It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Patience may be a virtue here, I have an opinion on conspiracy, although I suspect I see it very differently from most.
My head hurts, its hurts every time I come here. Topics, opinions, discussions, arguments, every piece and every person provides the heart of this community. From the barely literate to lyrically minded everyone has an opinion, everyone can have their say. That’s right, that’s what thousands of years of civilisation led us to. Free debate, free minds discussing the very things which matter to them. By constantly evolving our social and political understanding we sit here typing away able to give our opinion and enter into debate because our ancestors had the desire for oppressing the stifling social and political systems of the past. And my head hurts. Its hurts because I see a world of difference. I see those who are able to tell the wheat from the chaff, who know the difference of the merits of primary sources and the need for weight of the burden of proof to be upon the extraordinary claim, rather than just accepting the extraordinary claim because of that’s what it is. My head hurts because some people seem willing to accept any old trash as evidence for the extraordinary.
Thousands of years have brought us to the this place, this hallowed place of the 21st century where all the tools of our forefathers are at our disposal to make decisions, to form opinions, this place of science, evidenced based reasoning and sometimes my head hurts because I fear we will back slide. Ignorance is sad place to be, a sad and dangerous place. I don`t want to be burning witches because of a lack of understanding but the truth is it is only a short hop, skip and jump back there.
Religion, it keeps you on the straight and narrow through fear, fear of the hell fire of eternal damnation in the fires of hell. The State, the Establishment, The government, TPTB, they keep you on the straight and narrow through fear, fear of prison, fear of being socially ostracised, fear of being outcast, fear of having your liberty withdrawn through any one of any number of increasing oppressive actions. And here lies the crux of the issue. Each of these fine institutions which we have created of many thousands of years are more and more actively withdrawing and obfuscating and denying you of the education you need to make reasoned and rational decisions.
This, my friends is the greatest and worst of the aims of any conspiracy, real or imagined. Thousands of years of civilisation got us to this point and now someone wants to withdraw that basic right. They want to do it because a society that lacks the ability to make reasoned and sound decisions is one that will ultimately lead to the down fall of society, the back slide and descent into the madness of war, disease and the other two guys riding the horses of the apocalypse.
Now I want to be clear here I don`t believe in 99.999% of the stuff I see on here and really that’s the problem. All too often I see people willing to drop every piece of evidence just to accept the most outlandish piece of BS available and it makes my head hurt. The proof must be compelling that’s why I`m here because I`m looking for the that proof but most people don`t seem to understand the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Things become a matter of belief, cult or personality and not evidence. This is so wrong. The motto of this board is deny ignorance not support ignorance.
I can only think that there is a conspiracy to deny our education and repress it. Why else would I see people trip over themselves for the flimsiest of evidence. I want to believe but it does n`t mean I`ll compromise on the evidence.
I`ll concede the above is more of a statement that a discussion point but we as a community must do more to recognise that education is the cornerstone of our interests and that it you ever hope to prove something that the weight and integrity of the evidence must be a level above that which is normal. I don`t expect this subject to do anything than bomb and never really be read but if I were the TPTB I can`t think of any better way to breed the situation I wanted than by not actually giving you the tools to discern the truth form the lies and make you believe the lies are true and the true, lies.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cassini

Now I want to be clear here I don`t believe in 99.999% of the stuff I see on here and really that’s the problem. All too often I see people willing to drop every piece of evidence just to accept the most outlandish piece of BS available and it makes my head hurt. The proof must be compelling that’s why I`m here because I`m looking for the that proof but most people don`t seem to understand the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Things become a matter of belief, cult or personality and not evidence. This is so wrong. The motto of this board is deny ignorance not support ignorance. I can only think that there is a conspiracy to deny our education and repress it. Why else would I see people trip over themselves for the flimsiest of evidence. I want to believe but it does n`t mean I`ll compromise on the evidence.

My sentiments exactly.

You'll probably get bashed for your OP, but some of us actually do agree with you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cassini

My head hurts because some people seem willing to accept any old trash as evidence for the extraordinary.

Yes, agreed.

Bump.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Sadly Chamberf=6, it seems that whilst there is tacit acknowledgement on the boards of this fact, those who don`t understand the points being made are too busy scouring youtube for the next piece of incontrovertible evidence and those possessed with enough to see it don`t see the need debate it. Its just reduces to petty arguments on threads rather than there being any intelligent debate.

Appreciate your views and feedback!

top topics

join