It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will attack Turkey if U.S. or Israel go after their nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Iran will attack Turkey if U.S. or Israel go after their nuclear weapons

www.nydailynews.com

An Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander said Iran will target a North Atlantic Treaty Organization defense system in Turkey if its nuclear program is attacked by the U.S. or Israel.

“If there is a threat we will target NATO’s missile shields in Turkey and will then go after the next targets,” Ali Hajizadeh, Commander of the air defense division of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps. said yesterday.

Turkey will host an early warning radar as part of a NATO defense system, which will help protect against ballistic missile threats and is part of a strategic initiative agreed upon las
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
with everything going on in syria, Iran's only real ally in the region . It seems Iran will find themselves all alone in the area especially since Iraq and saudi arabia are not their fans...

Maybe finally the Iranians will have a reality check and stop with their stupid tactics, and be on the good side of history and humanity.

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can see Turkey saying.. "Umm, did anyone ask us what we thought about being attacked?"

That's like if your brother/sister did something and you got your a** beat for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ain't going to happen. To start this is just a military dude. No power, no control. Hell Amenanutjob has to listen to Kahmani, you know, the guy really in charge. Turkey's military is stronger than Israel's. Frying pan into the fire? Suicide.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

So basically Iran is holding Turkey hostage, along with Israel (proxy wars).

Just great. Iran proves once again that it's a shining moral authority on -nothing-.

The sooner we knock em out cold the better off the world will be. If we wait, they'll inevitably become stronger and more dangerous. This is not a risk we can accept.

Don't wait until they attack someone. We need to act swiftly yet unexpectedly.
edit on 28-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

An Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander said Iran will target a North Atlantic Treaty Organization defense system in Turkey if its nuclear program is attacked by the U.S. or Israel.

The title in the article is misleading. He said nuclear program, not nuclear weapons.

Talk about sensationalism.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yea go attack a country that's already a disaster zone from two huge earthquakes. That's like getting beat up then going and beating up the kid in a wheel chair.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Title should be "if U.S. or Israel go after their nuclear facilities" as no one knows if they really have or are pursuing nuclear weapons right?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Beat me to it.

That's all I stopped by to say.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I like knowing Ahmadinejad isn't in complete control, but Ali Khamenei is just as much a religious nut-job with all that 12th Mahdi nonesense.

It seems like just yesterday that Iran threatened retaliation against Israel. It's starting to sound a bit... desperate, like "PLEASE believe me! I'm tuff!"

It would probably be in their best interest not to lose their arab support by making threats like this though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
It would probably be in their best interest not to lose their arab support by making threats like this though.

But that is what they would be doing. While not "Arab" Turkey is predominantly a Muslim country. With a damn strong military:

www.globalfirepower.com...

You can click on the individual countries for a break down of individual countries capabilities.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It would be an interesting battle between two nations who seek to regain their former empires back. Turkey has been ratcheting up their efforts recently and is making many nervous in the region including Israel. Turkey is giving a nod to Egypt as of late and has been supporting the "aid flotillas" to Gaza as well.

So, Iran threatens to knock out their competition in an effort to take over Egypt? Hmmm. Iran will simply use Israel as a catalyst as the true battle of Islamic nations begins to kick into full gear.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dude lol, Iran is just itching to attack turkery. I wouldn't be surprised to see in the next breaking news head line. IRAN VOWS TO ATTACK TURKERY IF THE SUN RISES TOMMAROW.
edit on 28-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My next door neighbor hit me so i went across the street and kicked my other neighbor.

Makes perfect sense to me!!! GEEZ what is wrong with the Iranians? I mean that response there shows how irrational they are!! If the US or Israel (who Turkey hates by the way) attacks us then we will attack Turkey. Somebody please extinguish these idiots!!!!

Originally posted by CountDrac

with everything going on in syria, Iran's only real ally in the region . It seems Iran will find themselves all alone in the area especially since Iraq and saudi arabia are not their fans...

Maybe finally the Iranians will have a reality check and stop with their stupid tactics, and be on the good side of history and humanity.

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
Dude lol, Iran is just itching to attack turkery. I wouldn't be surprised to see in the next breaking news head line. IRAN VOWS TO ATTACK TURKERY IF THE SUN RISES TOMMAROW.

What leads you to believe this? Iran could hold the Turkish forces off for weeks, as opposed to Syria, that would be days. Why do you think they would be that stupid to initiate that type of action?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

other than the two last breaking news threads, This one and one from a few days ago, With Iran stating it will attack Turkey if.. Well nothing.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

That'd be nuts. Iran can't win a war against the Turks. In any way. Whoa, just had a thought. If Iran's gov't was that stupid the country would be taken over by another NATO country. Yes, Turkey is a member of NATO. Hmm, that makes 3 countries all linked. Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq. Or coincidence.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Turkey would MOP THE FLOOR with Iran. No doubt about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What we have here is a good ol' mexican standoff...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just underscores how pathetically sad Iran is. "if we get hit, then we'll attack so and so who wasnt even involved in the attack". Freaking idiots. Not the Iranian people but the regime.....they need to be decapitated and let the Iranian peopple thrive without the cruelty of the Mullahs.

<<   2 >>

join