It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Occupiers Harass Photographers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I would say private would be behind closed doors or in your car but not in a public place like a park. IMO.
What they did in that video is exactly waht the cult of Scientology does. I know your question wasn't directed at me but I felt like answereing anyway.

Also some people have been on the fence about this movement and it is as simple as it sounds. We were undecided. I had hope for it but I have not seen anything that will evoke any change.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Fox news, repeatedly across the country has planted things at camps for their photographers. They have lied about it, or painted it in extreme negativity. You guys who have such critical things to say should note the differences in the stories between FOX and other mainstream news. And it isn't as if none of you know that FOX is typically BS. FOX reporters, cameras, and crews have been across the board unwelcome at Occupy camps and justly so. Murdoch is a prick.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Dear kellerphoenix,

I want to be clear if I have a car accident then everything that ever happened in my life is public?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I would say private would be behind closed doors or in your car but not in a public place like a park. IMO.
What they did in that video is exactly waht the cult of Scientology does. I know your question wasn't directed at me but I felt like answereing anyway.

Also some people have been on the fence about this movement and it is as simple as it sounds. We were undecided. I had hope for it but I have not seen anything that will evoke any change.

Dear Grimpachi,

What is private? May we look into your bedroom whenever we want? When does what they are asking change what we can ask them? Where does the constitution matter?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Now you are being ridiculous, you understand what I said. No not everything in your life is public but if you have a meeting in a public area I don't think you can expect your privacy will be invaded.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

For one in california you're not allowed to secretly tape people. If you're in public and have no expectation of privacy then that doesn't apply. Also taping does not include taking photographs. Also you can ask someone not to take your picture but if you're in their face contantly it becomes harassment. Also in public it doesn't matter if you're a celebrity or not. Same applies. You go to public = no privacy. It's really rather simple.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Use common sense. I know common sense isn't common anymore but give me a break.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Fox news, repeatedly across the country has planted things at camps for their photographers. They have lied about it, or painted it in extreme negativity. You guys who have such critical things to say should note the differences in the stories between FOX and other mainstream news. And it isn't as if none of you know that FOX is typically BS. FOX reporters, cameras, and crews have been across the board unwelcome at Occupy camps and justly so. Murdoch is a prick.

Do you have any proof of this? If you do please post it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Go back and watch the video again, the "photographer" wasn't just taping background, he was harassing him and was repeatedly requested to stop. The rules are slightly different for public figures; but, in California the courts have tightened up on the rules because paparazzi have been responsible for causing the people they were chasing to have car accidents.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have seen all 3 videos several times already. I know the law. Even if you feel harrassed by someone taking pictures that doesn't make it so. You're in public = no privacy. Stop beating a dead horse.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by KendraSins

Its a free country and journalists are allowed to document the news last time I checked.

Or are we a communist country now?

Are you ok?
You are arguing against something I did not say.
I question the validity of this story.

All you sheep just EAT IT UP!!!!

OH it makes OWS look bad, it must be true. Hey it comes from FOX, and ENTERTAINMENT company known for lies, it MUST BE TRUE.

So do I need you to actually attempt to respond to what I said when you hit reply to my post instead of just automatically spouting the argument you are pre-programmed to make.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I no longer know what to think of OWS every time I try to have a meaningfull conversation with one of thier supporters they try to bash me.

Please enumerate such instances. When are you talking to these supporters? Where are you finding them? How mean are they to you?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by KendraSins

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

I think its great.

Occupy protestors who don't want to be photographed.

Imagine that!

What is great? This entertaining video?
If that is what you base your opinions off of then good for you. Nothing like letting an entertainment company tell you what you should think and then watching you proudly tell us how you enjoy thinking just what you were told to think.

Afraid much?

Of what?
I am afraid of the number of people on ATS that will eat up any story handed to them from the same MSM they consistently bash for lying whenever it tells them a story they want to hear.

I just want some confirmation on this from one other source and my asking that seemed to make you more afraid than anything I fear. Why the backlash over my asking "is this true?"

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
And frankly speaking, why are people on this site saying things like: "I was on the fence before, but now I'm anti-OWS".

YUP!!!!!!!!

I am getting sick of seeing that too because everytime I check their posting history and thet are all pro-Republicans with no pro-OWS posts anywhere. It is a line they have been taught to repeat to make them seem credible.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Confirmed this story from any other source yet?
Why is that taking so long?
Why am I being met with resistance for asking?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is just like in your next couple posts. You claim that everyone that is against it is pro republican and you claim to have looked up all my posts. You are either lieing or lazy. And I am not republican. You would know that if you had researched what you claim.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
And frankly speaking, why are people on this site saying things like: "I was on the fence before, but now I'm anti-OWS".

YUP!!!!!!!!

I am getting sick of seeing that too because everytime I check their posting history and thet are all pro-Republicans with no pro-OWS posts anywhere. It is a line they have been taught to repeat to make them seem credible.

You didn't check my history.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am still pro-ows, of course because I don't let one little thing change my mind and the general idea of the movement is all that matters.

These guys just didn't want their pictures taken, and they didn't want outsiders who don't support the cause harassing them and following them with cameras. Police have to let you film them, normal citizens may ask other citizens not to film them. Since they are in a public place, they can be filmed, but usually a polite person would say "fine, I'll film somewhere else if you don't like it". Not everyone down there who is showing support for the movement wants their face everywhere and I don't blame em.

Whoever thinks this makes the occupiers look bad, I am gonna come to your house and every time you walk outside film you even when you ask me not to. Only celebrities should have to deal with that crap.

These occupiers were just reverse trolling the trolls, an effective method of trolling.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

YUP!!!!!!!!

Woaoa there. I am pro-OWS, but I support Ron Paul who is running as a Republican. OWS is NOT left or right, anyone trying to make it that way is just hijacking the movement.

Did they mic check Obama because he was a republican? No, because he's not, that is not what this movement is about.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hey you're right, that wasn't an occupy camp behind them that was a green screen.

Amazing work guys from fox News, go post this video on youtube. Let's go make this evil fox news empire even eviler.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join