It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia or Psychic Ability?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I personally think it is worth considering!

My mother worked in a state mental hospital, and I often would go to work with her. I was often struck by the claims of the patients having an eerie sort of synchronicity. Like there would be a patient sitting in a corner talking their "word salad" by themself, and if you moved closer, the words and phrases would start to bring up names, events, or things that had significance in my own life at that time!

I began to think that the very nature of some of these psychological disorders was that they were not "closed"- that their subconscious was letting in the flow of consciousness around them at all times with no filter.
Maybe they were the oracles of old....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

You saw their past. It's an imprint of where they just were. You have an ability to see where a living being has been. You aren't crazy, you have a cool ability.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I had tons on Deja-vu's

most of the times the deja-vu came from nightmaredreams,
but in reality it acted diffrently,
When i was doing something and received a deja-vu i always thought, something terrible is going to happen now.
eventually nothing bad happend.

My first deja-vu
i was like 7-8 years old
i was walking in my childhood near restaurants,stores, conrnershops and saw a man walking past me and my brain reacted like a saw it before, i remembered all details like i had seen it before, even how the man walked. how to sun burned on my head and the background noise i heard.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UNKNOWNPURPLE

I have been through everything these people have discussed. Turns out I had a seizure disorder in the temporal lobe. partial seizures that did not have me lose consciousness. It is the sense area so you can hallucinate with it. When I started the seizure medicines at 30 years old after never knowing about it, I did not see the people when I closed my eyes. I really remember this little farm boy from like the early 1900s. He stood out because he seemed so familiar and innocent. I was excited to know their was a way to be normal, but I ended up in my moms lap crying about losing the sight after so many years. The people I saw had become a part of me. My priestess has told me that the seizure disorder is what may be opening me up to the spiritual world or as I do, I try to block it because I fear if it isn't spiritual then if I pay too much attention I could slip into schizophrenia and never find my way back. One recent event that happened just before my medicines were given was my husband and I were in VA Voc Rehab, I was graduating with honors and had an internship with tenn depart of environmental conservation, and he was failing his degree, likely because of interrupted Internet when he was out at sea on his drilling ship. I had a dream that a male and female were talking about me and I knew it was my husband but the female was next to my bed she had no image but I wanted to kill her invisible presence. I told my priest I had no idea what's going on but three days later I found emails he was talking to an old highschool girl friend and he was talking about our marriage. I felt betrayed. He thought he was venting but turned out she told a friend and that friend told my friend that she could have my husband. Turned out she was married but slept around with married men. So that made me believe that I knew he and she were talking about me and I knew he was not acting out to violate me but she was a bad person. My friend told her I'd kick her a. I was a football player in highschool and was an army mechanic. I may be small but I know martial arts so I was ready to kill. But since I was using my seizure meds finally they were suppressing my anger so that month I chatted with her, and said i may have overreacted. I. Played nice, which my husband was surprised, but said being nice was probably most scary to her. So I was able to calmly react on the medicine. No up and down, I've become less a b, and my husband willingly now tells me everything where his PTSD made him isolate and didn't want me to see him as low as he felt. So we both use medications. He also has started to believe in psychic abilities being around my me and my mom. We are constantly calling on things. He sometimes tells me when I say something bad will happen that maybe I sraw that negativity to happen. So not sure about that. My son was 5 and he was seeing things. I feared he had my seizure disorder but he was tested and no seizures. He has high iq and seems to have a memory like Sheldon on Big Bang. My husband says he may not because he doesn't say date and time. I told him of course not he doesn't get told that. But he is weird about time now. You say it's about 10 and he wants to know to the minute the correct time. He says stuff that happened when he was two. So I wonder if iq has anything to do with it because I am genius iq and I think he has a higher iq than me. What do you all think? I know this is an old thread but I see a recent post

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think it is important to keep in mind there could be two things, one is a biological founded disfunction and the other just a lack of perception filter, or something.
But super interesting everyone to read so far, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shell310
reply to post by GmoS719

You saw their past. It's an imprint of where they just were. You have an ability to see where a living being has been. You aren't crazy, you have a cool ability.

Or future. Seriously, you just need to learn to balance the two (or more) sides and keep the things in that time-space separate from those here.

pm me if you want

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GmoS719

The things you talk about I can relate to ...

I believe that so called schizophrenics are highly sensitive ... to others feelings ... it becomes a problem when one takes on the feelings of others and thinks those feelings are their own.
Thus doing so the so called schizophrenic can have very profound mood swings. confusion and paranoia

I will try to explain as best I can.

We each have the potential ability of sensing how another feels ... this can apply to animals also.
We can not know another's exact thoughts ... but can sense how another feels
The person or even animal does not need to be physically in your presence

You could wake up with the feeling of great elation or depression for example ... But in studying that feeling you may not have any particular reason for having that feeling ... Take note of the feeling and you may find that later that day or even a longer time period ... someone will cross your path to whom that feeling belongs ...

Here is an example ... Say you wake up feeling depressed but have no reason for feeling depressed ... later you meet someone or receive a call or message from another and the feeling you had or have comes to mind ... They may not exhibit that feeling as we are all taught to wear masks ... ie hide our true feelings
So gently ask the person "How are things with you" ... this gives them the opportunity to speak about how they are feeling.

Everything we experience we experience through thought ... Logic and even Scientific or Medical can not explain all things to our satisfaction ... Through thought we can glean insight of things that logic says is not possible.

Here is a final example of my own.

When young and in school ... my mathematical ability or rather ny school score was very very poor ... the subject did not interest me ... probably because how it was taught to me ... However not to digress .... I was sat in class whilst the Maths teacher was chalking out a long "Problem" ... I sat there daydreaming as usual ... then suddenly the thought came to me to say the answer ... as I said the teacher was only part way through chalking out the mathematical problem we were supposed to work out ... I shot up my hand and the teacher said "Yes what do you want" I said the answer is one over four ... she scowled at me and said "How did you know that" ... I innocently replied "I just did Miss"

Thought is our link to Reality ... Sensing is a gift to be used for others benefit ... when we mistake the sensing of another for our own feelings we automatically will get reasons for having that sense ... It takes practice to know the difference ... Be gentle with yourself and others and understand you do have a special gift ...

Sorry for such a long reply ... I hope this helps some way

Regards a/p

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Starsofblue

i also had many seizure disorders, but i never been to a doctor.
I dont even know when my first seizure was,
most of the seizure came from watching surgery series on tv, drug series, drinking to much caffeine.

but it's all gone all of the sudden, maybe i had a weak stomach.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
it's likethis society was born yesterday. total ignore of the spirit world. i curse you so that a demon eats you alive. and john gets a " mental disease" where he has " hallucinations" of voices and holograms.nice one freud. the pre 1900 people were aware of this kind of attacks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join