It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Says He Was Fired Over Treating Muslim Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

On Dec. 1, 2010, Gordon said Benitez was fired. She said he was told it was "not because of any performance problem, but was instead carried out because the clinic's conservative male Muslim clientele did not want a male treating female patients." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This nurse did not work for a hospital or a private company; he worked for the Dearborn Health Department, a government agency. The 63-year-old has been working as a nurse for 30 years, and according to the article was a pretty good one. He was fired over offending Muslim sensibilities.

This is a problem my friends. I've written before about Muslim cab drivers in Minneapolis refusing to take blind passengers with guide dogs or those with alcohol in their possession on as fares, and the Christians pastors who were arrested - in Dearborn - for the crime of passing out Christian literature on a public street near a Muslim festival.

This has got to stop.

I don't care what religion a person practices in their own home or place of worship, but when their religion interferes with my way of life it becomes a problem for me. Sometime before Christmas I hope to visit Dearborn because it has one of the largest concentrations of Muslims in the United State that is within driving distance. I was going to speak with some imams from the various mosques about American Muslim sentiment towards US meddling in the Middle East, but I think I'm going to have to include this as a topic of conversation as well.

What say you ATS? Is this creeping Shariah law thing a problem for you too?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So...wait...

None of the females objected? I can see if a Muslim woman was like "please, I'd like a woman caretaker," and he repeatedly would refuse and make his patient uncomfortable. Even then it would be extreme to fire him.

But if the women being treated have no problem...what's the problem?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
its a shame he got fired..
he should have been given other duties to perform at his workplace damn hard to find good nursing staff..

however in most asian cultures when it comes to providing medical treatment to women it is preferred to have women provide the treatment to protect the modesty and dignity of the women or at very least to have a woman present while providing treatment to female patients so that they are not taken advantage of.

Prior to going into semi-retirement had two very competent women that hired and trained to assist when working with female patients.

And yes I happen to agree with the custom as there are men who do take advantage of women..

Its not just islamic culture that observes such practices.
edit on 24/11/11 by Expat888 because: minor clarification...

edit on 24/11/11 by Expat888 because: additional minor correction..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Man you always find the best stuff to read.. wow really>? unbelievable.. this is rather sad look what the worlds coming tooo

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yes, this is creeping shariah.
Couldn't his supervisor have just told him that he is not to treat muslim women?
Fireing him is extreme.
We have to Stop bending over for these muzzies.
You know the old saying, "give and inch and they take a mile".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
So...wait...

None of the females objected? I can see if a Muslim woman was like "please, I'd like a woman caretaker," and he repeatedly would refuse and make his patient uncomfortable. Even then it would be extreme to fire him.

The women didn't have a problem with it their husbands did. Not really a surprise seeing that is the reason why the woman is coverup is for their husbands.

She said he was told it was "not because of any performance problem, but was instead carried out because the clinic's conservative male Muslim clientele did not want a male treating female patients." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 24-11-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
So...wait...

The article made no mention of any complaints by patients. If there had been complaints, I'm sure the DHD would have been quick to offer that as a reason for his termination. Instead, they had "no comment."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Yes, this is creeping shariah.
Couldn't his supervisor have just told him that he is not to treat muslim women?
Fireing him is extreme.
We have to Stop bending over for these muzzies.
You know the old saying, "give and inch and they take a mile".

The Muslim nursing supervisor who fired him did tell him not to treat women. The article says he complied with that request until he was ordered to tend to the women by a doctor. When the Muslim supervisor learned of this the nurse was fired.

Conflicting orders.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
don't all hospitals tweak things for religious purposes?
kosher meals are always available.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys, but I have to bail on this thread for now. There is breaking news in the Middle East and I'm writing up the story now.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

this is a tricky situation. there certainly is a small sharia segment in dearborn, but most people in metro detroit know lots of cool muslims. if this guy is telling the truth, I would hope he is vindicated.

my local smoke shop in vegas was bought out by a group of pakis, indians, and arabs from MI, and bless allah, they sell FAYGO!!!! so maybe I'm bias

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Call me when they stock Grape NeHi.

Here's the breaking news I was telling everyone about: Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten US Navy Carrier

God, I need a drink.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

This. It is the discretion of the patient who services them. And they can have any reason they want for telling you to toss off. if the family has an issue with it, and the patient herself doesn't mind however, it does become an administrative call which can be overridden at the request of the patient. Further, if the women are invalid and unable to give their own opinion, then the nearest family member sets the terms of care.

Anyone outside the patient, the patient's immediate family (in case of no input from the patient) or the facility administrator / DNS does not have any say in the treatment of a patient.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"Muslims should keep their religion at home! Stop imposing Sharia law!"
"Ugh people need to follow God and this country needs to put a stop to abortions and marriage equality!"

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by angrymomma

This. It is the discretion of the patient who services them. And they can have any reason they want for telling you to toss off. if the family has an issue with it, and the patient herself doesn't mind however, it does become an administrative call which can be overridden at the request of the patient. Further, if the women are invalid and unable to give their own opinion, then the nearest family member sets the terms of care.

Anyone outside the patient, the patient's immediate family (in case of no input from the patient) or the facility administrator / DNS does not have any say in the treatment of a patient.

From the information contained in the article, there were never any complaints from patients or families of patients. The decision to have the male nurse stay away from female Muslim patients was made, arbitrarily, by the Muslim nursing supervisor who thought that there may be an objection at some time in the future.

I hope this guy gets a buttload of cash from his lawsuit. It would serve the City of Dearborn right for all of the discrimination they practice against non-Muslims these days.
edit on 11/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

If the Muslims don't like it they can always set up their own hospitals as they do their schools. Until then they are in no position as to who treats who unless they have private medical insurance.....which most of them probably don't have.

Kind of like Muslim students at Catholic Universities demanding their own prayer room!
edit on 25-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The nurse was doing what nurses are supposed to do - and he was FIRED? Because some extremist NUTTER objected?

Firstly, I blame the hospital. Stand by your staff.

Secondly, I am SICK AND TIRED OF ALL RACIST/RELIGIOUS LUNATICS WHO ARE WRECKING SOCIETY AND THIS PLANET.

Thirdly, I am extremely ANGRY, which is why I have posted in caps.

A message to extremists - stay in your own country and stop ruining everyone else's life.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
From the information contained in the article, there were never any complaints from patients or families of patients. The decision to have the male nurse stay away from female Muslim patients was made, arbitrarily, by the Muslim nursing supervisor who thought that there may be an objection at some time in the future.

Then it's a staffing conflict. Though I'll be honest, if your supervisor says "don't do this," then you're better off not doing it while going over his head to have his arbitrary BS countered. At least this is how it would be handled where I work, which I'll admit, is a vastly smaller facility without nearly so many tiers of staff.

I hope this guy gets a buttload of cash from his lawsuit. It would serve the City of Dearborn right for all of the discrimination they practice against non-Muslims these days.

yeeeah, how about you and I just stick with the topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dear all you religious folks out there: take your religion and shove it!!

This GARBAGE is getting aggravating!!

Between it inspiring wars and hate and now trouble in the workplace, [color=limegreen]TAKE YOUR RELIGION AND SHOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

All of your lunatic religions!!

edit on 25-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

YEAH!

Organised religion and racism is the cause of all wars (and greed is a huge cause of course).

GO HANG!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join