It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Evidence of Moses's Journey out of Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

This - to me - is an amazing video.

It follows the story of Moses out of Egypt, to the Biblical mountain where moses received the 10 commandments.

I thought this was a great video.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I wonder why the Egyptians never mentioned Moses.
edit on 25-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

I've seen this before, this video is based on Ron Wyatt's findings that Mt. Sinai is in Saudi Arabia compared to the original location of the Sinai desert. It is excellent video, especially in that it provides as an alternative to usual historical accounts we are accustomed too. Nice find OP.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Agreed, its just cool that there are two different histories! lol

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm not posting this for any religious reason - I am posting it because I found it very interesting.

I think as truth seekers - it is important for us to keep an open mind, and consider all possible evidence for anything; historical, or other.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
james cameron,the guy who made the titanic & avatar movies,made a documentary on the hebrews and moses.
i can't remember the name of the film though,may an ATS member can help here,but it was a very interesting film.
if you can get the title,i urge people to watch it.i thought it was quite good!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

This proves nothing at all

If I say the red chicken ate lunch in new york and then 2000 years later people find out that new york use to exist does that prove that the red chicken ate lunch there?
edit on 25-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

The title of the post says POSSIBLE proof - not absolute.

Your analogy is silly.

This is talking about people - not a red chicken - and a historical account from those people's culture.

Please keep in mind, religion aside, that this is a peoples historical account. With religion out of the picture, it is possible that these events happened - they escaped Egypt, and traveled to a different land.

edit on 25-11-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I was talking about the video, not the thread
its not silly because its no different to what they are saying
it is talking about people in a book that has never been proved to be real, so they might as well be talking about a red chicken
how can it be a historical account if there is no facts or evidence?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Then by that stand point - we could say that all ancient stories are all fake.

There's no proof the Titanic hit a giant peice of ice - that's just hear say from the survivors. It was clearly attacked by a 500 foot shark.

There's no proof the Mayan people practiced human sacrafise - that's just hear say because they wrote and spoke about it. After all there are no bodies.

Common man - this is just archeology. The similaraties of this place to the biblical acount is very similar.

It may not be the right place.... maybe the story in the bible never happened.

But people said the same thing about the story of Troy untill they found the city of Troy....

My personal thouht is that our ancestors didn't just sit around and say, "Let's make this story up from thin air, so our decendents will have something to wonder about.... yeah that's a brilliant idea."

Or is is possible these events did take place in one form or another, and that there is at the very least a shread of truth to every story.

Don't be so narrow minded and dismiss something so easily. Think, and consider all possible angles before you say, "Nope - impossible."

Red chicken..... please.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well yes, any history that does not have a factual basis may indeed be fake. But then again, people don’t let their lives and others be dictated by "history" with no factual basis.

As you are being off topic I will not respond to your comments about irrelevant historical events.

How do similarities prove anything? Because that’s what the video is saying, that this proves the bible right. Its not just archaeology, its propaganda.

Sorry but the city of troy does not prove the story of troy.

Your right, they used the ancient idea of religion in the case of christanity for monetary and power gain.. Not for people to wonder about.

It is possible, but so improbable it’s almost impossible. The story of the bible is just as likely as the red chicken creating the universe because they both have equal proof.

I’m being narrow minded?

Red chicken, jesus, santa claus.. There’s no difference

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You are missing the point completly.

I am saying that in all myth, or all ledgend, or all accounts there may be some shred of truth.

Just because they found the city of Troy doesn't mean the story of Troy happened. But the fact that the city does exist, when it was once considered fiction indicates that there may be more to our world than we know of.

I don't think my statments were made off topic - they are a part of the debate we are having - and providing, in my opinion, a very valid point: that we don't know everything, and stories that are passed down does hold some water - if even a drop.

How, I ask of you, is this propaganda?

I said all religion aside - that indicates I am seeking historical acounts, not God accounts, that indicates I am only interested in the history here.

I am a Christian - and yes the idea that this could further my religions history excites me - but I am not pushing that point in this thread.

I am pushing the point of a possible historic discovery, which has enough evidence to support a POSSIBLE link to Moses and a biblical acount.

The story of the Trojan horse was a story of myth and ledgend - but as I said earlier: There was obviously some truth to the story, as they have now found Troy.

So the fact that Troy existed proves at least one aspect of the story was true.

I'm not really trying to argue with you - only trying to say that some truth may have been found - and that all stories may have some shred of truth or something to glean from our history.

Agreed?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The one thing that you are missing is that there is no (zero, none, nada) physical archeological evidence found in the desert between Egypt and Canaan showing that millions of nomads wandered there for 40 years. There is not one single burial that has been uncovered, not one single piece of pottery, not one damned foreskin knife that doesn't OBVIOUSLY belong to another culture.
Now, if you were a juror, and were presented with a person's testimony that something occurred, but there was no physical evidence, which would had to have been left behind, would you believe that person's testimony? I sure as hell wouldn't. Go ahead though, keep your head buried in the sand. I know that it's very comfortable. I did it for many years of my life.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Head buried in the sand....

I often hate sayings like this, because it implies that I am stuipid for what I choose to hold faith in.

You are absolutly nobody to judge me.

Just because you gave up on your faith doesn't mean I'll give up on mine.

No proof..... Think for just a moment how long ago that truly was. Possibly the only remains from a nomadic traveling group of people would be just stone....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I believe that

1. Their findings are multiple and solid.
2. The videos are demonstrable proofs of significant elements, evidence of the Moses narrative.
3. That the Saudi's hide, cover-up, destroy such evidence is a crime against humanity and against God.
4. Their findings are among the more blessed and thrilling discoveries in my 65 years.

I realize that dyed-in-the-wool skeptics/rebels will not be convinced . . . regardless. They are tooooo addicted to

DENYING TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Pride is more than sufficient reason for the Egyptians to not mention Moses

and

to remove all mention of him already installed on glyphs etc.

Having Pharoah die in the Red Sea as a result of miraculous actions by Moses' God is PLENTY of justification to

NOT GO THERE!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
I wonder why the Egyptians never mentioned Moses.

They probably called him something else Egyptian, something related to the the various pharoahs named Tuthmosis. He was only half-Egyptian, though, so he's not included in their histories. And when he left, it was a big deal to the Hebrews, but probably not so much to the Egyptians, because there probably really weren't that many of them, and they weren't needed because of the string of bad weather events they had that slowed the economy down for a while. The Egyptians had all kinds of slave groups coming in and going out of the country. What's another one, even if led by a bastard half-Egyptian leader?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

imho,

That's overmuch rationalization.

The Israelites, IIRC, were likely between 1- 2 million when they left. That many slaves leaving would have been a problem.

Pharoah and his arming being drowned in the Red Sea would have been a big deal . . . but not one they'd have liked to have had advertised in ANY way.

BTW, I love the findings of Moses era Egyptian chariot wheels being found in the Red Sea.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Obviously a nomadic wandering in an inhospitable desert for less than half a century would provide about the same small amount of evidence as a a city that was in existence for hundreds of years.

Amirite?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join