It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Watt - "Never watch the Televison"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I dare you to keep watching TV after watching this video...you won't want to...you'll be free!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Sadly a good invention turn into a salesman in our own houses.
edit on 24-11-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In order to combat propaganda, you need to know what game they're playing.
I *do* watch the TV, because the agenda is easier to see when you read between the lines. Some of it is so overt that it's embarrassing, but I still watch.

Know your enemy.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

why do you think it is mandatory that everyone has access to a television , by the government [

lets have a cite for this " fact "

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yet you're using the internet...which is capable of everything a television is but 1 million times more.

How ironic?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I was just watching a prison documentary show called Lockdown and the episode was about the Tent City prison and the warden didn't have tvs for the inmates. Well, the governer said he had to let the inmates have tv. Even though the prison is outdoors and there are other things to do, and even though these people are criminals and it would cost more money, the warden was forced to let them all watch tv... He stubbornly obliged but decided on what channels they could watch. C-Span, cooking shows, weather channel, etc... However he did set up a bicycle that would power a tv that inmates could choose their programming, as he is a staunch supporter of excercise.

I know its not the same, but I just thought I would mention it. And I have been in dirt poor welfare apartments where a 3 bedroom apartment is like $90 a month for a family of 6, and they still had 3 or 4 tvs... So maybe it isn't exactly a law, but it has been made possible for everyone to have access to tv... Even prisoners. However prisoners can have privileges revoked as a behavioral control method...
edit on 25-11-2011 by 3n19m470 because: sp

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

without further facts - i cannot comment on your tent prison example

but appologies - i actually used a flawed transription , ommitting the key clause " in britain "

as i am a UK resident - this claim naturally suprised me - as i have encountered no evidence for its veracity

thus - i demanded a cite

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just finished listening and thought of this thread ...I thought I would pass it along ..
peterbcollins.com...-3787
This is part 3 of our interview series based on the recently released book -The CIA on Campus: Essays on Academic Freedom and the National Security State, edited by Dr. Philip Zwerling. It’s another installment in the Boiling Frogs series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.Professor Roberto Gonzalez joins us to discuss the high school “Spy Camp” program as part of a pilot grant from the US Office of Director of National Intelligence (DNI) to create an “Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence” (IC Center) with the goal to increase the pool of future applicants for careers in the US intelligence community such as the CIA, FBI and DIA. He explains the intentions behind the program being consciously directed at schools in low income regions and where minority students are the majority. Dr. Gonzalez talks about the ethical implications of involving universities with intelligence agencies like CIA, intellectual and moral dilemmas caused by militarized culture, the highly troubling cloak of secrecy surrounding scholarships provided to target students, the impact of funding and grants on university and college educators and administrators and more!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The tv is a poison pill....tax is called an controlled theft from your wealth. Nice vid.

top topics

join