It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone justified Beslan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Has their been any groups that have justified what happened to those poor children in Beslan? I would really like to see someone try to justify the sick stuff they did.

Children have no place in a war. Specifically targetting them is just plain sick and disturbing.

Yeah, yeah, Chechnya has been persecuted by Russia for years, why not have an open war? None of this sneaking around killing hostages and innocent civilians.

In fact I DARE you to to justifiy it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There needs to be a better process of dealing with terrorists. By applying the same rules and laws, that the rest of society abides by, to these people we not only validate them as members of society we devalue the entire process. Terrorists should be viewed as nothing short of a disease. You eradicate a disease by killing it, and then you remove as many sources of sustainence to the disease so it cannot return.

To get rid of the plague we learned to clean up the places where we lived, we improved sewage and realised that we needed to remove garbage quickly so the rats that carried the plague did not have a place to breed and multiple (and feed off of). You remove the sources of sustainance (money/arms) from terrorists (a fine example is Saudi Arabia) and you cut off the disease before it can grow and multiply.

Society as a whole, or even in a smaller sense, is not lessened by killing terrorists - it's not "lowering ourselves to their level" it's simply disease management. Wipe them all out, no questions, trials, etc. You get caught in the act of commiting a terrorist act, you get shot. You get caught in the act of training for a terrorist act, you get shot. You get caught supplying arms or monies to fund a terrorist act or organization, you get shot. Pretty simple.

I realise it's not as simple as that (developed nations also have to improve living conditions in the rest of the world so there are no longer places where this disease [terrorism] can grow roots and multiply), but wasting as many of these sick bastards as possible is a darn good start.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There is no justification. Absolutely none.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Russia should follow the money trail, i bet it leads back to saudi's, bin ladens and the bush's.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
How about this for a justification.....

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

Omar Bakri Mohammed, the spiritual leader of the extremist sect al-Muhajiroun, said that holding women and children hostage would be a reasonable course of action for a Muslim who has suffered under British rule.

In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Mohammed said:

"If an Iraqi Muslim carried out an attack like that in Britain, it would be justified because Britain has carried out acts of terrorism in Iraq. As long as the Iraqi did not deliberately kill women and children, and they were killed in the crossfire, that would be okay."

Mr Mohammed, 44, who lives in Edmonton, north London, but is originally from Syria, also claimed that the Chechen rebels were not responsible for the deaths of more than 350 people - at least half of them children - who are so far known to have died in Beslan.

"The Mujahideen [Chechen rebels] would not have wanted to kill those people, because it is strictly forbidden as a Muslim to deliberately kill women and children. It is the fault of the Russians,"
he said.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
No one has tried to justifiy there actions even the media in the middle east has condemed the hijacking of the school.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It seems the previous commentator wants a brief lesson on the difference between condoning an act and condemning it. I am not sure whether to condone or condemn that.

Over and out for a wee while.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
In my opinion there is no way to condone such acts. If they want to take someone hostage, take members of the Russian government that had to do with the persecution (spelling) of the Chechyans. Or even go to the UN about the persecution. These 'terrorists' are lower than anything I've seen in recent times.

top topics

join