It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth a big Capacitor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is one of the questions that goes through my mind right now.And how can this influence us!
All the natural processes that happen on our planet day by day inside and outside,the influence on the living beings and plants,are related to this big capacitor that is our planet>Do capacitors attract lightnings?Yes.Do capacitors influence the interaction of the tectonic plates?Yes.

TextApproximate the Earth as a spherical shell with some excess charge –Q surrounded by another spherical shell with and equal but opposite charge +Q.
link(faculty.wwu.edu...

source(faculty.wwu.edu...

The electrical processes inside the Earth also could produce natural fission,as a result of the interaction between the rocks and high density particles electrical charged ,but the process could be more complicated then we believe

TextNuclear reactors could be burning deep beneath the ground, two scientists have claimed. They say that uranium could become sufficiently concentrated at the base of Earth’s mantle to ignite self-sustained nuclear fission, as in a human-made reactor. This is not the first time that natural ‘georeactors’ deep inside Earth have been proposed, and the idea has previously been greeted with scepticism by geoscientists. But physicist Rob de Meijer of the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa, and geochemist Wim van Westrenen of the Free University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, believe that their new proposal1 is more plausible. Radioactive decay of unstable isotopes of heavy elements such as uranium happens all the time beneath Earth's surface. The energy released contributes significantly to the heat of Earth’s mantle, which is also warmed by the planet's molten iron core. This combined heating creates convection currents in the sluggish mantle rock that ultimately power the drift of tectonic plates at the surface, giving rise to mountain ranges and earthquakes. But the intense ‘burning’ of radioactive fuel in nuclear reactors relies on a chain reaction in which nuclear decay of some atoms releases subatomic particles that stimulate the decay of others. This is possible only if the decaying atoms are much more concentrated than they generally are in rocks and minerals. “In the normal mantle, there is no way you could get a high enough concentration”, says van Westrenen.
link(www.nature.com...

So the question is if those natural nuclear reactors could interact with man made reactors and produce a chain reaction earthquakes and other events!

TextYet it is clear that natural nuclear reactors can occur. Crustal rocks at Oklo in Gabon, Africa, bear unambiguous evidence of spontaneous ignition of uranium fission in mineral deposits 1.7 billion years ago. That is thought to be a very unusual case. But some researchers have previously suggested, although it's not a widely held view, that gravity could cause a concentration of radioactive ultra-heavy elements such as uranium. These elements might sink down into Earth’s core, where they are enriched enough to ignite georeactors. Such proposals don’t, however, seem to fit with what is known about how elements are distributed between the mantle and the core. De Meijer and van Westrenen now have a different idea, which draws on recent discoveries about the distribution of an isotope of the rare element neodymium in rocks2,3. Those observations suggested that there is a ‘reservoir’ of material deep inside Earth, which formed soon after the birth of the planet, about 4.5 billion years ago, and has not mixed with the rest of the mantle. The only place where such a reservoir could easily exist is at the very bottom of the mantle, at the boundary with the core, where convection currents don’t really reach to cause much stirring.
link(www.nature.com...

TextSuch a reactor would probably function as a 'breeder' reactor, generating plutonium fuel as it burns the original uranium. This means that such reactors could still be running today. What's more, because the other decay products include helium and xenon, this could help to explain the confusing ratios of these elements in volcanic magma, van Westrenen suggests.
link(www.nature.com...

I think that lightnings are produced inside this big capacitor that is Earth

source(www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Just like lightnings are produced when a volcano erupts the same way at different depths inside our planet we have powerful lightnings that could produce fission reaction due to pressure and temperature!Also tectonic plates friction produce lightnings and static electricity!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lol - JesusIsSavior.com is where I get all my scientific information from too

But really it's a pretty interesting theory, if I knew more about geology and capacitors I'd have more input, but it's always nice to see an alternative perspective on our world and our lives

BTW I think Gaia theory (in which the Earth is a living organism) is also pretty fascinating

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Lol - JesusIsSavior.com is where I get all my scientific information from too

But really it's a pretty interesting theory, if I knew more about geology and capacitors I'd have more input, but it's always nice to see an alternative perspective on our world and our lives

BTW I think Gaia theory (in which the Earth is a living organism) is also pretty fascinating
Yes I think is true because some scientist theoreticaly proof so but in practice no one look inside the earth with all they're satellites they have!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yes thats what I think.

Here is one of my threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Earth's Magnetic Poles Equates Over Unity Free Energy Spin on Axis!

www.overunity.com...
The earth is perpetual motion

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes you are right,the electrons we get from the sun are polarized to the magnetic poles,but because we have a gap between the physical pole and the magnetic pole the geomagnetic field is held to an angle outside the magnetosphere.So the radiation level it's much higher then normal though we don't have long time period of measurement like hundreds of years and the lithosphere can't give us accurate numbers!

new topics

top topics

join