasting process, so the average consumption equates to 32.44 pounds of green coffee beans per year.
Note: @ 3,500 green coffee beans per pound, the average consumption would be 113,555 green coffee beans per year.

Green coffee beans are derived from twin seeds found inside a coffee cherry. These twin seeds only contribute 20% of the coffee cherry's weight, so the weight of coffee cherry's needed to satisfy the consumption is 162.2 pounds of coffee cherry.

Note: this is roughly what one person could pick in a day.

Since the average coffee tree produces 10 pounds of coffee cherry per year (2 pounds green beans), then 16 coffee trees are required to supply the average American's coffee drinking habit.
... Note: @ 1square metre per tree = 16 m2 of farming space. INDOORS!!

here is some offsite help..www.coffeeresearch.org...

The most important thing to remember about growing a Coffee Tree is that it takes years to mature to a bean growing state. so .. you should start NOW!!!!!

i have 10 trees growing in my front room,, plenty of light.. and the air just smells BETTER..

second year now.. and should fruit this summer...(hope)

GREAT barter item..!!!

butts booze bullets babes and BEANS

lol thanks.. and Good growth!

source--www.quora.com...
edit on 11/28/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

edit on 11/28/11 by darrman because: spellenglish

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No, thank you.

S+F

Because coffee is not tea. And never will be.

I'll have to move aside some other plants I've got in my basement first though. Orchids.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of work to feed a drug addiction. Coffee is great and all it takes around 7 years for your coffee plant to mature. Still Living in the tropics and 2 year old trees at $27 I could maybe motivate myself to at least get 1 in the back yard.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Better off growing Coke plants if you're going to go through all the trouble. Not to mention Caffeine is an extremely weak stimulant to bother doing this for.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I might be able to fit a couple in my living room, but if I started growing trees in the basement, I'd probably have the cops here in a heartbeat
Needing grow lights and stuff, I'm in a province where they aren't that easy to get.......

It's cold up here, with a short growing season, but I have wild chicory around, in the summer. I might trying roasting up a couple of roots next summer to see if it's worth it as a coffee substitute. No caffeine, but the flavour is supposed to be similar

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

i thought this would have gotten better support...

thats ok..

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join